I guess I missed the hint.

Scanner420

I think we'd really have to know you and your wife to know the intent behind it. I, too, never go in my hubby's wallet. I'm just not a snoopy person. I honestly don't think he has anything to hide. On the other hand, he doesn't really buy me surprise presents because I'd be the one making my own list, lol. In our house, I sometimes want things for me but don't generally buy them. I guess it's a mom thing, but I'd rather do for others. I've had a camera flash on my Amazon wish list for over a year. It's $240 and I've spent much more than that on everyone else, but I still haven't bought the flash. Hubby told me to buy it about 100 times, lol. I usually do my own shopping and wrap it up from him, haha. Sometimes I'll even give it to him and have him wrap it with the kids. Sometimes he insists that I get things, even when I think I shouldn't. He could care less what I buy as long as our bills are paid and we save right off the top.

I don't like the idea of crossing out the kid charms in lieu of a Mary Kay basket, either! That just seems not right to me. Is she really that self centered, or is she really a hard working mom who just needs some "me" stuff at this point? I think sometimes we all need a little break and some time to think about us. It's actually good to take some "mom time". However, if it's a habit, then that's just being a self-centered beech and I wouldn't get it for her! If she's a great mom and a great wife who just may be overburdened at the moment, then I'd get her everything on the list..and the kid thing if the budget was ok with it.

I want one of those Original Mother's Rings, but the one I want is platinum and with all my kids it will cost almost a thousand dollars! Yikes! I'll just stand here holding my hand on my butt, lol... or maybe I'll cave and switch to white gold. ;)

Tell us more about your wife and her possible intentions so we can give better input. :yup:

EDIT: Thinking more about the kid charms... maybe she just doesn't like that type of jewelry? I have a whole box of it sitting in there and I just don't wear it. Maybe it's not her style and she honestly doesn't want you to waste the money?

If my husband did that to the list (even if his intentions were good) I would be upset, I would just get the things that weren't "tampered" with since you are both in agreement of those and call it a day, I think that would get the point across knowing me I would wrap the list in with one of the gifts with a line through the additions

kudoos to you, you sound like a great husband!

That is slightly funny but also very selfish! I drop hints as to what I want or need but I don't expect them! I also love when my DH picks out things that he thinks I would love. Someone needs to teach your wife about the real reason for Christmas and that it isn't the gift but the thought that counts! Wow... just WOW! I hope if you have children she atleast pretends to teach them the real meaning behind Christmas ie: Christmas is a time to celebrate God's gift of Jesus to us. I'm not a religious freak or anything but I'm sick of ppl being so self-centered! If I hear of one more person (I say person not child because my sister's ILs said that is what their kids want when she asked them what they would like for Christmas) asking their distant relatives for a $400 Wii I'm going to burst!

okay stepping down now :gd_soapbo

First of all will you be my hubby and buy me the Cricut Expression.:tongue1:....LOL I want the Cricut Expression.... I have the original one.... my hubby told me to go get the Expression, but I can't justify dropping $300 on another machine...still thinking about it.;)

I think is was bold to go and just CROSS off items......however it understand why... I would have just hinted/or said I wouldn't want thoses items.

When it comes to gifts weather it is birthday or holiday... I just tell hubby. I want this...and he gets it...LOL

I'm staggered a the fact she went into your wallet and changed something that was yours. I'd be mad, if I were you. Did you have her name on it? Or was it just a list of things?

I am a B!tch. I would get her one gift - not on any version of the list, and if she asks, I would say those are your coworkers shopping list, and you were helping him hide things, or that I gave that all to charity.

Keep in mind - there is a reason I am not a marriage counselor.

I have to agree with cong here (well, maybe not about her being a b!tch!). I'd have to go even a step further and say I would never dream of going into my husband's wallet any more than he better ever think of putting his paws in my handbag. But, you'll work it out. Of course you don't need my advice but I'll give it anyway - before you decide what to do, get out your handy dandy Webster's and look up the word "ungrateful". You may find a familiar picture in the listings.

Sorry I'm so hostile about this but you seem like a really nice guy and this obviously upsets you. oh, so it's still none of my business, well, okay then.

You think that is bad... it gets worse the longer you are married. I hide my wifes gifts in a closet in my office. I went in there the other day and noticed a different bag on the top of everything. (I put everything in unmarked boxes, so I don't think she peeked). I open up the bag and it is a PJ set that she had bought and put in there for herself.

I guess she can't depend on making a list for me... she just goes ahead and buys what she wants and puts it in my stash. Maybe she thought I wouldn't notice... :P

You think that is bad... it gets worse the longer you are married. I hide my wifes gifts in a closet in my office. I went in there the other day and noticed a different bag on the top of everything. (I put everything in unmarked boxes, so I don't think she peeked). I open up the bag and it is a PJ set that she had bought and put in there for herself.

I guess she can't depend on making a list for me... she just goes ahead and buys what she wants and puts it in my stash. Maybe she thought I wouldn't notice... :P

:D She sounds like my SMIL, she buys most of her own stuff for FIL to give her and would do the same thing.

That's hilarious...

And for my story, I got a call from my wife from a jewelry store, "Honey, I know what you can get me for Christmas..."

Man!!! Two posts and I'm generating debates all over the place!!! (You're welcome brad)

I spoke to my wife, who said she switched the stuff around to try and save us $$$ (She doesn't have the inside scoop like me :) ), with the exception being the birthstone charms. Her reason for that is she wants me to wait on them until our kids are a little older. The oldest out of four, is six and they can't keep their hands out of mommy's jewlrey box. She's lost alot of nice pieces over the past few years because litle fingers have been touching things they shouldn't and she knows if they had the chance, the charms would vanish. Maybe Mother's Day in two years.

:beer:

And for those who called my wife a b!tch throughout this thread, get a life. She's the sweetest person who is not the least bit selfish. She's a great mom and partner and I'm very lucky to have someone special like her by my side everyday!! The mere fact that you made that kind of judgement against her for one instance that I posted on a message board to generate a few laughs, is just disappointing, an absolute absurdity and just downright rude! Now........Before this gets any uglier and the flames start flying, I suggest one of the mods close this thread!! And.......If anyone wants to continue this......PM me, but be prepared to go to war!!!!

:2up: