How much have you spent

1josh

I have spent about $1500 on my 2 kids and about $500 on DH family and mine.Need to spend about another $500 on kids and will be done.I also dont use credit cards either so im happy about that.Oh my Mom sends me $300 every year for kids so they will get about $2300 worth under tree.

I think that is nice! That way you can get the kids something really nice or combo gifts to go with each other.

My brother, and I have this pact, every year we do not spend any money on one another, but we'll drink a few beers together :)

My other family on the other hand, with times being tight I'll buy them a few cheap DVD's, and such so far I've spent about 200.00 and am almost done :)

edit; It's also only my mom, dad, and sister, and her significant other that I buy for

Edited by BnM

This time of the year always makes you spend like mad. The worst thing is you realize it when it is too late :(

So true!!! I had originally planned on spending $700-800 on DD (only child), and ended up spending more than twice as much! :eyepoppin Its a good thing I don't buy her much throughout the year except clothes (teaching her delayed gratification) otherwise I would be mad at myself.

I don't even want to know. More then 3 grand I think :blush:. The only reason for this is my girls wanted big ticket items this year. Then we decided to redo their room. But, I am thankful to say we have only used cash. No credit cards this year, no coming out of Dec. in debt. It just took some planning and saving. Oh yea, that is for 2 DD, 2 moms, a dog, 6 nieces and nephews, 3 sisters n brother in laws.

We have paid cash for all our purchases this year...what is making me smile is "how" much we spent on ourselves. The big ticket items had some really great deals - the week before black friday and on :gdnum1:... as for the nieces and nephews ... one nephew we bought a wii game and had shipped (free) directly to him (btw, keep an eye on Amazon - super deals), the others are getting $50. Our children are deployed so they were shipped "light" packages and our grandchildren don't really need anything. This year we decided to provide "Christmas" to a family ... always bought something for someone I didn't know but this is different. I can't tell you how exciting it has been to get the Zhu Zhu pets, asking people to keep an eye out (and they actually finding what I couldn't)...while shopping with my hubby, I asked if we could buy the family a Wii. He said I was going overboard but conceded to the purchase and if he still had reservations we would return it in a week - guess whose out buying games! LOL! All paid by cash, not doing the math ... and I am truly surprised that with the most precious people not "physically" part of the holiday this year-we are still excited, still buying a tree (which we didn't do last year), and really "feeling" what the holiday should be about. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!

We have paid cash for all our purchases this year...what is making me smile is "how" much we spent on ourselves. The big ticket items had some really great deals - the week before black friday and on :gdnum1:... as for the nieces and nephews ... one nephew we bought a wii game and had shipped (free) directly to him (btw, keep an eye on Amazon - super deals), the others are getting $50. Our children are deployed so they were shipped "light" packages and our grandchildren don't really need anything. This year we decided to provide "Christmas" to a family ... always bought something for someone I didn't know but this is different. I can't tell you how exciting it has been to get the Zhu Zhu pets, asking people to keep an eye out (and they actually finding what I couldn't)...while shopping with my hubby, I asked if we could buy the family a Wii. He said I was going overboard but conceded to the purchase and if he still had reservations we would return it in a week - guess whose out buying games! LOL! All paid by cash, not doing the math ... and I am truly surprised that with the most precious people not "physically" part of the holiday this year-we are still excited, still buying a tree (which we didn't do last year), and really "feeling" what the holiday should be about. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!

Wow, this is one of the most awesome things I've seen. Y'all are going to make some people have a really special holiday!!

I'm not sure I want to add it all up ;) I really don't know, but I'm sure it's at least a couple thousand, and that does not count DH's shopping budget for me. (I know one thing I'm getting is a laptop for school) We buy for our 6 kids, my parents, 2 children from my extended family, his mom, brother, aunt, two grandmothers, angel tree kids, family white elephant give exchange game (this year it's a $25 gift card), and each other. I've been shopping for a while, and I only shop with the extra cash after paying bills. I'm still not done shopping, but I guess it doesn't matter too much as there is not going to be a big credit card bill at the end of it!

Fabulous!!!! That is what Christmas is all about! You do have the true meaning of Christmas.

I have spent about $900 so far and expect to spend about $400 more. I still have a few things for other people but my kids that are living at home are done except for one that wants some clothes. I have 2 older daughters and a SIL plus two grandchildren. I am sending them money this year because shipping is so expensive. I did send them a few things thru Amazone tho.

I always use my cc for the cash rewards but do pay it off.

I have spent right at 1000.00 and that is the most I have ever spent. It was all in cash and I have to say 90% came from deals on here. So it is probably alot more than that if I had paid full price for it. I bought for my family of 4, our parents, my brother, and a nephew. I started early and so it wasn't out all at once. Love GottaDeal!!!

I am so excited to see how many people are paying in cash and not getting into debt this holiday season. Both online and IRL this seems to be a growing trend and I do hope it stays that way.

Myself, I have also only used cash this year (my DH has long since practiced this methodology). I am not sure what we spent, probably will be about $1500 by the time we are done and that is only for our 3 kids (ages 19, 15, and 4), my FIL, my stepfather and his wife (long story), teachers (3 dance teachers, 2 daycare providers, and 2 school teachers) and what I bought DH. I know DH will go out on his own like always and buy me things I don't need and pick up some more stuff for the kids. Hopefully he does not go overboard but we have separate money so I never really know.