WoodWindBrasswind.com Student Level Trombone $99 FS!

sbsahm

Etude Student Level Trombone

http://images.miretail.com/products/full/Etude/633760530496805727.jpg

$99 with free shipping

.495" bore

Yellow brass outer handslide tubes and crook

Chrome inner hand-slide

Lacquer finish

Etude ETB-100 Series Student Trombone

The ETB-100 is a quality instrument for any beginning player budget. The ETB-100 features a .495-inch bore designed for easy tone production and projection. This trombone also features a brass outer handslide and crook plus a chrome inner handslide.

Order today with the no-risk assurance of our Total Satisfaction and Low Price Guarantees!

http://www.wwbw.com/Etude-ETB-100-Trombone-Outfit-463677-i1412688.wwbw

These are okay for play, but don't buy one for your child for school band. Our music teacher told us they are toys and would not be allowed in the band.

Ditto this. (I'm a band director) There's a reason that trombone is so cheap. Once it needs repair work you're up a creek b/c NO ONE will repair that stuff.

Ditto this. (I'm a band director) There's a reason that trombone is so cheap. Once it needs repair work you're up a creek b/c NO ONE will repair that stuff.

I went to the meeting they have with the music store and saw what model they were selling, then went home and got on Giardinelli's and instead of the student model, bought the intermediate one for half the student model price. It was a trumpet though. I still had trouble with the band director because she doesn't TRUST online. Even though it was still a Blessing, just better one.

what really drives me nuts is band directors 'encouraging' parents to buy from one particular outfit. I bought from the one my oldest childs band director recommended and we moved 2 years later....only to find the new band director thinks she needs a new trumpet because we didn't buy it from her supplier....WTH! I spent over $800 on that trumpet! Don't tell me it's junk just so I'll buy a new one from YOUR supplier!! I wonder if they get a kick back from 'their' suppliers!!!! I'm over it and told her I would NOT buy a new trumpet until that one fell apart and couldn't be put back together!

I bought my younger childs clarinet from an independent music store that has been around for YEARS and well the band instructor isn't real happy...wanted me to bring it in on the day the company was there so they could check it over...ahhhhh no thanks! I have a contract with this other place to provide all maintenance and other schools in the area use them so they can't be all bad.

Grrrrrrr I'll stop now....I could go on and on!

I don't care where you get your instrument from (I'll even recommend some online places if you want). I don't care how much you spent on it. I only care that it's a decent name brand that works properly and can actually be serviced and repaired when needed.

Could you give me some places. I have to find a sax and a clarinet since both my kids decided this year to change instruments. DD used to play the French Horn now does Clarinet and DS did the flute and now switched to the sax.

Yeah, my hubby is a band director too. He couldn't care less where it came from or how much the price, ONLY THE QUALITY! and these types sound sharp and out of tone always no matter what you do (no offense original poster). We have even sent families to craigslist, and pawn shops. But if one horn sounds like crap, the WHOLE BAND sounds like crap. We have a small band at a country school, but we don't want to sound like poo when we go compete. And no....never a kickback or even free meal from any of the horn sellers that come in to sell the horn. That is a good way to get fired as it violates ethics rules in the school.

I don't think the sellers would even offer anymore because they would be in hot water as well.

Could you give me some places. I have to find a sax and a clarinet since both my kids decided this year to change instruments. DD used to play the French Horn now does Clarinet and DS did the flute and now switched to the sax.

Not sure if it's ok to post other sites on here, so I'll PM you.

I think it is find for an elementary student starting out. Parents don't want to spend $200-300 on an instrument only for their child to decide they don't like it or want to play something else. No if you are going into high school, or have been playing for years you would want to upgrade.

btw, for $9.99 you can get a 2 year replacement plan if it breaks or has any issues (say your kids falls on it or something) send it in to the warranty and you get a gift certificate for the purchase price, which you can use to buy the same instrument or to upgrade, or buy anything else from the same store.