Not impressed with the ad

Ebayordeath

The funny thing to me is that I came to this site just to see the Wal-Mart ad early. Since it wasn't allowed to be posted when I registered, I looked at some of the other ads for stores that I don't have in my town to get an idea of what to expect. Since the bulk of my BF purchases are made up of video games and DVDs, particularly TV seasons, I was pleased with what I saw in the Target and Best Buy ads. Now that I have seen the disappointment that it the Wal-Mart ad (the few things in the ad that I even considered are cheaper at other BF sales), I think I am going to just going to make the drive to these stores that I would never have considered shopping at had Wal-Mart allowed their ad to be posted in the first place.

Posted Early, So Mch For Waiting Untill Midnight, Eh

I figured it was close enough. It's midnight somewhere :P

Plus I didn't want the huge spike of traffic at midnight as it could have taken the servers down if everyone tried to see it at once. This way the number of people viewing it are spaced out over an hour or two.

Thanks Brad! Is there a scan of the ad somewhere? And some of the links to pictures of the products are linking to the wrong image. FYI.

I think Wal-Mart is still keeping some of their big deals secret, the ad does say to check the site on T-day for more specials.

i wouldn't even bother if it was a good ad (which its not)...they just laid off 100 people at my nearest one and i have heard they have like maybe 5 registers going on the weekends and the lines are obnoxious.....so avoid the bloomington IL one if you like the ad

I am THRILLED with the Walmart ad!! (do I have your attention now?) All I can say is now I have one less place to go on BF! I was pretty much thinking I wasn't going to Walmart anyway but after seeing that absolute JOKE of an ad the only reason I'd go to Walmart on BF is if I need a potty break - because I bet it won't be very crowded!

Come on guys....lets not get to upset yet. I think they will surprise us come thanksgiving day. I think their hiding some stuff. Hopefully...

They're going to have to do better than this crap. So far they've achieved the following:

1. Bullying the websites that help them.

2. Presuming they're better served if we're less informed.

Wow. Make me want to rush right out to Wally. Especially after their total screw up on the HD-DVD special, where they had no HD-DVDs or any of the other crap except a palette of laptops larger than a friggin car.

One thing to remember is that Wal-Mart very rarely has "sales" to begin with. Even during the rest of the year, their weekly circulars mostly have "everyday low price" type items and occasional "special buys".

The early bird items in the BF ad are the true "sale" items and are mostly below regular prices. The non-early birds are in many cases just regular prices like WM's normal ads. Same thing happened at least the last 2 years with their BF, so it's not a new thing from them.

Man... that's terrible! No wonder they didn't want their ad leaked early... their cheapest computer is TWICE the price of the cheap one at BB. There are only a couple small things that I would be interested in going to get, but nothing that would make me stand in line for any amount of time.