Which Stores Price Match?

As we get closer to Black Friday, there is usually quite a bit of discussion about Target's price match/adjustment policies. I don't think the match from a competitor will be an issue, but there have been issues in the past with people trying to get price ADJUSTMENTS for items purchased within the 7 days prior to BF. I had a horrible problem with an adjustment one year.

I called before I went to Target to confirm they would price match. I was told I would need to check out at guest services. When I got to guest services the girl said I could have done the adjustment at any register.

HTH.

I looked at target's website to see their stance on price matching. It states they won't price match " limited quantity items" so I highly doubt they will be PM on Black Friday.

I personally wouldn't chance missing out on a deal by attempting to PM on BF. No matter if a manager told me ahead of time I could or not.. we all know how the stores love to give then run around.

I looked at target's website to see their stance on price matching. It states they won't price match " limited quantity items" so I highly doubt they will be PM on Black Friday.

I personally wouldn't chance missing out on a deal by attempting to PM on BF. No matter if a manager told me ahead of time I could or not.. we all know how the stores love to give then run around.

Could you tell me where you find the price matching info on the website? All I could find was price adjustments. Must have missed it. :)

As we get closer to Black Friday, there is usually quite a bit of discussion about Target's price match/adjustment policies. I don't think the match from a competitor will be an issue, but there have been issues in the past with people trying to get price ADJUSTMENTS for items purchased within the 7 days prior to BF. I had a horrible problem with an adjustment one year.

I called before I went to Target to confirm they would price match. I was told I would need to check out at guest services. When I got to guest services the girl said I could have done the adjustment at any register.

HTH.

Thank you for that info. I will call my store to check just in case. Target is right down the street and TRU is 20 minutes from me, so I would rather save the gas if possible. I have done price adjustments before, but never price matching, so I wasn't sure how it worked. That helps so much.

Target is a little more difficult as you have to pay the Target price for the item, then take your receipt over to the customer service counter. You then show them the ad, and then they will refund the difference in the price.

Walmart & Best Buy will just do it at the register as long as you have the ad.

Just another tidbit...Wal-Mart also price matches their grocery items. Like for Kroger, VG's, Meijer, etc. Just bring your ad with you. The only thing I've run into a problem with was

B1G1F items.

I had no idea they matched the grocery items too! I was very lucky with one toy. My son saw a toy in TRU big book but of course they are out of stock...yet etoys has it...imagine that at $40 more and they are the same company...anyway walmart had it instock and my hubby didn't bring the add with him. Guess what, walmart has the adds there and they price matched it for us...savings $20.00 off! Yeah walmart and ha ha TRU/etoys!!

Last year I went to Target before black friday and purchased the little tikes digital cameras for $40 and two days later on black friday they were $20. Well, I knew this and so two days before black friday I emailed target with this question, If I purchase something before black friday and it happens to go on sale on black friday, will you do a price adjustment. They said that they would but I would have to come in on black friday to do the price adjustment. that was fine with me as I was going to be there anyway! I also printed that email out to bring with me if I had any problems. i think I am going to do that again.

thank you so much!!! i have been eyeing the princess musical vanity forever at 99.00 at TRU...i was already excited to see it for 69.99 in the BTB but now they have a 10.00 off coupon for target too!! YAY!!!!!!

lance thanks for that info, thats an awesome idea...if i could do all that instead of waiting in line at 3am I would much rather sleep in this year! ha!