Best Buy Black Friday Ad Posted

Brad

I'm never one to turn down more pages in a BF ad, but these were sporadically decent.  I feel like there are many items on the added pages that I'd seen already on the prior existing pages.... but haven't had time to go back to look.

yeah i thought i saw some dupes as well.

• Like 1

Is that the BF ad or their normal weekly ad?

Looks like the ad on http://blackfriday.bestbuy.comis back down to 26 pages.

I saw that too, and I almost posted that, but then right on their home page, they show a full BF add for 48 pages.  And now it's changed again.  Per the BB usual, things are highly in flux on their website. Lol.

Edited by bribri25

Something is up, I don't see the $1.99 CD's or the $3.99 ones.  They did have pages dedicated for them, but I forgot what they were.

Noticed that, too....  They will lose all sorts of business if those don't come back; and unfortunate we can't look up the list.

$1.99 CD's

$3.99 CD's

These were the pages they linked to earlier today from the ad before they pulled them.  Obviously they deals aren't live, but there are a few already 3.99.  I do think that's a lot of CD's for 3.99 so some might not be BF deals.

I also still have a link to the $6.99 CD's too.  Most of it was albums from this year.

Do we think best buy changed their mind on the extra pages?

SO wait….did they take it back down?

It appears they did take them down, as well as modified the previous pages by either moving them to different pages or removing them from the available ad (likely moving them to "unrevealed" ad pages).  If you look at the ad on the BB site, the last page says "more to be revealed".  I imagine that'll be the reorganization of the pages we saw earlier today (probably everything included in the latest PDF with duplicates cleaned up).  I think we will just need to stay tuned, but I'm guessing there's a good chance that everything in the current PDF will be in the eventual ad.

Yeah I got an email from BB asking me to take down the extra pages but that's not happening anytime soon. I replaced the early part of the ad scans on the BF site with the actual newspaper style ad which is now pages 1-20 and the new stuff is 21-42. PDF is still the old style.
  • Like 5

I'm also curious what the newspaper ad will look like with various pages of the ad on the site being "half" pages.

Yeah they basically take the newspaper style ad and turn it into a grid system so they can link to everything on their site easier. A lot of the "half" pages on our site were because the page was too tall to do a screen capture without losing quality, so I split up some pages into 2 parts. Normally I would have combined them before posting, but with it being BB we wanted to get the ad up ASAP. Seems like most of the other sites ended up using my scans as well because I had them up so quickly.

The newspaper format is better if you're just browsing the ad because the grid system cuts off a lot of titles and products sometime.

Here's a comparison between the 2 front pages:

http://i.gottadeal.com/blackfriday/bbcomp.jpg

And every year the staggering drives us mad lol

Lol...we're just a bunch of complainers :) the threads get ridiculously long as we complain and find ways to pass time.

I'm thinking of getting a couple of the 128gb microsds for phone and digital camera. I'm pretty sure I'll need to reformat for phone and am semi weary of having all my pics on 1 card in case it gets lost or damaged/corrupt. Any thoughts or objections?

Lol...we're just a bunch of complainers :) the threads get ridiculously long as we complain and find ways to pass time.

I'm thinking of getting a couple of the 128gb microsds for phone and digital camera. I'm pretty sure I'll need to reformat for phone and am semi weary of having all my pics on 1 card in case it gets lost or damaged/corrupt. Any thoughts or objections?

I fully agree that we compliance and lengthen the thread passing the time for items to switch over...

It may be my camera but when I bought a 32 or 64 last year, the camera sometimes has a slow time writing to the card when taking multiple shots in a short period. It's a really good Nikon D5000, but 6 years old and maybe it's just a glitch in the card. 128 is a TON of pics on a camera. also on the topic of your phone, you could hook it up to your computer (usb cable) and transfer all the files as a backup while you reformat. Not to say not to get a card for after you format the phone.

OK... Actually managed to focus on my work all morning. (Impressive, with this ad calling my name rather loudly! Ha!) They have the Nikon CP L840 I've had my eye on for a while for $169.99, with a free bag and an 8GB card... I may finally pull the trigger on this one, as that's been priced at $300 for a while now and, while I've seen a few deals here and there, I either haven't had the cash or I found out about the deal too late. Will keep an eye on Amazon just in case, though.

ETA: I'll be taking a closer look at that Canon, too. Impressive zoom for only $30 more.

Don't forget to checkout the Panasonic Lumix with the 60X zoom that starts at a wide angle of 20mm.

It is on page 54 of the BB ad. The wide angle has helped me out of not being able to get farther away from an object several times. The other cameras are 24/23mm.

This is the 3rd Lumix I have owned.  Each one impresses me more than the previous one.

The video quality is unsurpassed as well.  Check out reviews of all 3 cameras at Digital Photography Review.

Edited by BLKFRI

Don't forget to checkout the Panasonic Lumix with the 60X zoom that starts at a wide angle of 20mm.

It is on page 54 of the BB ad. The wide angle has helped me out of not being able to get farther away from an object several times. The other cameras are 24/23mm.

This is the 3rd Lumix I have owned.  Each one impresses me more than the previous one.

The video quality is unsurpassed as well.  Check out reviews of all 3 cameras at Digital Photography Review.

I like the Panasonic, but I am *SO* over dealing with rechargeable camera-specific batteries right now. I have literally 6 batteries for my current camera and I'm still running them out on a daily basis at the race track. Unacceptable when I can't readily recharge until I'm back in the hotel and/or back home for the night. The Nikon uses AAs. Easily replaceable if I run out trackside.