How's your progress? Shopping? Wrapping? Baking?

bluebear

So, we're about a week out from Christmas. How is everyone doing getting ready? Is your shopping done? Everything all wrapped and under the tree? What about cooking/baking/candy making?

I think I purchased my last gifts last night. I felt comfortable waiting because I was getting them from Amazon, and they have been very reliable with their shipping service. But one of the orders with 2 items shipped USPS instead of Amazon, so I'm holding my breath on those. But it won't be disastrous if they don't make it. I'm also waiting for about 5 other packages, but only a couple are gifts, and clothes at that, so it won't be a big deal if they don't arrive. I do have one order that hasn't shipped at all yet, but I knew that was risky when I ordered, so I'm crossing my fingers for that.

I have everything wrapped that goes under my tree for opening at home. My daughter's are wrapped and in a pile in the "wrapping room", and I'll wrap my grandson's tonight. I'm afraid if those get under the tree I'll miss one and forget to take it when I visit next week.

I haven't started any baking yet. I think I have all the ingredients, so I'll need to start the buckeyes this weekend, then cookies later in the week.

Overall I feel like I'm in a good spot and about ready!

• Like 3

LOL! I am glad you asked today and not yesterday! I got all the wrapping finished yesterday. I have one more box to ship tomorrow and that's about it. Not doing much baking this year, but will probably do it tomorrow. Right now I am focusing on Christmas dinner and am making my list for the final run to the grocery store. I am thinking to hit Kroger either Tuesday or Wednesday next week. Otherwise, mom and I are watching Christmas shows on TV and, when I can drag her to the car, mom and I go out to look at holiday decorations.
  • Like 3

My sister came over last weekend to help me wrap, so I'm almost done.  I was waiting on a couple things, but they came in this week, so I will wrap the last little bit this weekend.  The cookies and candies are done, and the plates have been delivered (as far as I know).  I did decide to order 1 more last minute(ish) gift last night from Amazon, but it should be delivered tomorrow.  We are in the home stretch!

• Like 3

One gift card still to buy and then all done. Everything is wrapped and under the tree until I leave for my parents house Christmas night after my shift is done.  No baking here unless I decide to take something to work but that is technically against hospital policy these days so not sure what I’m going to do for food Christmas Eve.  I rarely at my house on Eve.....

• Like 1

shopping is pretty much done.. several packages still to come. and received a smashed TV.. but contacted walmart and they will give me a comparable tv at the price i paid for the one the shipping company clearly destroyed. .. anyhow it would not be here by christmas.. sooo.. i am wrapping  this one. will he go nuts when we pretend to fall with it and he opens it and its smashed? but as for the rest .. shopping close to done... wrapping .. i am keeping up with incoming packages. but have a stack not wrapped and not touched waiting ... as for baking i have baked more cookies in the last few weeks then in my whole life ,i think baking is done. i even started making cocoa bombs.. and now have some friends that want some .. so i guess im not done with that lol.. i have wrapped about 140 gifts so far ..

• Like 3

shopping is pretty much done.. several packages still to come. and received a smashed TV.. but contacted walmart and they will give me a comparable tv at the price i paid for the one the shipping company clearly destroyed. .. anyhow it would not be here by christmas.. sooo.. i am wrapping  this one. will he go nuts when we pretend to fall with it and he opens it and its smashed? but as for the rest .. shopping close to done... wrapping .. i am keeping up with incoming packages. but have a stack not wrapped and not touched waiting ... as for baking i have baked more cookies in the last few weeks then in my whole life ,i think baking is done. i even started making cocoa bombs.. and now have some friends that want some .. so i guess im not done with that lol.. i have wrapped about 140 gifts so far ..

Holy cow! I am exhausted just reading this! I think you need to put a little "somethin' something'" in those cocoa bombs as a pick me up!

