How & When do you wrap your gifts?

magickallight

I wanted to do this but my DW said it took the fun out of it for the kids....... Maybe in a few years when there older I can get away with it 

I agree with your DW when it comes to kids.  I started using these bags a few years ago, and they're AWESOME. But I still wrap the kid's gifts in paper.  The fun is in tearing off the paper :).

• Like 1

I don't buy much before Black Friday, except usually very small souvenir items that I find while traveling.  I just hide those away.   I have a couple of hiding spots, but limited in size, and never sure that my wife won't see those areas, so some items I might wrap as a way of concealing their contents if they are for wife or daughter.  Then I can continue to keep them hidden or put them in plain sight.  Other than that, I do most of my wrapping in the week before Christmas right up to late Christmas eve.  My wife and daughter tend to wrap late as well. 

• Like 1

When growing up my dad was only responsible for wrapping his presents to my mom. He would always do it on Christmas Eve and it would take him forever. My mom would always tease him about being such a terrible present wrapper, but now that I’m older I suspect he intentionally went slow so he could have some peace and quiet away from his in laws [emoji23]
  • Like 4

When growing up my dad was only responsible for wrapping his presents to my mom. He would always do it on Christmas Eve and it would take him forever. My mom would always tease him about being such a terrible present wrapper, but now that I’m older I suspect he intentionally went slow so he could have some peace and quiet away from his in laws [emoji23]

LOL!  That's great.  

My Dad, bless his soul, is terrible at it as well.  I remember one year, neither my sister nor myself was around much before Christmas due to life, and when we arrived home for the holiday there was a Walmart sack under the tree...….compliments of my Dad, to my Mom.  He was so proud of himself though for shopping for the gift himself.  :)  

• Like 4

every year i plan to start early.. and every year... it does not happen. lol  not sure why and this year i had plenty of opportunity as i was home after a surgery and major burn for several months. but when i tried to start i ended up wrapping for a birthday instead. 

• Like 1

every year i plan to start early.. and every year... it does not happen. lol  not sure why and this year i had plenty of opportunity as i was home after a surgery and major burn for several months. but when i tried to start i ended up wrapping for a birthday instead. 

I am so sorry to hear about your surgery and burn! I hope all is well now. :::HUGS::: :gdgetwell:

Started my wrapping today - not through with the 1st grandkid yet and my back is telling me to stop! :(  I also found a TON of supplies that I am needing to go get ... hope the stores are ready for me ;)

I have an organizer for my Christmas supplies.  It is red & green, long and has all kinds of pockets on the inside.  Zips up too.  I keep all my paper, tape, some boxes, tags, etc in it.  So when i'm ready to wrap, i just bring it downstairs and leave it in my room til I'm done wrapping.  I go after Christmas and stock up on paper, bags  etc so I'm all ready now, except I have not bought anything!  :o

I usually wrap the some gifts the weekend of Thanksgiving after all the shopping.  We buy a tree that weekend and my hubby can't stand to have the tree and not presents under it.  Then I wait until Sunday afternoons to finish up or whenever I can find time to wrap my son's gifts when he's not around!!

• Like 1

I usually wrap when I get stuff but I havnt started wrapping yet this year. I have only bought a couple small gifts. I’m trying not to go overboard this year. My daughter’s big gift is a surprise trip to Disney world the week before thanksgiving. I decided to go then that way it’s already decorated for Christmas and the Christmas party is going on. But I also hope it will be less crowded.
  • Like 2

i actually wrapped 7 gifts today . so hopefully i keep at it . if i do 6 a day from now till christmas  ,i should be ok. )

well so much for that idea. LOL!!!

i dont think i wrapped since i wrote that.

so tomorrow, aside from going to funeral home with my friend, . ( i am very comfortable with doing it, and she didn't want to go through it alone )and taking her to lunch/coffee ...i will be home all day. so i plan to get at LEAST 15 -30 done. plus a few birthday ones. as long as things go as planned. if not .. well then i am sure ill catch up at some point.  i also have to pick up at JCP , kohls, and have a few items to go buy at O.S.job lot.( the crazy deals) .. ugg after writing this all.. i am thinking i wont get as much done.. but... i will at least have gotten stuff done .

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A little over 3 weeks away... How is everyone doing on their wrapping?

Um.... I have everything piled up on the guest bed... nothing wrapped...

Hopefully tonight or tomorrow I'll get the table put up in the wrapping room, and then get the wrapping paper out and I can start soon.

• Like 1

Um.... I have everything piled up on the guest bed... nothing wrapped...

Hopefully tonight or tomorrow I'll get the table put up in the wrapping room, and then get the wrapping paper out and I can start soon.

LOL! My guest bed is a complete disaster from all the goodies that have been delivered from early BF shopping. Some are gifts and some are mine. I’ll straighten it all out later this week when I’m off for my weekend.

• Like 3

A little over 3 weeks away... How is everyone doing on their wrapping?

I have not started smh lol...fingers crossed I can start this weekend. I’m having a hard time finding black, white/silver and red wrapping paper...when buffalo plaid wasn’t so popular a couple of years ago, it wasn’t so hard lol

• Like 1

I usually wait until DH is out of the house and then I wrap them.  We don't have a lot of people to buy for, though, so it helps.  DH, DD, SIL and now a new granddaughter.  We bought DD and SIL a rocking chair they wanted (and delivered it when the baby was born in November) so less for them as well.

• Like 1

I wrapped 21 presents today. That's everything except 1 for my 2 boys, and what I have already for my husband.

What's left is my daughter and grandson (about 20), and then my parents and sister and her family of 5. So about another 20.

Progress though!

• Like 2

Checking in to see how everyone is doing with their wrapping. I am still waiting on a few things but almost all is ready. Having to break the gift openings into 3 sections (4 people each time) - as there is TOO much with just 4 people's gifts under the tree for anyone to sit down! I have GOT TO GET A HANDLE on the amount of gifts I give! ;)

• Like 2