Spike Imaginext Dino

irishiz

I don't know where to get a deal on Spike... I've only seen him recently at TRU for $130.

But, I bought Spike for my boys last Spring when our Walmart was clearancing them out. We paid $65 for him. My boys (then 3 and 6) could hardly be dragged away from Spike at Toys R Us (where they had him set up in a demo case). Once we got him... well, they played with him constantly the first day, quite a bit the second day, a little bit the third day... and he hasn't been touched by them since March.

Not all kids are the same, but I've read several comments from other parents on other boards where their experience was the same, so I just wanted to warn you. Especially if $119 is expensive to you, as it is to me. If I had paid retail for it last Christmas, I would have been really disapointed.

I, however, think Spike is a lot of fun and have spent a fair bit of time making Spike stalk our Shih Tzu. :)

I bought it for my son last Christmas too. He loves it the first few days. Wanted to show everyone when they came over. After about a week he had nothing to do with it. It is just sat up in the corner of his room. But then again that is the case with almost all the toys we buy.

Yup, us too...my now 4 yo ds is not a big toy kid, so when this was ALL he wanted last Christmas, I couldn't NOT get it for him...he finally wanted a toy! Albeit an expensive toy, but it was a toy that he couldn't get enough of in the store...I think since the day he got it, other than the first couple of days, he's played with it twice...

But I agree, it sure is fun going after the pets with him! ;)

Would this be an option for you? http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=7080&e=storeproduct&pid=47317

Spike is undeniably awesome, but we passed on him because I don't think the kids would get enough play out of him to justify the price. I am considering Spike Jr. this year. He is 17.89 at Fleet Farm, $21.99 on Amazon. Of course if you have your heart set on the big Spike there will probably be deals out there. Maybe you could get lucky on Ebay?

My DS3 wants Spike Jr. and Kota's friends, also, but seeing as we have Spike and the BIG Kota and neither of them are ever played with, I'm putting my foot down about the little guys.

My kids always beg for the big, expensive toys, then don't ever play with them. But when I let them buy a $1 Hot Wheels car or a $5 ATV toy, then they play with them all the time! I really should learn a lesson here...