Getting in Line this year???

wnc_mom

I'm still so undecided what I'm going to do.... I think I'll wait around to see what's online and if what I want isn't available online I'll head out to the store, there's nothing that's a MUST HAVE for me, it's just stuff i'd like to get for the kiddos, If i get it I get it, if I don't I don't.

I think my mind was just made up for me. They're calling for snow showers and freezing rain, the 7-8 items I want aren't worth me driving out there with the crazy drivers who freak out at the first sight of snow especially on Black Friday... All my shopping looks to be done online...

Just got back from TRU... Heading back out in a half hour or so.

NEVER AGAIN will I go to my TRU. So unorganized. Not inside, but outside. I got there by 8:45pm. I was roughly 50th in line. First people there at 2pm for the zhu zhu's.

By 11pm there was over 300++ people in line. By 11:30pm they were parking across the street at the Great Escape and walking over. Police at the entrance directing traffice. Line at this point was stretching around 3 buildings. OVER 150 people trying to line jump. They actually lined up in front of the doors. A riot practically broke out. People yelling/swearing/ 2 guys starting fightiing. Police called. They were breaking everything up. At this point TRU wouldn't open because of safety reasons. FINALLY police cars pulled in front of the doors. We were allowed in by 12:20am! Ridiculous.

Over an hour and 20 minutes to check out. UGH.

Just got back from TRU... Heading back out in a half hour or so.

NEVER AGAIN will I go to my TRU. So unorganized. Not inside, but outside. I got there by 8:45pm. I was roughly 50th in line. First people there at 2pm for the zhu zhu's.

By 11pm there was over 300++ people in line. By 11:30pm they were parking across the street at the Great Escape and walking over. Police at the entrance directing traffice. Line at this point was stretching around 3 buildings. OVER 150 people trying to line jump. They actually lined up in front of the doors. A riot practically broke out. People yelling/swearing/ 2 guys starting fightiing. Police called. They were breaking everything up. At this point TRU wouldn't open because of safety reasons. FINALLY police cars pulled in front of the doors. We were allowed in by 12:20am! Ridiculous.

Over an hour and 20 minutes to check out. UGH.

They just showed the TRU in Portland, Oregon on our news saying the police had to be called because 100 plus people in line were pushing and shoving and arguing. CRAZY!:eyepoppin

we got there about 1045 (was not after a zhu zhu pet) we were about 200th in line. they did tickets for all the big tickets items. They did a controlled opening police were present as of about 11 but as far as I know nothing happen. By the time the store opened the line was around the building and through the parking lot several times. We were in and out in 30 mins.

Our store was RIDICULOUS!!! We got there a few minutes after 10:00 and were probably about 100 or so back. Which was fine, because I was not after a zhu zhu. By 11:00 or so there were over 500 in line. About 11:30 people started standing around the entrance. People in line started chanting "Back of the line, back of the line". There was no police or any type of security presence at all. The people in line were getting angry that nobody was doing anything to stop the line rushers. About 10 minutes till 12, the local police showed up by sending 2 guys in a car to do a drive-by. They never got out of their car or anything. At 12:00 store employees were standing at the door, but would not open it. Finally about 12:15, three managers cracked open the door and started letting people that were lined up against the building in 5 or 10 at a time. We finally got in the store about 12:30, got what we went after and then proceeded to stand in a check-out line that was forever long. They had red tape on the floor as a line queue for both electronics and general merchandise. People had no idea which line was which and were getting mad. I know the store manager really well (she was my sunday school teacher as a child), and when we finally got to check-out (about 2:30) she was standing there. I asked her if I could make a suggestion and she said sure. I said "Next year, why don't you guys use different colored tape for the different lines." She said "That's a great idea. I'll put it on my suggestion list." Another manager walked up and said "I heard your idea and I think it's a wonderful idea." This is not rocket science. A little common sense with the tape and having just a couple of security officers, police, or even employees in reflective vests outside would have calmed a lot of the insanity that was present. I won't be doing Toys R Us on Black Friday again.

Wow! Was I the only one with a good experience at TRU on BF?! I got in line about 9pm with my niece. We were roughly 24 and 25th in line. By the time midnight got there the line went across the front of the building, down the left side of the parking lot, across the back, up the right side of the parking lot and almost met us at the front. They came around at about 11pm and handed out tickets for the Zhu Zhu's and a few other things a little while later. At midnight the manager came out and asked that we act like adults and NO TOY is worth pushing and shoving to get. We single filed in, I walked around and got what I wanted, got in line and was out in 10 minutes flat! Driving out I had to squeeze though the line of people blocking the isle! I bet those people didn't have such a great experience in the store as I did! ;)

Well my count was off. According to our paper over 1000 in line! Guess when you are at the beginning of the line you can't really tell how far back the line was! Apparently it didn't end where I thought it did... It went around the next business over and then some. 4 business to be exact. Here I said 300+ lol. Add 700 apparently. lol. CRAZY! over a dozen arrested per our paper (radio said 5). Must have happened after I went in. I thought when the police showed up they got it under control. Apparently not.