For everyone looking forward to cold weather and snow on BF!

neboo

It definately snowed today, October 9th, and it is miserable outside. It just hit me that I have been moving to colder and colder places in my life for BF. What a mistake!

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/3971/targetsnow.jpg http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/targetsnow.jpg/1/w320.png

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/8970/snowroad.jpg http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/snowroad.jpg/1/w320.png

neboo - we hunters asked for this weather for the Pheasant opener tomorrow - I'll be huntin' north of you in the Wilton/Washburn area.

I've been out there for Black Friday though - if it's miserable, Kirkwood is a decent place to shop in the early morning.

I am in Bismarck. I just moved here. I have gone from Green Bay, WI to St. Cloud, MN to Bismarck, ND. I need to go south!

BTW, the leaves havent even changed colors here yet as it has been really warm until last week. We are going to end up missing the best part of the year. I love fall.

We've got thunderstorms and high winds here today. Electricity went off for an hour in my school. Ever try to keep 30 eighth graders from hitting, choking, killing or procreating with each other for an hour in the dark? :eek: It ain't easy!

I look forward to chilly weather (but no snow) of BF!!!

Live in Central Illinois and sometimes it snows, sometimes it spit very cold rain (not sleet), and one year it was 70 by noon, you never know what you are going to get here, I just don't want an ice storm like we had 3 years back. thank god it didnt come until dec 1st that would have been a nightmare! Last few years it has been rather nice, about 35 at night and dry. We'll see if we are that lucky this year!! :)

We're at the peak of "leaf peeping" season here in upstate NY... The rain for the last few days has brought many of the leaves down and I'm not looking forward to raking up that mess. We could have snow by now and we typically have snow by Thanksgiving. A few years ago we had a storm on Thanksgiving and BF parking lots were really slick and icy. I'd take snow over ice any day of the week.

I just want to see fall here. It's 86 outside right now. I like looking at the pics of snow though. It makes me happy and feel like it really is getting close to BF. Maybe it will snow when we go North for the holidays.

I'll see your 86 and raise to 91 @4:30 this afternoon in Jacksonville.... I'd love the low 80's upper 70's right now. {{sigh}}

Don't tell my wife, she's already freaked out enough about our drive back home to Tennessee (currently in Alaska). Her mom told her about snow in Montana, but I pointed out we'd be going through the Dakotas instead.

Oddly enough, here in Anchorage there's no snow, and the snow on the mountains we had the past couple weeks is melting. We're in the 50s and the low tonight is 48 :( I was sure we'd be playing in the snow by now!

I would LOVE snow! The last time we had measurable snow here on Thanksgiving/BF was 20 years ago before I started shopping on BF

I noticed under your name it said S. New Jersey......you don't get regular snowfall??? I learned something new today!! :)

Dh and I were just talking at dinner today that it could be anytime for snow here. Sometimes the snow starts in early October others we may not see a flake until January. Contrary to belief Buffalo, NY is not ALWAYS in a snowstorm! :D

I like it w/ the holiday lights, but other than that I don't care for it.

I live in GA, the best BF day of my LIFE was when I was about 16 (so yeah 11 years ago) we had an extreamly cold thanksgiving and we stood in line at 4am in 25* weather with snow flurries for hours. It was one of the coldest days of my life, LOL, and I have longed for it since. Maybe el nino will be kind to the wierdos like myself and grant us with another freezing cold snowy BF morning... :fluffy:

....giddy up giddy up giddy up lets goooooo lets SHOP in the snooooow..... :D

NKy Weather, you just never know.

My DD was born early 10/97, when we brought her home a couple days later it was 86 degrees. My husband came back up to our room and started stripping her. LOL I had her bundled up like there was 10 feet of snow on the ground. (of course with her being our first baby, i had that bag packed in july thinking it would be cold in october)

now here we are 12 years later same time of month and it is freezing outside!! Some years its rainy, some hot, some freezing. Its hard to prepare. :)

Note to self: Do not complain about the record highs we had here in Florida on Thursday. I'd rather have heat than snow for BF!

I second that. If I'm going out really early/overnight just take an extra shirt and maybe a hoodie which I can take off later and probelm solved.

Must be nuts with layers and the heat inside stores and all the people huddled to get in etc:(