Secret Santa 2020 Official Discussion Thread

Bopeep

There was a package from Amazon waiting for me at my front door today! My first thought as I picked it up was...."I wonder which book this is?" Because I haven't ordered any books for myself in 3 or 4 weeks. (I order used books all the time.)

And so I opened it. It is a copy of "The New Jim Crow" and it's from my Secret Santa! Oh boy oh boy! Thank you so much. That is actually a book I have been meaning to read.

I am so glad that you choose the option of sending me a book that is special/important to you. I am looking forward to reading it. HOWEVER, Secret Santa, you owe me one more thing! When Bopeep reveals who you are, I would love to know why this book is special/important to you. Book referrals are always more meaningful when you know the story behind them! ;)

Thank you again!

Edited by Reinholt1
  • Like 4

I got my ornament today, and I adore it!  Thank you so much!

6E25ZVsm.jpg

My sister was at my house yesterday and saw the ornament on my tree (I did not point it out, she just zeroed right in on it) and squealed "OMG, that is perfect!".  So, my OE person, I just wanted to reiterate that you nailed it! :)

• Like 3

Thank you so much secret Santa for my gifts! You absolutely made my day. The snow globe and card are gorgeous and I can’t wait to read the book. Stephanie Plum novels are my favorite. As soon as I finish my laundry I’m going to settle down with a hot cup of tea and start reading. Thank you

post-210283-0-85197000-1608147761_thumb.jpeg

• Like 6

Double surprise! The Amazon truck pulled up today and dropped off a small box. What to my surprise, there was another book! And from my Secret Santa! What a surprise! (I could easily get used to this....having Amazon bring me a new book every few days! You are spoiling me Secret Santa!)

Anyway, this new book is a novel called "The Lying Life of Adults". I am not at all familiar with this book or author but it looks very interesting. I hope you will take the time to tell me about this book choice next weekend!

Thank you again Secret Santa! You out did yourself with 2 books! I am a very happy camper!

• Like 3

Thank you so much secret Santa for my gifts! You absolutely made my day. The snow globe and card are gorgeous and I can’t wait to read the book. Stephanie Plum novels are my favorite. As soon as I finish my laundry I’m going to settle down with a hot cup of tea and start reading. Thank you

I love Stephanie Plum and Grandma!!!  LOL    I'm so far behind though.

• Like 1

Hey Bopeep! You haven't mentioned anything further about the two "lost" secret santas. Did you reach them? I am assuming you must have by this late date....Is everyone on track this year?

One did get back to me, and her SS gifts have been posted as received.  The other one was on the ornament side and has been covered.  

Everything else seems to be on track.  I have 1 SS recipient that hasn't posted. I can't track the package because it was shipped via Amazon.  I think that recipient is just really busy and hasn't been on here much.  I have 3 ornaments that haven't posted. 1 was just delivered Friday, so I'm sure she will update us all soon.  1 is the same as the SS recipient. And 1 was delivered via Amazon, so I'm not entirely sure.

I have the lists ready to copy and post.  I will probably do that Thursday :).

• Like 4

OMG, Y'all, It's Christmas Eve!!! All us Santa's are going to be very busy this evening and tomorrow, so I want to take the opportunity right now to say MERRY CHRISTMAS!  

Thank you all for another fun and wonderful season!  This is my favorite time of the year, and all of you are a big reason for that.

There were a couple people not let us know they received their packages, so I'm just really hoping everyone did.  The tracking for the ones I can see show delivered, but there's always that chance of things walking off the porch :(.  I really hope no one experienced that this year.

And, NOW, the moment you've all waited for, The Big Reveal...

Secret Santa:

Reinholt1sMom à Coastiwife

Reinholt1 à tyreejames

Kash à gatorburg

HanShotFirst à BoPeep

Stevierocks àReinholt1smom

Hillbillyswife à tracy0504

BoPeep à Pepper_Mint_Tea

Sunni0913 à HanShotFirst

Illinoismom à BFAddict716

Gatorburg à msyves

Wittenlover à ytmomof4

tracy0504 à colemandawn4905

BFAddict716 à hillbillyswife

Jesusluvuà ilikefree

Pepper_Mint_Tea à illinoismom

Ytmomof4 à jendeere

Ilikefree à Jesuluvu

tyreejames à Kash

colemandawn4905 à racerfan

racerfan à reinholt1

Willandmel à stevierocks

Msyves à Sunni0913

Coastiwife à willandmel

Jendeere à wittenlover

Ornaments:

Hillbillyswife à Bethed

BFAddict716 à Sunni0913

Sunni0913 à Coastiwife

Willandmel à hillbillyswife

Coastiwife à willandmel

Jesusluvu à BoPeep

Racerfan à BFAddict716

Bethed à colemandawn4905

colemandawn4905 à Jesusluvu

BoPeep à racerfan

Thank you all, and again, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Edited by Bopeep
  • Like 6

HanShotFirst and Jesusluvu, Thank you both so so much!  It's like you know me  :).  Honestly, I could not have done better if I'd picked out my gifts and ornament myself.  God bless you both, you made my season that much brighter!

