Black Friday Ads from the Past: Dates, Lists & Scans

Brad

Here are the dates (according to our records) when various ads were posted during the past 14 years:

https://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/Dates

And here are links to text lists of the items in the ads (at least the ones in our database) dating back to 2003:

2003 - 2004 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007 - 2008 - 2009 - 2010 - 2011

2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 - 2016 - 2017 - 2018 - 2019 - 2020

And don't forget, you can also browse over 1,000 historical Black Friday ads going back to 2004 at https://www.blackfridayarchive.com

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Will there even be a BF ad or will it just be weekly discounts that we will need to follow? 

We don't really know. Each store will do their own thing. Some will just have a normal weekly sale that week. Others might try some kind of shorter 3-5 day BF sale where they can call it a true BF sale but it spreads things out over multiple days. Some might have an online-only 1- or 2-day sale.

The issue will be if any of these longer sales have really hot doorbusters, they're still going to draw big crowds when the store opens on the first day of the sale as people don't want the deals to sell out before they get there, so if stores are serious about trying to avoid massive crowds, they really can't offer the kind of deals (at least not in stores, online is fine) that traditionally draw those types of crowds.

So basically say you're Target, you can't say you're concerned about having big crowds but then have a $99 50" 4K TV in your week-long BF sale and not expect people to line up the night before the first day of the sale. The whole thing is going to be very interesting.

We don't really know. Each store will do their own thing. Some will just have a normal weekly sale that week. Others might try some kind of shorter 3-5 day BF sale where they can call it a true BF sale but it spreads things out over multiple days. Some might have an online-only 1- or 2-day sale.

The issue will be if any of these longer sales have really hot doorbusters, they're still going to draw big crowds when the store opens on the first day of the sale as people don't want the deals to sell out before they get there, so if stores are serious about trying to avoid massive crowds, they really can't offer the kind of deals (at least not in stores, online is fine) that traditionally draw those types of crowds.

So basically say you're Target, you can't say you're concerned about having big crowds but then have a $99 50" 4K TV in your week-long BF sale and not expect people to line up the night before the first day of the sale. The whole thing is going to be very interesting.

Okay Brad.....Dont tease me...was that a hint about Target or just an example....That put a smile on my face either way this morning. I am game either way and that is way I love Gotadeal regardless of what they throw at us we will find a way to get that DEAL

Edited by jesusluvu
  • Like 1

Okay Brad.....Dont tease me...was that a hint about Target or just an example....That put a smile on my face either way this morning. I am game either way and that is way I love Gotadeal regardless of what they throw at us we will find a way to get that DEAL

No, just an example :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...