Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Looking for MOST creative ways to give gift cards...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 magickallight  OFFLINE  

magickallight

• 50,125 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 3, 2018 - 12:38 pm

Asking for some suggestions from all you SUPER creative GottaDealers...

My kids are all grown now - so even though they get plenty of presents under the tree - their BIG gifts are now gift cards. I am looking for new ideas on ways to give them.

In the past I have decorated mini-lit Christmas trees with them, given them on each month of a calendar for the next year, rolled e-gift cards inside paper towel rolls, hidden within new wallets or purses, hid them inside of tea pots and hot cocoa packages, hid them within clothing gifts, wrapped them in a small package - wrapped within a bigger package - wrapped within a bigger package, etc. And this year - am kind of OUT of fresh ideas.

20181003133731x188x250.jpg

#2 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 3, 2018 - 1:39 pm

I think you've thought of everything already! Great ideas. Looking forward to seeing what others come up with.

#3 giz  OFFLINE  

giz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Oct 3, 2018 - 2:14 pm

You've had lots of good ideas. Recently, we've been giving cash to our grown son (in addition to some gifts to open). Within his gifts and his sock presents, I fold up money of different denominations and hide them in his gifts. Fun to watch him try to look in every nook and cranny. I just have to try to remember the total, so he doesn't miss something. ;-)

Check on Pinterest, they've got some cute ideas for gift cards.

#4 budgetsRsexy  ONLINE  

budgetsRsexy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Oct 3, 2018 - 5:54 pm

There are gift card and money mazes where you have to complete the ball maze to open it and access the gift card or cash.

https://www.walmart....6&wl13=&veh=sem

https://www.seriousp...ASABEgKfyfD_BwE

There are also puzzle boxes.
https://www.thinkgee...CCABEgKeGvD_BwE

#5 Elmck  OFFLINE  

Elmck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Oct 4, 2018 - 7:59 am

Maybe some kind of treasure hunt at each stop a small gift with another clue

#6 vkozlowski0419  OFFLINE  

vkozlowski0419

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 Posts
  • Member since 2015

Posted Oct 4, 2018 - 8:05 am

I agree with the previous posters, Pinterest has cute ideas! I like the idea of a self care basket/mason jar. Nail polish, lotion, etc in a mason jar with a GC to get their nails done, a massage or a hair cut. A car care basket with car cleaning wipes, new windshield wipers and a GC for car washes.

#7 msyves  OFFLINE  

msyves

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Oct 5, 2018 - 2:47 pm

You've done it a lot of great ways. The only thing I can think of is to have gift card bingo.

#8 colemandawn4905  OFFLINE  

colemandawn4905

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35 Posts
  • Member since 2015

Posted Today, 6:49 am

Last year our one grandson said he was lots of money. SO i took a 5 gal water bottle n filled it with 75 ones and 25.00 in change. We wrapped it whihc wasnt easy. Boy did he love that. He kept laughing. He had to work for that money. It kept him busy all evening. Of course I dont think his parents were impressed with the change but oh well. He loved it. lol

*** Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow***

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users