Does anyone wait for Black Friday to buy stuff they NEED, not just want?

ediesbeads

1/2 price socks at Fred Meyer!! I bu all the socks we wear all year long there and go through sock droors, usually I don't give them at Christmas unless I need something to plump up stocking... But that's one of my favorite items of Black Friday!!

My sons always knew not to ask for socks after September. The same answer every year, just wait until Black Friday.

Darla

My wife started the BF "need" list last night. Steak knives ( or a good set) and plastic storage bowls. Last year Wal-mart had the Rubbermaid sets for $7. We got two but my wife states "We need more!"

I am so glad I saw this. I want more Rubbermaid. I know that Fred Meyer's will have them half off for Black Friday. I need to put this on my list or wait another year.

Darla

I usually buy a mixture of both needs and wants. I do the majority of my Christmas shopping BF, but this is usually when I buy a jacket for my DD (3) and at least one or two prs of jeans for all 3 of my kids. My boys will be getting more clothes this year bc they are 11 (twins) and have hit their growth spurt so all of the jeans that I bought in August are too short. I bought one of my boys (he hit his growth spurt first) jeans about 1 month ago, but I only bought two pair just to get him by. I will also buy some shirts if they have them this year.