Does anyone wait for Black Friday to buy stuff they NEED, not just want?

ediesbeads

My kids are outgrowing EVERYTHING! I think I'm going to hit the clothing deals heavily this year, and not save it for Christmas... just get clothing that fits for all my kids LOL! Last year I bought DS (7) a few $4 deal sweatshirts at Walmart. One fell apart at the neckline, but he still wears it. I think I need to buy more of that type of thing... just to get through winter. Jeans especially if they have good deals. DD (10) is harder because she's moving into Jr. sizes. I should find lots for DD (4).

How about you? Is Black Friday all about Christmas, or do you just wait for the deals for everyday stuff as well?

Edie

My kids are outgrowing EVERYTHING! I think I'm going to hit the clothing deals heavily this year, and not save it for Christmas... just get clothing that fits for all my kids LOL! Last year I bought DS (7) a few $4 deal sweatshirts at Walmart. One fell apart at the neckline, but he still wears it. I think I need to buy more of that type of thing... just to get through winter. Jeans especially if they have good deals. DD (10) is harder because she's moving into Jr. sizes. I should find lots for DD (4).

How about you? Is Black Friday all about Christmas, or do you just wait for the deals for everyday stuff as well?

Edie

A lot of the clothes I buy don't make it to Christmas. I have 2 boys 12 and almost 16 and they are growing like weeds. Stuff I bought in August for school is too short or too big (The older one is probably over 6 ft tall now and the jeans that were tight in August are falling off him and not dragging the ground....). Fortunately they could wear shorts for a little longer since we're in NE Florida but I need to spend money on jeans and shirts again... I'll possibly even risk the mall this year.

Usually for me it is all about Chritsmas, if I happen to see something we need , I will get it. I do not go out of my way to get things we need though. Like most people on here I go overboard at Christmas, and I am never done shopping!!

Yes. I need a desktop, but its sooo close to BF that I will just have to wait and use my linux netbook and mac laptop for now. But some of my programs only work on windows (sad but true). I am a professor who often teaches online classes too. So this is a NEED.

I get things I need and Xmas presents

We always go to the Meijer Thanksgiving Day to stock up on the .99 Miracle Whip and .89 Suave Products

And Kmart Thanksgiving Day Sale usually has .99 or .89 Pepsi 2 Liters

Me too!

It's both "needs" and prezzies.

Like I will buy appliances but to me,a five dollar can opener is not a present but something I might need at the time.

Heck,it's just a fun time to be out in the stores! The prices are great and folks are in the Christmas Spirit so that is a win-win combination.

I only do wants not needs. If I truly need something like clothes, storage bins etc. I get them right away. Now if I am already in a store on BF and see something I could really use around the house I will snag it. I did a lot of that at WM last year- my Mom waited in line while I roamed around. I didn't plan on it so I didn't have anything written down, but I picked up lots of good things ( my stick vac is still going strong!)

I will do both. If I see something that I really need, I will buy it. I have lost about 40 lbs and am desperately in need of clothing so I am looking for that for me this yearand the kids 10 and 9 need clothes already for winter so those things will be on the needs list. The wants will happen too though.

Laura

On BF I am shopping mostly for Christmas, but that includes things for myself or home. I do hold off on some needs and get them that day. To look at it another way, I sometimes hold things that we "need" for Christmas, instead of using them earlier, because that makes for more "surprises" for someone to unwrap. Even a toaster is more "fun" on Christmas than on, say, October 26! ;)

As for needs....I always buy my 3 kids a new winter coat at Sears on BF. But this year we had a new Burlington Coat Factory open here a few weeks ago and all the kids got new coats so I guess this year will be all wants!

I refuse to shop at Burlington, they will not return merchandise and give you your money back, they will give you a store credit or put it on a gift card, forcing you to buy something else from them.

Definitely, always. Since I don't celebrate Christmas I only by things I need for me, my husband and my house.

Right now I need to increase memory on my laptop and I'm waiting for Black Friday to by some more RAM. My husband has a computer so it is not a big deal for me to hope on his once in a while.

Well, I guess you could say both, the girls usually need winter clothes and since we are in Arizona, they really don't need too many before December. So I pick up a bunch of winter clothes at JCPenny's on BF. Mostly I shop for Christmas, if the weather stays warm, I'll give the clothes I get at JCP to them as gifts at Christmas too.

last year, it was all christmas gifts, which could be either want or need depending on your point of view lol.. this year though, its mostly family needs, everyone in our home is holding out on buying winter clothes, my laptop has died and needs replaced, and several household appliances are on their last leg.. so im all about the needs this year!!

Well, there is nothing that I truly NEED. If it's something that I truly need, i will get it right away, If my one pair of tennis shoes fall apart, I buy one right away. If I need a dress for a party, I don't wait to buy it. If something breaks down, I buy it now, I don't wait.

There are many things that I want but I wont buy without a big discount like a webcam for example.