Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Amazon says it’s working on free one-day Prime shipping

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,385 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Apr 25, 2019 - 2:11 pm

https://www.theverge...update-earnings

#2 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,507 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Apr 26, 2019 - 4:17 am

So then after that they can say well we need to raise the prime membership because shipping is now costing us more. :)

#3 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Apr 26, 2019 - 4:49 am

So then after that they can say well we need to raise the prime membership because shipping is now costing us more. :)

Exactly. smh lol

For those curious: Kitty in my pic is current furbaby, Mew, curled up in a box far too small for her. Ha! "If I fits, I sleeps!"

NASCAR fan (particularly JGR pit crews - many friends there), diehard UM Wolverine fan, animal lover, car girl, cookie baker, singer, bargain hunter. Yep. That about covers it. lol :cool:

#4 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,166 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Apr 26, 2019 - 6:29 am

I really wonder how their cost analysis works on moving it to one day. Some of my deliveries are done by what I swear are doordash or uber drivers between trips - not UPS or USPS - and I wonder if that is keeping their costs down.

Me: Just don't change my Whole Foods discounts.

GO BRUINS!

#5 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Apr 26, 2019 - 6:45 am

Another price hike and I'm out.  I already don't take advantage of many of the Prime membership perks because they don't interest me so I'm really not getting my money's worth plus there are many times when I don't even get my packages in 2 days once shipped.......

I'll be interested to see just how this works in my mostly rural part of the country

#6 budgetsRsexy  OFFLINE  

budgetsRsexy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Apr 27, 2019 - 3:45 pm

Another price hike and I'm out. I already don't take advantage of many of the Prime membership perks because they don't interest me so I'm really not getting my money's worth plus there are many times when I don't even get my packages in 2 days once shipped.......

I'll be interested to see just how this works in my mostly rural part of the country

I live in a city and these days I feel like 50% of my shipments don’t arrive in 2 days anymore. Most of the time it being late is just annoying but sometimes it’s been a real issue. I don’t foresee them being able to back up their 1 day shipping promise.

#7 len_mullen  OFFLINE  

len_mullen

• 1,278 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Apr 29, 2019 - 12:47 am

Prime is $10/month if you pay annually.  I don't think I'd pay that for discounted shipping.  I have always been comfortable planning orders to get free shipping.  I'm not sitting on the toilet ordering paper.  On the other hand, Netflix is $13/month.  If you are streaming Prime video and Prime music, borrowing books, AND getting free shipping, Prime is a bargain.  I own seven Echo Shows.  The default background on these is a set of photos I've uploaded to Prime space.  I enjoy music and entertainment during routine tasks like meal preparation and cleanup.  I also prefer the Prime video library to what is on Netflix.  

I'm always looking for a better deal and am rooting for Walmart, but Amazon still looks like a good deal to me.

#8 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,166 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted May 7, 2019 - 6:36 am

If you are streaming Prime video and Prime music, borrowing books, AND getting free shipping, Prime is a bargain. 

ding ding ding.

GO BRUINS!

#9 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,507 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted May 8, 2019 - 5:30 am

I don't think I've ever used their music service and I'm not a fan of the video. Maybe I'm just not wise on their ways but I always have a hard time figuring out what's free and what's not. When I search for something to stream I don't want all the stuff I need to pay for just show show me the included stuff. We still have it for the free shipping which we make use of but with Walmart and others starting to up their shipping game that is becoming less and less valuable now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users