Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Off topic - DON'T FORGET BATTERIES!!!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Kayakmom  OFFLINE  

Kayakmom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 7:10 am

This is a public service announcement. :D

Don't forget the batteries!!!!!

Posted Image

There's nothing sadder than a new toy with no batteries. :no: (Can you tell it happened to me more than once as a child? LOL) If you give a gift that requires batteries, please provide them if you can!

#2 elena_398  OFFLINE  

elena_398

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,721 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 7:16 am

Im stocked on As, AAs, Cs, and Ds. (thanks to batteries.com and Rite Aid. LOL)

#3 Kayakmom  OFFLINE  

Kayakmom

• 3,325 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 7:23 am

I always have AA and AAA's, but I grabbed spares and also picked up some C's and D's at Costco. I already had a new 6 pack of 9V's because hubby and I both bought them for smoke detector time.

#4 alimfp  OFFLINE  

alimfp

Meow.

• 5,626 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 7:35 am

I highly recommend rechargeables!!! But I am headed out this morning to buy more plus maybe another charger..!

#5 scrapwave  OFFLINE  

scrapwave

Hasn't begun procrastinating!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 7:37 am

Thanks to CVS I'm well stocked on all batteries. :) Normally we use rechargables also..but when I can get others for free or pennies...might as well stock up. ;) Merry Christmas everyone!

#6 lpingb  OFFLINE  

lpingb

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 7:40 am

umm...thanks to kmart i have 500 packages in the basement and enough soap to last a lifetime

#7 my2kidsmom  OFFLINE  

my2kidsmom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 9:12 am

There should be a law tht any toy that needs batteries comes with a set of batteries.

#8 tntsmomie  OFFLINE  

tntsmomie

Every Day is a New Beginning

• 1,219 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 9:15 am

There should be a law tht any toy that needs batteries comes with a set of batteries.

:yup:

We have a big bag of batteries, just waiting for presents to be opened. I forgot to write down how many of what type we needed, so I grabbed AA, AAA, C & D. Let's hope none are 9V!

#9 Kayakmom  OFFLINE  

Kayakmom

• 3,325 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 11:02 am

:yup:

We have a big bag of batteries, just waiting for presents to be opened. I forgot to write down how many of what type we needed, so I grabbed AA, AAA, C & D. Let's hope none are 9V!

LOL, that's me. Luckily I remembered I had the 9V's in the drawer. ;)

#10 alimfp  OFFLINE  

alimfp

Meow.

• 5,626 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 11:25 am

I too was going to write down what batteries we needed .. but then I got to wrapping and forgot. Oops. I went out and bought some more this morning. I got a couple of 9V just in case as well, lol.

#11 fulkersonm  OFFLINE  

fulkersonm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 11:35 am

I stocked up at batteries.com and even got new watch batteries for watches that haven't worked in a while. I was worried about getting them in time, but they arrived just a few days after I ordered them. If they are any good at all, it's a real deal. We use rechargeables also but with grand kids and their friends over with toys needing batteries I didn't want my rechargeables going home with them and getting pitched when they run down.

#12 Wcjr  OFFLINE  

Wcjr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 11:38 am

Because Of The Nice People Posting Cvs Coupons And Follow Up Information I Scored Very Big At Cvs. On Saturday Alone I Got $75.00 Worth Of Energizers For $3.10!!!!!. It Was A Challenge With Some Of The Clerks When The Sale Went Negative But I Prevailed. I Also Got Eight Each Of Ener. Recharge. Aa And Aaa For Less1.50cents Each. A Tip To Everyone. I Store All My Batteries And Film In A Regular Refrigerator. They Will Keep For Years If Kept Cold

#13 tokanm  OFFLINE  

tokanm

Mary-Ellen

• 5,137 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 3:34 pm

I got a 48 pack of AA batteries at BJ's for $9.98 plus I bought a 36 pack of AAA's at BJ's too for $5.99 I hope I don't need any C, D, or 9 volts...oh well that is what they make the local convenience stores for, so I can spend $10. for 1 battery :eek: KayakMom..thanks for the PSA...you probably saved some kids from being in tears tomorrow. Now since my DSs are college age, they can asssemble anything that needs assembly... I used to dread that :gdparanoid:

#14 Kayakmom  OFFLINE  

Kayakmom

• 3,325 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 3:38 pm

KayakMom..thanks for the PSA...you probably saved some kids from being in tears tomorrow.
Now since my DSs are college age, they can asssemble anything that needs assembly...
I used to dread that :gdparanoid:

No problem!

My ds11 is old enough to assemble his own stuff and my other kids' stuff...and some of mine, lol. Between him and my hubby, I rarely have to do any assembly. I want to assemble the Pirates of the Caribbean ship, though. We've lost lots of ship parts in the past, so I'm prepared with Super Glue. ;)

#15 lisamag  OFFLINE  

lisamag

Friends help each other

• 3,141 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 5:26 pm

as i wrapped the gifts i took noticed to what needed batteries, i went to rite aid which had a big sale on them, i got some rechargable for the Wii remotes (i'm so tired of those dieing), and i got 16 pks of aa and aaa. i figured that was enough, well i went to wrapp the rest of the gifts and came across the 2 WowWee Roboreptile Robotics they each take 9 aa batteries :shock: thats 18, good thing rite aid still had the sale, i had to go and get another pk of 16.

#16 naturegirl  OFFLINE  

naturegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 6:29 pm

Because Of The Nice People Posting Cvs Coupons And Follow Up Information I Scored Very Big At Cvs. On Saturday Alone I Got $75.00 Worth Of Energizers For $3.10!!!!!. It Was A Challenge With Some Of The Clerks When The Sale Went Negative But I Prevailed. I Also Got Eight Each Of Ener. Recharge. Aa And Aaa For Less1.50cents Each.

A Tip To Everyone. I Store All My Batteries And Film In A Regular Refrigerator. They Will Keep For Years If Kept Cold

God how did you do that??? I need so many batteries that they will come to $75 (regular and chargeable both).
Can you please tell me how you got $75 batteries down to $3.

#17 dereksmommy  OFFLINE  

dereksmommy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 7:21 pm

DH remembered and stopped after work brought a big sack of all size batteries

#18 Kayakmom  OFFLINE  

Kayakmom

• 3,325 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 7:56 pm

DH remembered and stopped after work brought a big sack of all size batteries

Good job, dereksdaddy! :D

#19 teebee  OFFLINE  

teebee

• 3,465 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 25, 2007 - 6:03 pm

Well, I forgot and dh went out last at midnight to find a store open with d batteries bit, we got em. so we were good.

#20 Guest_JustMeDiana_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_JustMeDiana_*
  • Member since --

Posted Dec 25, 2007 - 7:58 pm

Thanks to CVS I'm well stocked on all batteries. :) Normally we use rechargables also..but when I can get others for free or pennies...might as well stock up. ;) Merry Christmas everyone!

Same here!!! Granddaughter's Little Tykes kitchen took 9AA batteries!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users