When is the best time to buy

AMYpw

I am getting money for Christmas. I'm picky and thought hey .... I might as well take advantage of the sales after christmas and get what I want. So when is the best time / month to buy after christmas for clothes etc?

Is January the time when most stores have given up on selling all the stuff that didn't sell at Christmas they thought that would? Or is it really sparadic (hmmm I'm sure that's not how you spell that word LOL) depending on each store?

Cindy, I did something similiar at a retail Eddie Bauer store last September.

We got some amazing deals on summer clearance clothes. One of my favorites was an Eddie Bauer windbreaker jacket for $9.99 (retail $39.99). Next year I have to remember to visit Eddie Bauer around September, if they're still in business.

Oh I love shopping after Christmas, you can find some amazing deals! I'm just usually low on funds by then! I always say next year I'm going to put a little more aside and go shopping after the Holidays. I still go and get nice stuff but not as much as I would like!! LOL

What is double sales?

Hi Amy,

No stores have "double sales" it's more like a term. Let's say Payless shoes has a sale 25% off, but you also have a 10% off coupon ... that would be considered a "double sale".

Store sale price + coupon = double sale.

Hope that helps.

Guest DigDoug
Ehhh..... I wish I knew when all the good deals were happening. I stopped in Value City for my first time ever. Generally, it seems to be a store full of crap. I did get a nice Nike winter coat for $24. Regular price - $100. I thought that was a good deal.