Black Friday Game Plan... How do you make yours?

magickallight

I feel like Black Friday is like a trip to an amusement park or a zoo. We spend weeks planning for BF so we can enjoy it. Of course that means we have a blast... until we get tired or hungry. (When we get tired or hungry we get grouchy, just like the snickers commercials. Lol. ;)) Anyhoo, for me, it is more of the tradition of being out with my peeps and enjoying getting the best deal. We have a lot of fun and save a lot of money too!

Happy Black Friday season!

I keep a list with my Christmas list in Excel, and add to (or otherwise adjust) it as the ads are leaked. Then on Thanksgiving, my sister, mom, daughter in law, and I sit at the kitchen table and go through all the paper ads. Each of us has paper and pen in hand.  Then I go back to my excel list and add/delete to tweak the list and finalize the game plan.

I also keep my master list in Excel - several lists, actually.  

Then I print, grab the paper ads and a piece of pumpkin pie and get my "game face" on.   :2football

• Like 1

Well, I check the ads as they are listed on Gottadeal and starting looking for gifts. Then I get pen & paper (in the age of technology) & make a list of the stores & items. On Thanksgiving morning when I get up at 2am to load the car to drive to CA, I buy the big items on-line. 

Once in CA, I get the ads from my Mom's paper & recheck my hand-written list. Then I go shopping!! Maybe a store or two on Thanksgiving night but most of my shopping on Black Friday.

I look at ads as they're released and print the ones with anything I'm interested in. Once all the ads are out, i do my spreadsheet for Wed Thurs and Fri with stores in the order of importance and/or opening time. If what I'm wanting is available for similar amounts at different stores I'll add to multiple lists and cross off once bought. DVD and bluray are usually taken care of by Amazon before other sales go live. Anything from best buy, kohls, target and macys i usually get online because they make it so easy and offer free shipping over a decent amount. Always hit jcpenney for snowglobes early on since we collect for various family members.

Once i pick up and review hard copy of ads I'll add a few items here or there and print out a couple of copies. One for back pocket and one for glove box. Keep ads for each store in a file and take when i get out of car.

Edited by tinkrbel