*** Official HP Touchpad Price Drop Discussion & Deal Posting Thread ***

Brad

when did they send you the cancellation notice?

4:34 this afternoon

Dear Valued Customer,

We are writing to you regarding your recent Barnes & Noble order for "HP TouchPad Tablet with 16GB Memory".

Due to unexpected customer demand for this item, our inventory was depleted prior to your order being processed so we are unable to fulfill this item as requested. Consequently, we have canceled your order and you will not be billed for this amount.

You may see an authorization on your credit or debit card for the order, but please be assured you will not be charged. The authorization will be released in accordance with your bank's policies.

We sincerely regret any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Barnes & Noble

Customer Service

Just outta curiosity I checked out the local craigslist ads and sure enough several folks are advertising they have dozens (literally) of HP touchpads for sale. Was wonderin' what happened to all that stock at our local Best Buy stores. :(

Perhaps check your local craigslist for folks like these if you're really serious about snaggin' one. May have to pay a lil' more to make someone a profit but at least ya get one.

Just outta curiosity I checked out the local craigslist ads and sure enough several folks are advertising they have dozens (literally) of HP touchpads for sale. Was wonderin' what happened to all that stock at our local Best Buy stores. :(

Perhaps check your local craigslist for folks like these if you're really serious about snaggin' one. May have to pay a lil' more to make someone a profit but at least ya get one.

BOO!

nope don't want one that bad, for the price it would have been nice to have. Other wise I'll do with out

Fingerhut's website list them as in stock but they are asking $649 for the 32GB.

Guess they didn't get the memo :)

Some third part sellers on Buy.com have some for $400 and up.

That makes as much sense as people paying $200 and $300 on ebay to buy something you couldn't pay them to buy a month ago just because they are now sold out :confused:

DT

Office max just told me that they indeed did have them but got an email from corporate to pull them from the shelves...WTH?

I would think that if Office max or anybody purchased the Pads based on the original price, then if they sold them at the new discounted prices that they would take a loss on them? I would think that they need to be compensated in some way?

Well, the 32gb that I ordered from an amazon seller on Sunday just got cancelled. :( That was after trying all day to be able to check out on HP. Darn.

If anyone ends up with an extra, I would be more than willing to pay reimburse you for your time and gas to mail the tablet...This was going to be the perfect birthday gift for my DD in September.

Edited by nat1jen

I placed three separate single unit orders with onSale through Amazon and they cancelled all three of them today. I stopped searching elsewhere when my orders went through with onSale, so I'm sure I'm out of luck now this late in the game. I have messaged Amazon complaining about that vendor and have sent a complaint to the vendor itself. They should not sell inventory they do not have, period. And I can't even leave public negative feedback on the vendor's page because when they cancelled the orders, they were eliminated from my Amazon account completely, which left me no feedback link. It's as if it never happened. Grrr.

And I can't even leave public negative feedback on the vendor's page because when they cancelled the orders, they were eliminated from my Amazon account completely, which left me no feedback link. It's as if it never happened. Grrr.

Yeah, what's up with that? No way to leave feedback for a vendor that waited 3 DAYS to cancel an order? Seems unfair.