What To Get A Picky 6 Year Old??

braylan1

I can not believe that I am having such a hard time buying for SD this year. She has never really been into barbies or baby dolls. She's more into makeup, crafty things, games, etc.

Last year she was so easy!! So help!!!! any ideas on what to get her if you have a child in the same age range??

i have a dd 7 and this is what she is getting so far (i will omit the dolls since you said she was not interested) a ds (orginal referbished model) 3 games for ds, digital camera with scrapbooking/photo journal software (by girltech), a mp3 player and cds to load onto it, a mp3 clockradio/speaker set, a new desk/chair/deskset for her room, new rug for room, calander and bulletin board for room and a desk lamp, lip gloss, jewlery and cute socks (all going in stocking and of course some Zhu Zhu pets, hope this helps

Here a few things my DD6 is getting ( Iwon't include the doll stuff either)

Digital camera & some scrapbooking supplies

Digital alarm clock

Pink task chair for her room

Scrabble Jr

Uno Attack

The crayola telscoping sets (crayons & markers)

zhu zhus and accesories

Not sure what else the grandparents or I will get.

I saw a very pretty white vanity set a Target the other day that a girl into make up would enjoy.

Littlest Pet shop items are popular for that age bracket. My DD was 5 when she started liking them. She is not big into baby doll and barbie dolls but does loved her LPS.

There are tons of crafts kits out there too. Maybe pick up some several different ones.

My DD has turned the corner from her toys and wants to explore her craftiy side as well. This year, she's getting a scrapbooking kit, (she didn't ask for it, but loves using my DW's scrapbooking stuff, so we figured it would be a plus.) She wanted a jewelry maker and the Harikuma clothes you design for the dolls.

These are some great ideas!! I'm thinking of the makeup vanity for her large gift. I've been looking online and they are getting pretty pricey. So I'm thinking I'm gonna make her one out of a couch table....http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r249/braylan1/41NEo6T2BqaL__SS400_.jpg

These are some great ideas!! I'm thinking of the makeup vanity for her large gift. I've been looking online and they are getting pretty pricey. So I'm thinking I'm gonna make her one out of a couch table....http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r249/braylan1/41NEo6T2BqaL__SS400_.jpg

My mom gave my daughter a vanity made from a school desk. The woman that made it did decoupage flower cut outs around the top, and then she attached a nice fabric all around the sides/back of the desk. She also attached ribbon and silk flowers around the sides/back. It's kind of hard to explain, sorry, but it turned out so cute. You can't even tell when you first look at it that it's a school desk, but it's great because it has the storage area for my daughter to stick all her extra accessories. The vanity came with a small table mirror, but we hung a nice big one on the wall for her. Currently she just uses a little plastic chair at her vanity, but for Christmas I bought her a nice storage ottoman at Walmart, so she will be able to use that instead as it's the perfect height.