• Like 4

Awww! It was you Racerfan! Thank you so much for the books! Now tell me please, are these books favorites of yours, or are they good books you read this year that you wish others would read or .. ???? I'd love to know why you chose what you did. :)

And before I forget, thanks again for co-ordinating everything Bopeep! You are awesome! [[[bopeep]]]

Oops I forgot...no hugs due to social distancing! Sorry about that! At least I have a mask on though!

Edited by Reinholt1
  • Like 2

Oh my goodness! Opened my SS gift this morning and found the most amazing pile of (now “vintage”) Bubba Wallace gear, along with some yummy York peppermint patties and Reese’s trees! I love it all! (And Bubba will absolutely get a kick out of hearing my SS hooked me up when next I get to talk to him!) Well done, Jendeere! Thank you!!! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Here’s a picture of Bubba and I when last we got to chat in person (last fall - holy cow!)

68784c454e073e68d61edea387a635f0.jpg

Here’s before I unwrapped

4458621a9a3fa5309b33a343023e2c64.jpg

Annnnd after

c4e254e3051d355d393e82ebc77d1646.jpg

Mew is now trying the shirt on for size... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

4fc37cc8217592c1226b36cc588e9e5d.jpg

And many thanks to our most awesome Chief Elf Bopeep for again running our wonderful exchanges this year. You are loved and appreciated!

Merry Christmas, all! [emoji16][emoji106][emoji319][emoji318][emoji320]

• Like 6

Many thanks to my SS, Reinholt1! Of course I loved the nerds and I cannot wait to try out the markers for my Cricut. I have yet to use the writing feature so I especially appreciate this gift

Will try the exploding kittens game with the teen children [emoji38]

You are very welcome! I am surprised, but glad to have gotten something new for your cricut. I know nothing about cricut, but I do craft and I know that good markers are always welcome when crafting. :)

The card game is supposed to be the number 1 covid 19 family card game hit of the year. I hope you and your kids enjoy it.

Merry Christmas!

Edited by Reinholt1
  • Like 2

Thank you SS!! What an amazing gift!!! Favorite snacks, warm socks and gloves. The cardinal has a special meaning for my family so it was perfect!!! Thank you again

Thank you SS!! What an amazing gift!!! Favorite snacks, warm socks and gloves. The cardinal has a special meaning for my family so it was perfect!!! Thank you again!!!post-69198-0-91834200-1609012549_thumb.jpg

Thank you OE!!! I figured out how to post pictures so here is the post of the great stuff you gave me!! Snowman and candy love it Thank you again

post-69198-0-53056200-1609012800_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Just want to send out another thank you to Stevierocks, mom's Secret Santa this year.

While all the goodies you sent have long been eaten, (and enjoyed), now that the end of the year is approaching, mom has turned her attention to the kitten calendar you sent. She has decided that she wants it in her bedroom so she can see a cute kitten when she wakes up each day. (Mom has been wearing Christmas clothes all month so the shirt you sent will not be on her radar until the holidays are over.)

Thank you again for your kind and thoughtful gifts. Mom has been very happy with everything!

• Like 5

Thanks for everything SS I would show pics off but they are to big to attach. The lighthouse light is lovely looking at night.

Upload them to a web hosting site.

I use imgbb.com to host my photos.

Go to their site, click on upload from your device. Select your photo, click Done. You can add additional photos the same way.

Once all photos are loaded, click on each photo one at a time to edit. I set the top number to 450 and allow the bottom number to automatically adjust. Click on Submit. Once you edit each photo, click Upload. When your photos are ready, copy the BBCode for full linked, then paste that code in a reply box or a new post here.

Once posted, remove anything that says

[url=http://imgbb.com]
or

[/url]
or anything similar. Leave the code which says

[img=photo code text.jpg]
or similar.

Hit preview post to see if it worked. Once happy with it, hit reply.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1