So where is Everyone on their Buying, Shipments, Wrapping and Baking?

magickallight

I took a half-day off work yesterday and went to Walmart for what I thought would be that last time until after Christmas.  LOL.  Yeah, not so much.   

Today starts my vacation until New Year's Eve and I was going to make the no-bake cookies but much to my horror, the quick oats I had in the cabinet expired......two years ago!!!  :no:  Good lord.  So, unless I get off the couch and shower and head to the store again, that won't be happening today as I had planned.  I did receive a box of goodies Monday at work with some brownies, PB fudge and "regular" fudge so it's not like I don't have anything to munch on while watching Christmas movies today.   

Except for the few last minute things I have ordered for myself there will be no more gift shopping in this house as I don't think I will have enough room in my car as it is now for the gifts and luggage.  :)

Yikes! Been there, done that with various baking supplies over the years. I always feel like such a dingy when I realize stuff that old is still in my cabinets.  :2roller:

• Like 2

Things are progressing along, my Christmas cards are done and mailed, and my boss and coworkers gifts are all done and have been delivered to the recipients. Most importantly though my husband fixed the lights on my tree and now it’s decorated! I just did glass bulbs this year instead of the ornaments that we have collected from childhood and our travels together like normal sadly. But, unpacking the bulbs was faster and less hassle. I’m just really thankful to be able to enjoy a tree at all this year.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

• Like 4

Well, I did more shopping online last night. So much for being done! I just can't stop. So, assuming they actually arrive Saturday, I'll have those to wrap when I return from vacation as well.

I did the same thing.......bought two more gifts today!! I swear Target is putting new gifting stuff out everyday!! LOL

I also made the no-bakes today and they are as hard as rocks..... :(. I’ll still eat them though.

• Like 2

We picked up the last gift last night. Had to get a gift card for a sporting goods store for our nephew. Baking isn't finished, everyone here has ended up sick, started with wife, then to daughter and then me. Somehow I ended up with the worst of it. So baking will most likely get finished tomorrow if everyone is feeling up to it if not then on Christmas eve. Stupid weather :)

• Like 2

We picked up the last gift last night. Had to get a gift card for a sporting goods store for our nephew. Baking isn't finished, everyone here has ended up sick, started with wife, then to daughter and then me. Somehow I ended up with the worst of it. So baking will most likely get finished tomorrow if everyone is feeling up to it if not then on Christmas eve. Stupid weather :)

That was my life this week. Sorry you and your fam caught the creeping crud as well. Darn MI weather. 

• Like 2

here too!!! everyone is sick/hes been sick/getting sick!! 

that said, i am glad to have the head start i had. and don't feel like doing anything.. but will wrap some last minute wrap stuff and i got two items delivered today that were not suppose to come till tues! so i unwrapped the notes saying it is on its way, and wrapped the items! . today i will get the ingredients needed for things i am making for 3 Christmas days( doing Christmas eve at one place and 2 different ones christmas day.. VERY  happy to be involved and have many places to go!!!  i feel so blessed .. :)  

• Like 3

How many times have I said I was done shopping?

Well, I just got back from the store. I bought 7 gift cards, and 5 more gifts (some were photo gifts from the trip we are currently on). And I bought 2 yesterday, 2 Thursday(those won't be in until after Christmas), and 3 (to ship) on Wednesday. I guess I should have bought wrapping paper and tape while I was out, so I could wrap some of these I purchased here.

So guess I wasn't done. But to be fair, I have also mentioned that I tend to shop until I'm out of time, so I had wondered how I would handle being on vacation the week before. Guess we know! I still shop!

• Like 2

Finished the baking and wrapping today - still have some cleaning to do - but will get to it ... right now - am in the mood to curl up and watch a Christmas movie... with the next 2 days FILLED non-stop with cooking, family and chaos - I need a little ME time. ;)

Wishing all of you a Healthy, Happy Christmas. :hearthrob:holiday15:holiday13:holiday12:holiday11:holiday10:holiday09:holiday14:holiday04:holiday03:holiday01:holiday02:holiday05

• Like 2

Finished the baking and wrapping today - still have some cleaning to do - but will get to it ... right now - am in the mood to curl up and watch a Christmas movie... with the next 2 days FILLED non-stop with cooking, family and chaos - I need a little ME time. ;)

Wishing all of you a Healthy, Happy Christmas. :hearthrob:holiday15:holiday13:holiday12:holiday11:holiday10:holiday09:holiday14:holiday04:holiday03:holiday01:holiday02:holiday05

That is exactly what I did yesterday.  It rained all day yesterday so I stayed in my PJ's and curled up with my blankets and watched about 4 movies and read a holiday novel.  Today I got up and got at it.  I got The last last-minute shopping done and some "no bake" baking done for work tomorrow.  

• Like 1

Shopping is done, wrapping is done, and decorating and cleaning are as done as they are going to be. Baking, well it was done by a local bakery. There just wasn’t time this year to do my own baking after doing my mom’s. I promised my husband that I would make his favorite press cookies for New Years as it’s the only thing that mattered to him out of all the baked goods. Fortunately he was totally ok with the small delay [emoji3]

Merry Christmas everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

• Like 3

We are home from vacation, and as soon as the unpacking is done I'll start on cookies and wrapping. And maybe dinner.

Luckily I got the buckeyes done before we left. The rest will be simple things. Sugar and chocolate chip cookies from a mix, brownies, and tiger butter.

• Like 1

Well, I just finished round 2. Spent 2 hours yesterday wrapping, and 3 hours today making buckeyes.

I might make a batch of sugar cookies tomorrow. But I might not. I am ready to be done with all this already!

Tomorrow night we are going to a friends house for dinner, and Saturday I'm going down to see my daughter and grandson for Christmas.

• Like 1