Besides the great deals, what is your favorite part about BF?

Jen08

This is going to be my first Black Friday out..Wish me luck!

LUCK!

I don't know how old you are,but if you have ever watched the movie Trading Places with Dan Akroyd and Eddie Murphy and Eddie's first time going into the Pit at the commodities exchange....

when Dan says,

"Nothing you have ever experienced has prepared you for the absolute carnage you are about to witness. Super Bowl. World Series-they don't know what pressure is. In this building it's kill or be killed."

Lol,there's more but it can be like that sometimes.

That scene always comes to mind when you're out there for the DoorBusters.

Just roll with the flow and you should be fine!

There is always a point where I look at myself and say,

"WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING OUT HERE IN ALL OF THIS AT 3 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING????"

I never have regretted it though and I've been doing it for 16 years in all kinds of weather.

Once you do it,you wonder why you waited so long!

LUCK!

I don't know how old you are,but if you have ever watched the movie Trading Places with Dan Akroyd and Eddie Murphy and Eddie's first time going into the Pit at the commodities exchange....

when Dan says,

"Nothing you have ever experienced has prepared you for the absolute carnage you are about to witness. Super Bowl. World Series-they don't know what pressure is. In this building it's kill or be killed."

Lol,there's more but it can be like that sometimes.

That scene always comes to mind when you're out there for the DoorBusters.

Just roll with the flow and you should be fine!

There is always a point where I look at myself and say,

"WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING OUT HERE IN ALL OF THIS AT 3 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING????"

I never have regretted it though and I've been doing it for 16 years in all kinds of weather.

Once you do it,you wonder why you waited so long!

Im 19 lol...I just decided Im going to start...This board has given me some motivation!! You guys are great!

My favorite part about BF is the fact that my friend and I get a whole day together with only one child (her youngest) to enjoy. It is a girls day out and everyone knows that on BF don't ask what time we will be home, because there is no time limit. It is the one and only day that is ours and ours alone.....even with the crowd...:D

For me, it's all about the culmination of a long, hard-fought process. Black Friday officially starts for me in December of the previous year when the Excel program for the following year's work schedule is created. Getting 1st dibs on time off to camp out and shop is the beginning of the process and breakfast at Denny's is the end. All of the effort to budget money, organize the camping logistics, prioritize and re-prioritize as the sales ads come out....and everything else that comes in between is the enjoyably stressfull part. I think I most enjoy the "calm before the storm" on Thursday after all of us crazies have settled into our respective place in line and told (and re-told) all of our war stories from years past and our goals for this year to our newly-formed best friends around us. The nerves don't start to come until the 1st BB employees show up. And then...it's GAME ON.

The adventure: starting out in the dead quiet of the night :tired: and going somewhere where lots of people just as crazy as me :cheesy: are standing in line in the wee hours of the morning in anticipation. :gdlicklips:

And, I have probably just missed it, but where are the rows of dancing monkeys this year?

So here is one...

:2monkey::2monkey::2monkey::2monkey::2monkey::2monkey::2monkey::2monkey:

and (purple?) elephants?

:2elephant:2elephant:2elephant:2elephant:2elephant:2elephant:2elephant:2elephant:2elephant

I think my favorite part is sharing with family what great deals we all got... Some of us are online and others in stores calling back and forth to see if 1 can get what the others couldn't... and then when all the madness is over - enjoying a "spiced-up Eggnog" to end the day in a peaceful way. ;)

Black Friday is my favorite holiday of the year(yes, its my holiday).My sisters and I find some great bargains then all go out to breakfast and then do more shopping. Its a time to laugh, joke, have fun, and great deals. Who could ask for anything more.

Now the kicker - I was laid off for 9 months and I just started a new job. We have to work on BF. I have asked to either have the day off or come in later in the morning and I have not gotten an answer. I am so worried I have to work. Now I will be there if necessary but I will be so disappointed. So to all those shoppers out there who can relate please say a prayer that I can get off or go in late. I am really worried.

I am glad and thankful to have a job but this has become a family tradition that I dont want to miss. Thank you for the prayers.

This is my favorite part of BF -- anticipating the fliers, making my list, researching products, and deciding when, where, and if I'll line up on BF.

After that, scoring a ticket for a coveted gift...or maybe poring over my haul when I get home ;-)

As for shopping, I prefer the time when all the gifts are bought and I'm simply shopping -- enjoying the insanity, sights, and sounds of the season.

This year may be different as my oldest wants to come out for BF. When we're done, I'll take him out for breakfast.

Its pitch dark with very little cars on the road until I get closer to the city where the mall is and listening to Christmas music. If I am alone, I get some ALONE time for mama...

Ditto! After a day with a huge gathering with extended family and screaming kids, I LOVE being alone on BF... Christmas music on in the car, planning where I need to go next. Getting breakfast in the late morning at IHOP and going over my receipts... people watching... it's all good!

It's one of the only times I hop out of bed before the alarm...but I like all that leads up to it too. Cruising Gottadeal weeks before hand, checking out the ads, planning the day....my BFF and i get to spend a guilt free day shopping and snacking and spending! I second the earlier poster who said, "Its my favorite day!" Me too.

It is part of the Tradition...even with some of my family in other states, we are on the phone with each other all night...and if one can't get something the other one will and we have been known to buy and mail it with the other Christmas gifts we send...LOL....those of us that are close by, we get together on Thanksgiving evening have dessert and plot and plan the final attack....It's all about spending a great time shopping with family and friends...the official start of the Christmas season at our home.

My mom stole my lines! We've been doing this for so many years now...The thrill and excitement of getting the deal and bonding when no one else gets it!

Black Friday is my favorite holiday of the year(yes, its my holiday).My sisters and I find some great bargains then all go out to breakfast and then do more shopping. Its a time to laugh, joke, have fun, and great deals. Who could ask for anything more.

Now the kicker - I was laid off for 9 months and I just started a new job. We have to work on BF. I have asked to either have the day off or come in later in the morning and I have not gotten an answer. I am so worried I have to work. Now I will be there if necessary but I will be so disappointed. So to all those shoppers out there who can relate please say a prayer that I can get off or go in late. I am really worried.

I am glad and thankful to have a job but this has become a family tradition that I dont want to miss. Thank you for the prayers.

This is truly sad. I wonder how many people would rather work on Thanksgiving and Christmas as long as they have BF off...