Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Black Friday Ads from the Past: Dates, Lists & Scans

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,796 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Aug 24, 2020 - 9:23 am

Here are the dates (according to our records) when various ads were posted during the past 14 years:

https://blackfriday....adeal.com/Dates

And here are links to text lists of the items in the ads (at least the ones in our database) dating back to 2003:

2003 - 2004 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007 - 2008 - 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 - 2016 - 2017 - 2018 - 2019

And don't forget, you can also browse over 1,000 historical Black Friday ads going back to 2004 at https://www.blackfridayarchive.com

#2 Ravenseye  OFFLINE  

Ravenseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 25, 2020 - 4:23 am

Ah yes. I bet this year will be quite different. I am hopeful that we can make it through with a minimal of fuss and have a great holiday season!

Merry ChrismaHanukwanzikayule Everyone! (I know it's early, but it's the best time of year, and it should last well beyond when it's fashionable!)

#3 connieh  OFFLINE  

connieh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 10, 2020 - 5:41 pm

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out this shopping season.  

#4 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 14, 2020 - 4:31 am

Will there even be a BF ad or will it just be weekly discounts that we will need to follow? 

#5 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,796 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 14, 2020 - 4:59 am

Will there even be a BF ad or will it just be weekly discounts that we will need to follow? 

We don't really know. Each store will do their own thing. Some will just have a normal weekly sale that week. Others might try some kind of shorter 3-5 day BF sale where they can call it a true BF sale but it spreads things out over multiple days. Some might have an online-only 1- or 2-day sale.

The issue will be if any of these longer sales have really hot doorbusters, they're still going to draw big crowds when the store opens on the first day of the sale as people don't want the deals to sell out before they get there, so if stores are serious about trying to avoid massive crowds, they really can't offer the kind of deals (at least not in stores, online is fine) that traditionally draw those types of crowds.

So basically say you're Target, you can't say you're concerned about having big crowds but then have a $99 50" 4K TV in your week-long BF sale and not expect people to line up the night before the first day of the sale. The whole thing is going to be very interesting.

#6 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,887 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 14, 2020 - 5:00 am

I think you'll just see sales throughout the weeks. I think there MAY be some ad's but they will be more just hey these things are on sale (not true BF sales).

#7 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 1,714 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 15, 2020 - 7:42 am

We don't really know. Each store will do their own thing. Some will just have a normal weekly sale that week. Others might try some kind of shorter 3-5 day BF sale where they can call it a true BF sale but it spreads things out over multiple days. Some might have an online-only 1- or 2-day sale.

The issue will be if any of these longer sales have really hot doorbusters, they're still going to draw big crowds when the store opens on the first day of the sale as people don't want the deals to sell out before they get there, so if stores are serious about trying to avoid massive crowds, they really can't offer the kind of deals (at least not in stores, online is fine) that traditionally draw those types of crowds.

So basically say you're Target, you can't say you're concerned about having big crowds but then have a $99 50" 4K TV in your week-long BF sale and not expect people to line up the night before the first day of the sale. The whole thing is going to be very interesting.

Okay Brad.....Dont tease me...was that a hint about Target or just an example....That put a smile on my face either way this morning. I am game either way and that is way I love Gotadeal regardless of what they throw at us we will find a way to get that DEAL

Edited by jesusluvu, Sep 15, 2020 - 7:43 am.

#8 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,796 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 15, 2020 - 8:02 am

Okay Brad.....Dont tease me...was that a hint about Target or just an example....That put a smile on my face either way this morning. I am game either way and that is way I love Gotadeal regardless of what they throw at us we will find a way to get that DEAL

No, just an example :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users