When do you start decorating for Christmas?

jarerice

I actually wanted to start putting stuff up a few days ago...that feeling passed quickly though lol

I used to do it on BF, but that was before I went out and shopped that day! Now that I shop BF, I usually put the tree up shortly before BF, or sometimes that Saturday

I'm actually thinking of putting up my outdoor Christmas lights this weekend before it gets ice cold. ( Of course it is set to snow tonight LOL) I will not turn them on until after Thanksgiving. The first year we moved here, my DH was deployed and my parents came up for a visit. my WONDERFUL dad helped me do up the front of my house in lights. Mind you, it was about 15 below and that was NOT with the wind chill factor. I learned my lesson that year!! I always try to get them done ahead of time now so that I don't go through that ever again LOL!!!:eyepoppin

Last year, I started Thanksgiving evening. We live away from relatives, so it's always just us. My dh has worked the last couple Thanksgivings for triple time, so the kids and I started out decorating on BF, but moved it up last year. This year, probably BF. We'll see how anxious we get on Thanksgiving day. ;)

I have pretty much waited as long as I can, and we got everything out and dusted it off, checked lights, and so on last weekend. So, this weekend, everything's going up. I had planned to wait another week, but I've already waited a week longer than I usually do, so it's fair game now.lol

W/e after Thanksgiving. I think me personally that it is a bad omen for me if I put them up b4. I am so into Xmas though that I keep putting up more decorations thru the month of Dec.

My wife says I'm nuts about it:D. Last year I was still putting some up on Xmas eve! I love this time of year.

My daughter is 9, so I think this will be the last year for Santa:no: I can keep the secret only so long...every time she asks if he is real, I answer a ? with a ?, and ask her if she can still hear the bells ring (Polar Express).

Sorry so long, but I looooooooooooooovve this time of year!!!!!:D

I cant wait to start decorating! Usually we have our tree up by Thanksgiving. Im not sure if we are going to do it this year or not because DH is working alot. He does the lights on the tree because he puts 2500 lights on it and I wont do it! Too much work. He calls it pretty, I call it a fire hazard. lol! I have been itching to get my new Christmas decorations out though!

YIPPEEE!! I got my tree(s) finished tonight!!!! They look great!--I figure if the store can do it, then so can I...I have a big tree in our living room and nativity scenes, nutscracker, snowmen, and of course Santas all over the place. I have a skinny, but tall tree in my DH's bedroom and it is decorated all girly and my son has a cheap-o tree decorated...after it was decorated, it looked really good..Before kids, I started the day after Thanksgiving. Now, I know all about BF, so I reserve that day to shop. Also, I've learned that by decorating early, I can bribe/threatened the kids into behaving better between no and Christmas.

Guest Macrossmaster
God I love you people! I feel less than crazy for wanting to drag it all out tomorrow! Wife keeps laughing at me but says its OK for me to go hog wild any time. I secretly watch Christmas specials when she's at work already, LOL!

As much as I love to decorate, I just can't seem to find the time anymore. Between being a single mom, work and 2 teenagers and their activites, I barely have time to cook anymore.

I didn't even decorate for Halloween this year.

Just put out my turkey flag this morning.

Every year I swear I'm gonna get more organized. I bought one of those big blowup things for the year and I HAVE to put that out this year. I really wish I could hire someone to decorate my yard for me.

I put my outside lights in time for Thanksgiviving. then, as night comes, I put them on. It reminds me how the Christmas season is starting. After that, I don't put them back on til Dec. 1. My indoor decorating doesn't start till till I get the tree.

I usually put my stuff up Thansgiving weekend. I did put my light up outside last weekend. I went out and put the rest of my stuff outside today since it was in the 60`s today. Last day for nice weather for a few months. :( I have to wait to do my tree and inside decorations until next week though since I will have my cousin`s 1 year old all weekend. LOL. We will let him see(tear up) her tree first and see how he does before I do mine. LOL.

DH did all the outside decorating today before I got home from work.... looks great! It's a day early, but he has to work from tomorrow through Sunday and it was 70 degrees here today, going to be only 40 tomorrow and dropping from there over the weekend so I think it was a good idea to go ahead..... scared me though when I found out he took DGD3 up on the roof with him..... he tied a rope around her and also around the chimney, but still... she's THREE.... then again she probably wouldn't let Papaw go without her... lol

Inside I have put the tree together and all 3 DS will decorate it while I am out shopping Friday morning... well my niece is babysitting and will probably let them sleep till noon so they will do it Friday afternoon.... lol.... then I will do the rest of the house over the weekend...