Outlet malls and Black Friday?

snikerfitz

For the last few years we've gone to the outlet centers when they open at midnight. Having been able to purchase a lot of the door busters or other high demand items online thanksgiving day, there hasn't been the need to hit the regular stores. Do the outlets, then around 5 am you will see them start to get busier from all the people leaving the regular stores. Then on your way home hit up the Target, Walmart and other stores with 2/3rd less crowd.

For the last few years we've gone to the outlet centers when they open at midnight. Having been able to purchase a lot of the door busters or other high demand items online thanksgiving day, there hasn't been the need to hit the regular stores. Do the outlets, then around 5 am you will see them start to get busier from all the people leaving the regular stores. Then on your way home hit up the Target, Walmart and other stores with 2/3rd less crowd.

Good idea. Now to convince the hubby lol

We've gone to the outlets around 4-5am the last few years. By then, the stores are completely empty since they've been open since midnight.  It doesn't start getting busy again until around 8am. We've not had any problem with stock or anything.  A lot of the clothing stores are 50% off, plus you can generally stack additional % off or $$ off coupons on top of them (if you bring them from home beforehand - there aren't often printable ones outside of email). 

I've been to the outlets on BF when they first started the Midnight Madness campaign years ago and the deals were pretty good to say the least.  Unfortunately, those deals really haven't changed over the years, but I guess it depends on your shopping list.

I remember the first year our local outlet opened at midnight on thanksgiving.  My DS was only 1 (he's now 13) and my SIL went with her book and a comfy chair.  She wanted to hit up Tommy Hilfiger for a lot of gifts.  I remember her getting some great deals, and even being on tv.  I just don't think the deals are enough for me to add it to a list of places for me to stop at.  I have gone in years past, but its usually on Saturday and the deals are just as good...IMO.

Going big this year getting hotel in Orlando and doing both premium and prime outlets at midnight and before hand going to Walmart and target very much excited because I'm finally getting another handbag lol I need one to add to my collection!! Lol those are the good deals the designer bags