Buy Now or Will They Be On Sale?

angied64084

My 5 year old wants Santa to bring him Bakugans :yuck: Do I buy the starter set from Amazon for $18-$19 or will they run them on better specials on BF?

I know that I will be able to get a bike that he wants on Sale.

Think the "hit" DVDs will be at hot prices again this BF? Transformers, UP!, Night at Museum 2...and what price do you think they will hit at?

Some Wii games....it always seems like they have better deals on BF but with all the other items I wanna hit up at walmart...I gotta sacrifice what comes first. Last year I passed up an awesome online deal thinking I'll hit the 2 toys I need first then the Wii games...well needless to say the Wii games were GONE in like 2 min so I missed out. I'll be watching cyber monday deals for things I won't be near in line.

Last year at this time, you couldn't find Bakugans anywhere. This year, I see them lots of places. (ToysRUs just had a big Bakugan event last weekend.) I wouldn't pay $18-20 for the starter pack with the 3 balls, because I've seen it at TRU, Walmart and Target for less than $14 this past weekend. What might be hard to find are the newer ones that hook together to make a creature, ala transformerlike.

Last year at this time, you couldn't find Bakugans anywhere. This year, I see them lots of places. (ToysRUs just had a big Bakugan event last weekend.) I wouldn't pay $18-20 for the starter pack with the 3 balls, because I've seen it at TRU, Walmart and Target for less than $14 this past weekend. What might be hard to find are the newer ones that hook together to make a creature, ala transformerlike.

Amazon has a 9 card, 6 ball package for $18.40, the 3 Ball, 3 Card Starter sets were $8.97. So it sounds like this is probably a safe early bird price if I'm not worried about getting the latest/newest editions? I know nothing about these toys and no one else I know does either. I need your help Black Friday peeps! :fluffy:

I'm the same way with the wii games, but I figure there's no reason I can't wait and get them from amazon a couple of weeks before christmas. That's a lot of time to find a good sale between now and then.

And my youngest has declared that he wants that giant Spike dinosaur from Santa. There's no way he's getting that unless I find a killer deal somewhere which I seriously doubt.

I'm the same way with the wii games, but I figure there's no reason I can't wait and get them from amazon a couple of weeks before christmas. That's a lot of time to find a good sale between now and then.

And my youngest has declared that he wants that giant Spike dinosaur from Santa. There's no way he's getting that unless I find a killer deal somewhere which I seriously doubt.

I would watch Kohls.com for a good deal on Spike. It will go on sale when it gets closer to Christmas, and if you have a Kohls charge you can get an additional 30% when they have one of their scratch off sales. I got Buscuit Furreal Dog last year a whole lot cheaper than any other stores had it for. Also if memory serves me right you can stack discount codes and get free shipping too.

I am hoping the old PSP goes on sale somewhat. I need to get one for DS and can get one now but would rather wait to see if it goes on sale.

My sister wants me to look out for one of these..I don't know anything about video games but thought that prices were set from what i have read..is it possible to find one of these cheap?? She wants to get my nephew one for his bday in Nov

Amazon has a 9 card, 6 ball package for $18.40, the 3 Ball, 3 Card Starter sets were $8.97. So it sounds like this is probably a safe early bird price if I'm not worried about getting the latest/newest editions? I know nothing about these toys and no one else I know does either. I need your help Black Friday peeps! :fluffy:

My son is 6, a first grader, and he loves, loves, loves Bakugans. I won't tell you what I paid last Christmas for the 6 ball set, but suffice it to say, it was waaaaaaaay more than $18.00!!

The toys are great. I "borrow" them to use in my science classroom when we study Magnets (I teach middle school). The sets come with cards, some are magnetic and some aren't. They are used in a card game, but my son just prefers to roll the balls over the cards and make up his own game. There is a cartoon that goes along with them too, but that scares him sometimes. (Pokemon cartoons are more his speed -- he loves Pokemon too)

I would watch Kohls.com for a good deal on Spike. It will go on sale when it gets closer to Christmas, and if you have a Kohls charge you can get an additional 30% when they have one of their scratch off sales. I got Buscuit Furreal Dog last year a whole lot cheaper than any other stores had it for. Also if memory serves me right you can stack discount codes and get free shipping too.

I didn't think about Kohl's! Thanks for that. I'll keep an eye on it.

My sister wants me to look out for one of these..I don't know anything about video games but thought that prices were set from what i have read..is it possible to find one of these cheap?? She wants to get my nephew one for his bday in Nov

All I can say is don't get a used one from Game Stop. DS had one from Game Stop, his grandma got him one there used. It worked for about a month. I took it back, got another used one cause that is what they would give us and it worked for about 2 months. Now the warrenty is up and we have no PSP. I am going to get a brand new one this time.

At this point, prices online are pretty awesome. I'm not sure if I can stand waiting or not. There are too many items to list... but there's some good deals online. Better than normal I might add.

I see a good price online and think "I'll just get this out of the way now" then my Black Friday shopper angel says, "Wait! You MAY get it cheaper in a couple of weeks......":confused:

None of my kids want anything "hot", so I'm always trying to guess..will it or won't it?? I've been stalking the clearance aisle of walmart to get some things. Got two of the pink razr scooters for $15 each. Just trying to be patient to see if the blue ones get marked down from $32. Lurking for best prices on Fisher Price digital cameras and VSmile games. I know that the Barbie Three Muskateer dolls probably aren't going to be on sale, so I'm dreading writing THAT check. I am wondering if anyone will have cheaper Playdough kits than the $10 ones Walmart has right now. Hoping that My Friend Chuck, the talking truck gets marked down. Looking for Batter Batter Baseball too.

Geesshhh...and here I was feeling good yesterday about having a lot of shopping out of the way and now I look at the list of just SOME of the stuff I'm still looking for .............

as far as the wii games go...the buy 2 get one free deal at TRU seemed good, or at least as good as they got last year as far as the newer games. BF and the Friday sales at TRU had older games for cheap, but not anything but "filler" or "stocking" gifts for my kids.

I have found that if I see a good deal on the game, I buy them, then return them if something better comes along. Makes for some work, but worth it for me to save the extra money!

Was wondering about the Wii games myself. It'll be the first year for shopping for Wii items on BF. Were the prices really hot?

Last year they were great at walmart. I ended up doing the 2 for 40 deal online since I missed out on it. They were like $12 BF for the games I wanted (Princess game, and star war games). I'm hoping this year since pricing has came down a little on Wii products throughout the year that it will be even better this year. Here's to hoping!!

MuggleMom - I think that the TRU deals might be better once averaged out. I didn't hit TRU till late last year since they changed the way they do it and the line was forever long (they were only letting X amount of ppl in at a time) Anyway once split the free one it might be worth it! I like the return idea...I didn't really think of doing that with games...I do it with shoes LMAO

I see a good price online and think "I'll just get this out of the way now" then my Black Friday shopper angel says, "Wait! You MAY get it cheaper in a couple of weeks......":confused:

I feel your indecision....... DH wants a new TV and I keep telling him...WAIT! I hope the TV gods will be kind this year :holiday10

If not it may be :gdyelling: from DH

If your kids aren't too picky about NEW games... www.goozex.com is a great place to get games. It's a trading place, but they let you buy trade credits and trade points, so you don't have to trade if you don't want to. You can't always get evern game you want, but they have tons, and if you are looking for older games they are cheap and easy to get.

Edie