• Like 3

Well, I should be up baking coconut cakes I am gifting to two aunt's, but here I am still in bed [emoji3061]... I could also be up wrapping gifts, organizing my living room (where said unwrapped gifts are), but again, the bed is holding me hostage ( in my defense, I worked job #2 last night and earned this [emoji23][emoji23])... I still need a couple of store gift cards, but shopping is all done as of yesterday...now if I could just get up out this bed [emoji2960][emoji2960] Edited by tracy0504
  • Like 4

I am mostly done shopping - I need some more gift cards that I will hopefully pick up today at lunch and get in the mail. If those are late, it's not a big deal. I need to also get stamps while I'm out so I can mail out Christmas cards. They are a little late this year, but at least they are going out.  We do photo cards or I just probably wouldn't bother at this point. lol   I am waiting on one gift to arrive via USPS, I have no idea where it even is.  DH's trail cams are arriving today (thank you, Amazon), and that's pretty much it. 

I have everything else wrapped and under the tree.  I have baked cookies off and on, and a ton of bread that DS9 keeps eating.  I've given up on having treats to give away; at this point I hope I have cookies left for Santa.  He might get beer and pizza this year.  :sidesplit

I have not even started shopping for Christmas dinner food. I will hopefully squeeze that in on Wednesday.  I don't even know what we are going to eat - no menu plan whatsoever yet.  I will see what's left - could be interesting lol

• Like 4

I have baked cookies off and on, and a ton of bread that DS9 keeps eating. I've given up on having treats to give away; at this point I hope I have cookies left for Santa.

And THIS is why I haven't started cookie baking, and why I always wait until a couple days before Christmas before I start.

I do plan to start candy today. Buttermints and marshmallows, and buckeyes might get started too if I'm super motivated.

• Like 2

I am mostly done shopping - I need some more gift cards that I will hopefully pick up today at lunch and get in the mail. If those are late, it's not a big deal. I need to also get stamps while I'm out so I can mail out Christmas cards. They are a little late this year, but at least they are going out.  We do photo cards or I just probably wouldn't bother at this point. lol   I am waiting on one gift to arrive via USPS, I have no idea where it even is.  DH's trail cams are arriving today (thank you, Amazon), and that's pretty much it. 

I have everything else wrapped and under the tree.  I have baked cookies off and on, and a ton of bread that DS9 keeps eating.  I've given up on having treats to give away; at this point I hope I have cookies left for Santa.  He might get beer and pizza this year.  :sidesplit

I have not even started shopping for Christmas dinner food. I will hopefully squeeze that in on Wednesday.  I don't even know what we are going to eat - no menu plan whatsoever yet.  I will see what's left - could be interesting lol

Hopefully Santa doesn't feed the reindeer pizza and beer. :)

Could be a smelly and weird trip.

• Like 3

Hopefully Santa doesn't feed the reindeer pizza and beer. :)

Could be a smelly and weird trip.

Bwaaaahhaaahaaahaaa! Like it wasn't already a smelly trip with an old man drinking all that milk cocoa!

But with an offer of beer and pizza, I'm sure there will be plenty of Santa's helpers volunteering!

• Like 3

All my gifts are purchased, delivered, and wrapped, including one that wasn't expected until January! That one arrived today (even though initial tracking said tomorrow), and just in time because I'm heading down to see my daughter and grandson tomorrow! So that was pretty exciting, especially since I had a hard time finding the item in stock.

Marshmallows and butter mints are made. Buckeyes are not. Daughter will have to get hers after new years.

• Like 2

All my gifts were purchased but not delivered. Monogram Hub, Macys, and Nordstrom Rack all placed by Dec 5 and still not delivered. 2 has not even shipped. Now I am scrambling paying full price for stuff.......Makes you want to say a few choice words but that is not me.....Off to the stores again

• Like 1

All my gifts were purchased but not delivered. Monogram Hub, Macys, and Nordstrom Rack all placed by Dec 5 and still not delivered. 2 has not even shipped. Now I am scrambling paying full price for stuff.......Makes you want to say a few choice words but that is not me.....Off to the stores again

Bless your heart - that is just WRONG!

All my gifts were purchased but not delivered. Monogram Hub, Macys, and Nordstrom Rack all placed by Dec 5 and still not delivered.

Hang in there. My Macy's order arrived yesterday. They are coming.

You could always wrap a gift with the picture or a copy or the order slip inside. People should be understanding that things are arriving slow due to the virus.

(You can always remind them that, in the church, Christmas lasts 12 days and that you have until Epiphany, Jan 6th, to share your gifts.)

• Like 1