Getting in Line this year???

wnc_mom

i know it sucks! The only good thing is that theres not too much that i need from tru on BF which is very odd! lol my son is at a akward age (2 1/2)and has everything they have in the ad! He wants a cars bike and the grotrax timber town and a real 4 wheeler lol and of course my luck none of them are going to be on sale! err so i am not sure whats gonna happen on nf this year! i wanted to try to make kohls before i did old navy and pennys and Bru but i cant stand waiting in line to check out lol and if i get to khols then dont get out in time to get back to tru at 5 am then i miss most of the db i needed~ ahhh i gots lotsa plannin to do! lol

The longest I'll wait in line outside a store is half an hour. I figure if I don't get what I came after I wasn't meant to have it and move on to plan B. I've got to get a little sleep before my shopping marathon so I plan to leave my house about 11 which means I'll get there about 11:30 or so. My cousin will be with me so we'll rotate one in line and one in the warm car until opening. She's not buying anything anyway, she's just going to stand in line for me inside the store while I shop. :)

I am keeping my fingers crossed for less! :crossfing Last years check out lines were insane!

I know did your store have the lanes roped off too! I couldnt stand that! but i must say we got to check out quicker that way but i ended up missing alot of stuff! I think at 12 my store will have more people then not so many at 5 am thats what im hoping for because i dont wanna have to wait in check out line for 2 hrs when i go to get the 5am db's TRU is the only store opeing at 12 here we dont have any outlets or anything. I think most people in my area go to kohls and best buy and wm so i think they will all be at those stores so i can have tru all to my self...ahhh thats a nice thought! lol

ok so heres what i have so far.....

if you want Midnight DOORBUSTERS(the items that have midnight till 1pm above them) Then id say get there in line around 9:30-10. You SHOULD be able to get the 2 day sale items(Marked Fri-SAt above the item on the ad) At that time too! Then if you want the 5 am DOORBUSTERS too then you will have to go back to the store Probably around 330-4 am and it will be open and probably packed! to get the items that say 5am-till 1pm above them. If you only want the 2 day sale items anytime should be fine!

if you want Midnight DOORBUSTERS(the items that have midnight till 1pm above them) Then id say get there in line around 9:30-10. You SHOULD be able to get the 2 day sale items(Marked Fri-SAt above the item on the ad) At that time too! Then if you want the 5 am DOORBUSTERS too then you will have to go back to the store Probably around 330-4 am and it will be open and probably packed! to get the items that say 5am-till 1pm above them. If you only want the 2 day sale items anytime should be fine!

I think this is insane how they are doing it. Why not just open earlier than usual, like 4am, and do all the door busters, all at once? Why these 2 different times? :confused: Oh well. I may or may not go, but definately not for 5am doorbusters b/c the store will already be crowded.

I know did your store have the lanes roped off too! I couldnt stand that! but i must say we got to check out quicker that way but i ended up missing alot of stuff! I think at 12 my store will have more people then not so many at 5 am thats what im hoping for because i dont wanna have to wait in check out line for 2 hrs when i go to get the 5am db's TRU is the only store opeing at 12 here we dont have any outlets or anything. I think most people in my area go to kohls and best buy and wm so i think they will all be at those stores so i can have tru all to my self...ahhh thats a nice thought! lol

Yes!! We waited to check out for atleast 2 hours too.:mad:

:gdyeahthat:

I think I have changed my original plans of going back. The only thing I wanted from the 5-1 doorbusters was the geotrax train and I'll just buy another train set for DS2 so I can shop other places and not spend all my time @ TRU.

FYI... manager of the store in Janesville, WI stated today that all items will be out and can be loaded in the carts to check out at 12am. Just can't get the prices on the 5am items until 5am. So in theory the store could fill at 12:30am, with no one checking out until 5am, and 5am items sold out before the start time. In my opinion, this is one of the most asinine things I've seen in years.

FYI... manager of the store in Janesville, WI stated today that all items will be out and can be loaded in the carts to check out at 12am. Just can't get the prices on the 5am items until 5am. So in theory the store could fill at 12:30am, with no one checking out until 5am, and 5am items sold out before the start time. In my opinion, this is one of the most asinine things I've seen in years.

For me that would mean I'd get out sooner and go to my other places to shop since I don't have anything I'm buying from the 5a sale.

So this will be my first year going to TRU first. I'm planning on going around 9pm, hoping the Zhu Zhu's don't make people line up at 6pm! Anyway, do they hand out maps?...will the DS games be located in the R Zone or on the floor?...what about the other electronics?