Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

How & When do you wrap your gifts?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 17, 2019 - 5:23 am

Those bags are SUPER Cute!  If anyone wants to see them here is the direct link on QVC: Kringle Express 52-piece Drawstring Gift Bag Set with Gift Tags

h220223.001?$aemprodgallery$

I wanted to do this but my DW said it took the fun out of it for the kids....... Maybe in a few years when there older I can get away with it 

#32 magickallight  ONLINE  

magickallight

• 55,384 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 17, 2019 - 5:31 am

1 grand-kid knocked out and 1/2 through with the next one. Only 9 more people to go...  :holiday02

“The more I know about people, the more I love my dog.” ~ Mark Twain.

#33 Bopeep  ONLINE  

Bopeep

• 1,503 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 17, 2019 - 7:56 am

I wanted to do this but my DW said it took the fun out of it for the kids....... Maybe in a few years when there older I can get away with it 

I agree with your DW when it comes to kids.  I started using these bags a few years ago, and they're AWESOME. But I still wrap the kid's gifts in paper.  The fun is in tearing off the paper :).

#34 mcwalker  OFFLINE  

mcwalker

City Planner & Bargain Shopper!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 17, 2019 - 8:28 am

I don't buy much before Black Friday, except usually very small souvenir items that I find while traveling.  I just hide those away.   I have a couple of hiding spots, but limited in size, and never sure that my wife won't see those areas, so some items I might wrap as a way of concealing their contents if they are for wife or daughter.  Then I can continue to keep them hidden or put them in plain sight.  Other than that, I do most of my wrapping in the week before Christmas right up to late Christmas eve.  My wife and daughter tend to wrap late as well. 

#35 budgetsRsexy  OFFLINE  

budgetsRsexy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Oct 17, 2019 - 4:38 pm

When growing up my dad was only responsible for wrapping his presents to my mom. He would always do it on Christmas Eve and it would take him forever. My mom would always tease him about being such a terrible present wrapper, but now that I’m older I suspect he intentionally went slow so he could have some peace and quiet away from his in laws

#36 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• 1,067 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Oct 17, 2019 - 5:27 pm

When growing up my dad was only responsible for wrapping his presents to my mom. He would always do it on Christmas Eve and it would take him forever. My mom would always tease him about being such a terrible present wrapper, but now that I’m older I suspect he intentionally went slow so he could have some peace and quiet away from his in laws

LOL!  That's great.  

My Dad, bless his soul, is terrible at it as well.  I remember one year, neither my sister nor myself was around much before Christmas due to life, and when we arrived home for the holiday there was a Walmart sack under the tree...….compliments of my Dad, to my Mom.  He was so proud of himself though for shopping for the gift himself.  :)  

#37 tracy0504  OFFLINE  

tracy0504

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Oct 18, 2019 - 6:32 pm

I received one order and waiting for two more, I think I will start wrapping soon...

#38 stevierocks  OFFLINE  

stevierocks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Oct 19, 2019 - 6:15 pm

every year i plan to start early.. and every year... it does not happen. lol  not sure why and this year i had plenty of opportunity as i was home after a surgery and major burn for several months. but when i tried to start i ended up wrapping for a birthday instead. 

#39 magickallight  ONLINE  

magickallight

• 55,384 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 20, 2019 - 1:09 am

every year i plan to start early.. and every year... it does not happen. lol  not sure why and this year i had plenty of opportunity as i was home after a surgery and major burn for several months. but when i tried to start i ended up wrapping for a birthday instead. 

I am so sorry to hear about your surgery and burn! I hope all is well now. :::HUGS::: :gdgetwell:

#40 tjredsox4  OFFLINE  

tjredsox4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 22, 2019 - 7:57 am

I am going to start wrapping next week and take inventory of what I have and what I need to get.

#41 magickallight  ONLINE  

magickallight

• 55,384 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 22, 2019 - 9:33 am

I am going to start wrapping next week and take inventory of what I have and what I need to get.

I am doing the taking inventory thing as I wrap - it's amazing what you forget that you bought and forgot to buy! ;)

#42 kellis4321  OFFLINE  

kellis4321

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Oct 22, 2019 - 11:35 am

Started my wrapping today - not through with the 1st grandkid yet and my back is telling me to stop! :(  I also found a TON of supplies that I am needing to go get ... hope the stores are ready for me ;)

I have an organizer for my Christmas supplies.  It is red & green, long and has all kinds of pockets on the inside.  Zips up too.  I keep all my paper, tape, some boxes, tags, etc in it.  So when i'm ready to wrap, i just bring it downstairs and leave it in my room til I'm done wrapping.  I go after Christmas and stock up on paper, bags  etc so I'm all ready now, except I have not bought anything!  :o

I usually wrap the some gifts the weekend of Thanksgiving after all the shopping.  We buy a tree that weekend and my hubby can't stand to have the tree and not presents under it.  Then I wait until Sunday afternoons to finish up or whenever I can find time to wrap my son's gifts when he's not around!!

#43 ytmomof4  OFFLINE  

ytmomof4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 23, 2019 - 2:00 pm

I usually wrap when I get stuff but I havnt started wrapping yet this year. I have only bought a couple small gifts. I’m trying not to go overboard this year. My daughter’s big gift is a surprise trip to Disney world the week before thanksgiving. I decided to go then that way it’s already decorated for Christmas and the Christmas party is going on. But I also hope it will be less crowded.

#44 speeddiva  OFFLINE  

speeddiva

This Space for Rent

• 2,347 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 24, 2019 - 6:03 am

I wish I was more on top of wrapping as I shop but I’m the person wrapping Christmas Eve.
I did finally get in the habit of putting all the gifts in one spot (a large box in my bedroom) so at least I’m not searching for them too

#45 stevierocks  OFFLINE  

stevierocks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Oct 26, 2019 - 2:06 pm

i actually wrapped 7 gifts today . so hopefully i keep at it . if i do 6 a day from now till christmas  ,i should be ok. 

#46 Elmck  OFFLINE  

Elmck

• 1,907 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Oct 27, 2019 - 4:31 am

We have not started yet and probably won't until the first weekend in December. I have bought a few things but not enough to start the wrapping.

#47 Coastiwife  OFFLINE  

Coastiwife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Oct 30, 2019 - 5:38 am

I should have already started wrapping but I’m still waiting on the wrapping paper I ordered. I started shopping after Christmas last year and it’s really taking up all the closet space and corners of my bedroom.

#48 stevierocks  OFFLINE  

stevierocks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 3, 2019 - 7:58 pm

i actually wrapped 7 gifts today . so hopefully i keep at it . if i do 6 a day from now till christmas  ,i should be ok. )

well so much for that idea. LOL!!!

i dont think i wrapped since i wrote that.

so tomorrow, aside from going to funeral home with my friend, . ( i am very comfortable with doing it, and she didn't want to go through it alone )and taking her to lunch/coffee ...i will be home all day. so i plan to get at LEAST 15 -30 done. plus a few birthday ones. as long as things go as planned. if not .. well then i am sure ill catch up at some point.  i also have to pick up at JCP , kohls, and have a few items to go buy at O.S.job lot.( the crazy deals) .. ugg after writing this all.. i am thinking i wont get as much done.. but... i will at least have gotten stuff done .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users