Westinghouse 32" LCD tv?

jb2013

You don't have to wait at all for BF. Target is selling this unit right now. Go buy it, then come back during BF and get a price adjustment. Easy peezy.

You can even check availability for this LCD HERE

If memory serves me right, Target only price adjusts up to 14 days. So I wouldn't buy it just yet, seeing as how it is 15 days until Black Friday.

I think it is the same because of the price that is quoted. The BF ad says the Westy is normally sold for $429. The 32" Westy on target.com is sold at the exact same $429 price. I saw that 1080i spec as well and this wouldn't be the first time that Target.com posted incorrect data on TV specs.

I honestly think that it is the same TV. If you read the adscan - the Westy isn't even a doorbuster. The Apex is, but not the Westy. That leads me to believe that the Westy is not some mysterious model that Target is going to release only on BF.

The only surefire way of knowing would be to either wait for a better adscan so the catalog number is legible or wait for the actual ad to be published. Either way I am going to pick this up and hope it is the same. If it turns out that it isn't then I will simply return it.

I got on Froogle and researched all the Westinghouse 32" 1080i (1366X768) models I could find. The average price of these units are $700. I find it hard to believe that Target is selling a 32" 1080i Westy for only $429. I will call up Target and get the Westy model number off the box on the one that is listed on their website and see if the specs jive.

Called Target and the 32" Westy that is listed on their website is

model number: SK-32H640G

The specs for that model is indeed up to 1080i. Soooo, the only thing that matches between the adscan and the website is the "before/after" price of $429. Guess I am going to go the buy/return route.

So say we purchase the TV the week of BF or before the 14 days. All I have to do on BF is take the ad and my receipt and they will refund the difference?

supposedly so .. if you can find it on the sales floor after Friday then go for it! That's what I'm thinking of doing. Just make sure you get into a Target on either Fri or Sat.

unless the fine print in their ad says no price adjustment on previous purchases ..

supposedly so .. if you can find it on the sales floor after Friday then go for it! That's what I'm thinking of doing. Just make sure you get into a Target on either Fri or Sat.

unless the fine print in their ad says no price adjustment on previous purchases ..

They didn't have any out on the floor yesterday when I went, but looking online it says they are available. So I am assuming they have them in the back. DF wants to buy a TV for my DS so I want to tell him about this one. Problem is, he is gone for the Navy right now and supposed to be home before Thanksgiving, hopefully he will be here in time to get one before. If not, we have to face the mob on BF!

I've never heard the 14 days thing with Target. I've only heard you can get a price adjustment if it goes on sale that same week or the following week. Which can total 14 days, but be careful to wait until Sunday, Nov. 15th to purchase to price adjust on Black Friday.

Here's a post with a letter from Target on the policy:

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showpost.php?p=1643088&postcount=79

I bought the westinghouse Target had on sale last year for 299. It was 26 inches. The picture was good but after a few weeks it developed red vertical lines whenever we were watching a dvd or playing video games. I took it back to Target but I had to fight to get them to take it back!! At first they told me I could only exchange it for the exact same model but they had no other ones. Finally I found a manager that let me pay a price difference for a different TV. If you buy it I would be sure and get the service plan!! I forgot all about it on Black friday last year because I was so anxious to move on to my next store. I really don't think you can beat the $250 price.

I bought the westinghouse Target had on sale last year for 299. It was 26 inches. The picture was good but after a few weeks it developed red vertical lines whenever we were watching a dvd or playing video games.

I bought a 27 inch Westy and have had no problems two years ago. I love it and we use it for games and as a computer monitor.

I have the 32 inch Westinghouse LCD TV (bought from HSN 5 years ago) in our beddroom and we love it...it has never gone out on us and is still working just as beautifully as the day we took it out of the box!! It is definitly a good buy since I paid over $700 for mine back then!

Is anyone aware what is the return policy for TV at Target.

Lets say if I buy the 32' TV on Friday and after few weeks find that its not worth it, can I return it without any restocking fees.? Any experiences on return at Target.? Thanks