Sears BF Washer & Dryer

Dennisu512

I read that last year Sears did NOT have the washer and dryer in stock. People signed up and were promised to get them. Some never did. Some customers were put off time and time again. I think some had paid for them in advance. Buyer beware on this deal!

I had NO problems with the deal last year and actually picked mine up on BF! I had called to ensure they had it in stock and they held it for me. I must point out it was a stand alone Sears in a small town, the one in the 'city' near me were taking $100 deposits on the sets it had in stock to be picked up on BF so make friends with someone who works in your Sears appliance area and ASK!

I got my pair last year at my sears hardware they had to order them but they would be deliverd to the store on the following tue so that i could pick up if i wanted it deliverd they they could'nt tell my when it would be. just a fyi they told me that it would handle a queen size comfertor but it did'nt wash it good:no: the washer is not made if you have a large family but the dryer i love:D because it dryes the clothes faster and holds more then my old dryer i went back to my old washer

We bought the Samsung set last year and I LOVE them!!!! My washer broke about 3 weeks before Black Friday so I was going to the laundry mat trying to wait for the Black Friday special - I ended up getting the Samsung set before BF during the Friends and Family sale which was priced alittle bit better then BF so keep your eyes open for the F & F sale too if you want the Samsung set:)

We bought the Samsung set last year and I LOVE them!!!! My washer broke about 3 weeks before Black Friday so I was going to the laundry mat trying to wait for the Black Friday special - I ended up getting the Samsung set before BF during the Friends and Family sale which was priced alittle bit better then BF so keep your eyes open for the F & F sale too if you want the Samsung set:)

Oooooo... Good to know! Thanks for the tip! :)

I'm totally planning to price match at Lowes or Best Buy even during the F&F event hopefully.

It says the model number and I can't imagine it not working...

I've been without a heating element on my dryer for a couple months. CAN'T WAIT!!!

This is the dryer I've been wanting. Don't really need the washer but what the heck! The warranty's out on that next year anyway...

Trish

Don't forget squaretrade for cheaper warranties! THis will be my first year using them.

Does Sears offer delivery on BF items?

Looks like they will have a ton more W/D combos than last year. Definitely interested.

Also, am I mistaken or is there a non-doorbuster combo this year for $500?

I didn't see that combo.. only the $579 combo doorbuster..

But I would say that they won't have anymore sets than last year available.. they just covered their butts good this time with the fine print..

I have checked both Lowes (on-line)and Home Depot (actual store) and have not seen where they have that model of the Samsung Washer/dryer combo.

Ok, it seems like Samsung and Lowes and Sears are all covering their butts this year. Lowes carries the DV209AEW and WF209ANW. Sears carries the DV219AEW and WF219ANW. These are exactly the same, but legally they can say that they are different models so they don't have to price match. If you go to Samsung's website and try to do a comparison on these two models, it won't let you ad both of them to the comparison cart, because it says it's already in the cart. Though it's a different model number. This tells me it's the same exact machine.

I'm sure that Lowes will end up price matching them again, but you might want to verify that they will BEFORE black friday just to be sure..

Will Sears PM and give an additional 10% off the Maytag WD set in the HD ad? According to their website they have the exact same model number as HD, MHWE300VW and MEDE300VW.

If they give an extra 10% off the set would be $900.

Yes Sears will PM any ad you bring in.Alot of times if they dont have what your looking for they will give you a up grade(YMMV).The 10% PM difference is only 10% back on the difference of the prices not 10% on the whole price.

Yes Sears will PM any ad you bring in.Alot of times if they dont have what your looking for they will give you a up grade(YMMV).The 10% PM difference is only 10% back on the difference of the prices not 10% on the whole price.

I don't think Sears will PM on BF. Check their policy, I think it has been posted on another thread here.