Bendaroos or WikkiStix? Worth it?

EmmyNavasMom

we got wikki stix from my zaxbys (a fast food chicken place) and I *hated* them!!! they have this wierd tacky wax on them and they get stepped on and into the carpet and stuck. And after the first "project" they make with them, the wax gets all clumpy and creased and they dont look nice and pretty anymore.

I have not seen the bandaroo brand in action so I cant comment but the wikki stix I did not care for at all.

My DD6 wanted the Bendaroos but after reading about them, I decided no, she has never tried them but she would be disappointed if they did not last. Grandma has the Paperoni's for her, I am not 100% sure of those either, but we will see.

Are Bendaroos and Wikkisticks the same thing?

My son's therapist has suggested getting Wikkisticks to use to outline the pictures he is coloring to prevent him from going outside the lines. They think it will help him get the hang of it. Any thoughts from people who have used them??

Are Bendaroos and Wikkisticks the same thing?

My son's therapist has suggested getting Wikkisticks to use to outline the pictures he is coloring to prevent him from going outside the lines. They think it will help him get the hang of it. Any thoughts from people who have used them??

We also got wikkistix because of our OT and once my son got used to the texture (which was a sensory issue) it did help him with his fine motor skills as well. Both of my kids like wikkistix and we have not had any issues with them...we still have the same set from 3 1/2 years ago