When do you start decorating for Christmas?

jarerice

since I was little we always did it on my birthday (Dec. 1).. tradition has stuck with me and even though my dh thinks I'm nuts (he has a hard time with the holidays) I still do it. Of course, I always take inventory of what I have and what I want that I still need right after Halloween.. I love that time of the year!

Normally, we put up decorations on Thanksgiving, but I think we are going to start decorating a week earlier this year. The last couple of years, we didn't feel like decorating on Thanksgiving, then we were so busy we didn't have the time to devote to it. So decorations didn't get put up at all.

We usually start the day after Thanksgiving, but this year we may start the weekend before.

We've got a LOT of stuff we use to decorate inside and outside, so it takes about a week to get it all done.

We try to have them up the first week of December. The outdoor lights we get out in October. The yard decorations go up in December though.

This year we're going to have a little more than last year though. Not having to deal with my dads passing will make the holidays a lot nicer than last year!

Bring it on!

-Mike

We use to do it the second weekend in Dec. but last year was the first year that DH decided he was not celebrating Christmas anymore and I was in such a depressed state over the fact that I did not decorate our home. I spent Christmas Eve and Day at my moms and inlaws and they both decorated. I am not sure what to do this year. I feel so bad for DD4 because she will have no memories of her dad and Christmas like our older children do.

We start string up the outside lights a weekend or two before Thanksgiving, depending on the weather but do not turn them on until Thanksgiving weekend. Sometime in Nov my daughter will start asking to put up her Christmas tree. She has a small 2 1/2 foor tree for her bedroom. That is normally up and decorated before thanksgiving. I will start the rest of the decorating right after Thanksigiving dinner and the Saturday after. If we get back from shopping early enough on BF then we will decorate that day too.

DH and I made our own little tradition our first Christmas, we always put the tree up the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I am so happy all the holiday and BF threads have started! I love talking about it and reading about it!!:)

Anytime after my DD bday. Her bday is Nov. 10th and I want her to have the house decorated for her day, not Christmas. I have a dec. bday and I used to hate getting bday things in Christmas paper, or Christmas things for my bday. So after her party on the 11th, its fair game to decorate for Christmas.