Official Black Friday VIDEO GAMES Discussion Thread

Brad

Playstation also has 2 systems, their is a difference, in most ads you will see the Slim version, there is also a Pro version,which usually you only see on sale as a console only no bundles, i have not seen the Pro in any of the ads as of yet.

just like the Xbox One X, the Pro version is 4K ready, the other version is not.

Ah, thanks for the heads up. I know there are different versions, I think the ones in the Target ad are probably not the Pro or X versions, since they come with a game.

No problem, we have the Nintendo Switch and an Xbox One S, Nintendo get's used for all the family type games and we love it.

Thank you once again.

My son has mentioned wanting a new headset for his game.  I see them in several ads, but how to tell the difference?  Is one better than the other?  I should mention, he has one that works. He says it's "just a cheap Walmart headset". But the brand I see at Walmart is the same brand in all the ads, so maybe he's looking for something more expensive and high tech?  I would just ask him, but a) he's told me not to worry about it because my budget has gotten tighter, and b ) he ALWAYS knows what he's getting for Christmas :(.  

SO, having said all that, what do YOU look for in a gaming headset?  Would you be happy with the $29.99 Turtle Beach Recon 150 I can get at Best Buy today? Or would you be happier with the $44.99 Turtle Beach Stealth 300 in the Target ad?  Neither?

Edited by Bopeep

each headset is different, a google search gave me this link

https://www.amazon.com/slp/best-gaming-headset/qvz5bpnnrzwc3kb

each kind shows a review.

things you don't think about,

how does it fit over the ears? the microphone? its the small details that is what matters to a gamer.

for me, i Would rather take my kid with me to the store and have them show me which model they prefer to have and explain to me why that one over another.

• Like 1

I am a little disappointed that there are not any better switch deals.  I may end up waiting until after the first of the year to get a switch.  It is going to be a family thing anyway, so I was only going to get it now if there were some good deals.  I may go ahead and pick up a few games and accessories while they are on sale though.

• Like 1

Has anyone found a PS4 Pro listed in a Black Friday ad? Some were predicting prices as low as $275, but I haven't seen any deals of any kind on the Pro model. I was really hoping that Best Buy would come through, but just looked through their ad and didn't see what I was looking for.

• Like 1

Probably getting a Nintendo Switch.  I am debating between Kohls deal (includes case, system, and gaming headset and 90.00 kohl's cash) or the basic deal everyone else has which is the system with mario kart 8.  Either way you pay around 230 for the system alone after you factor in the cost of the game or accessories.  My thought is that with deal at Kohls I would be able to use the 90.00 in Kohls cash to get more stuff the following week, but those items will not be on sale.  Mario Kart 8 is one of the main games my daughter wants.

I use the Kohl's cash I earn Thanksgiving week for items that coupons are not allowed on. Converse, Levi, and now toys can't have coupons used.

That's kind of my thinking as well.  If we decide to get the Switch, I think I will try to get the one from Kohls (if they are available online).  If not, I will just get the one from Walmart.

• Like 1

FYI the PS Plus deal to get a year for $39 can be bought directly through the Playstation network right now.  If you have a ps4 you don't have to wait and buy the card in a store, its at the same price online.

you can buy it at that price pretty much anywhere right now, and get a digitally delivered to your email

Any hope for a deal on Fallout 76? That and red dead 2 are the only 2 games my son wants but I’m not holding out hope for a deal on either.

you won't see a deal on price, the only deals you will see is something free with purchase, check out the Best Buy ad I remember both games had a freebie in it, dont remember what that way

Any hope for a deal on Fallout 76? That and red dead 2 are the only 2 games my son wants but I’m not holding out hope for a deal on either.

Did you get Fallout 76 for $39?  I was shocked, albeit very happy, to find it at that price!  

• 2 weeks later...

I had my Black Friday plans made, and then on Thanksgiving (after I got out of work around 8PM...) my 13 year old decides to tell me he really wants a PS4. So, of course I missed out on the fantastic BF price of $199 spiderman bundle. I was hoping to see it offered again on Cyber Monday, but no luck.     

What is the best non-black friday price I can expect to see for a PS4??

Thanks!