Acer Aspire One AOD250-1151 Netbook $229 at Amazon

jmecherul

I got my netbook this morning. Was there when they first opened. I'm happy with my purchase. Figured if I wanted/needed a dvd/cd drive i'd just add on a portable. I can't see standing in line at 4 am at walmart in hopes of getting the emachine and my brother says emachines aren't great. He's a computer genius. Prefers acer.

How much are the Win 7, 6 hr battery life ones?

AOD250-1197 This Acer is 349.99, it also has a larger hard drive....Why can't these stores list choices to help reduce ones you don't want to see, like E-Bay? It would make it easier for comparison. The description set ups are not always the same... Sorry for the rant :mad:

I already own Moicrosoft Office for XP & Vista. Would that work with Win 7?

Picked one up at noon today at Target. I didn't see anyone else interested in the netbook. The display was in the far corner of the store. Since it came with the sleeve, that helps to make up for the $19 in tax. I may also return it. I am thinking that she will want Windows 7. My store seemed to have plenty of netbooks left in the back.

which is a better deal this netbook or the Emachine Laptop at WM on BF

The Emachine For $198… it’s as cheap, if not cheaper than the netbooks. :eek:

It comes with an AMD processor, Windows 7 (the newest operating system), 2GB RAM, 160GB Hard Drive, DVD Burner, and a 15.6″ LCD Screen. It’s a pretty pumped laptop with the latest operating system if ya ask me!! :yup: MSRP $379.99, on sale for $299.99. Thus, it’s a $101 savings. see link below. If you can get your paws on one I would ;)

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0320718

However the Acer Aspire Netbook is great too you can carry it everywhere - airplane, car, etc. and it has over FIVE hours of battery life. This laptop is designed for internet browsing, light gaming (like very old school games - will NOT work with Left 4 Dead 2), and doing officework. An absolute must for a traveler! The keyboard is very small, so be cautioned if you dont like that!

You really cant go wrong with either one IMO I'll take anyone :)

AOD250-1197 This Acer is 349.99, it also has a larger hard drive....Why can't these stores list choices to help reduce ones you don't want to see, like E-Bay? It would make it easier for comparison. The description set ups are not always the same... Sorry for the rant :mad:

I already own Moicrosoft Office for XP & Vista. Would that work with Win 7?

Thanks. My threshhold was $200 for a net book. I figure for a couple hundred over $350, I'd be closing in on a full laptop arena. My son is a freshman, 14 years old. I figure that in 2/3 years I'd think about getting him his own laptop....this is more of an interim gift.

Thanks. My threshhold was $200 for a net book. I figure for a couple hundred over $350, I'd be closing in on a full laptop arena. My son is a freshman, 14 years old. I figure that in 2/3 years I'd think about getting him his own laptop....this is more of an interim gift.

That's my exact situation, except I have 14 year old girl. I figure I'll get her a decked-out laptop when she starts college.

I got one of these @ Target this morning as well. I figured if I happen to be able to get a better deal between now and christmas I can always take it back. My daughter is 13 and wants a laptop. All she wants it for is internet access so I figured this would be great. I was really hoping for one similar to these for around $100 black friday, but that's not happening.

I got one of these @ Target this morning as well. I figured if I happen to be able to get a better deal between now and christmas I can always take it back. My daughter is 13 and wants a laptop. All she wants it for is internet access so I figured this would be great. I was really hoping for one similar to these for around $100 black friday, but that's not happening.

I just found on here that OfficeMax will have an Acer Aspire 10.1 for $150 on BF. I know nothing about what OMax is like on BF (the one closest to me is not in the area where I normally shop). It would be nice to save the money - I could always send the Amazon one back - but if it's going to require me being in line at midnight, I don't know if I want to bother. The way that I look at it right now, I got the netbook at a decent price, maybe not a doorbuster price, but now I can go out on BF and actually enjoy myself shopping instead of fretting about whether I'm even going to get the item. I will probably make up the savings with the other things I'll buy.

I saw the one that office max had as well. The closest one to us is 60 miles away and I didn't want to chance it not being online. With that being said, if for some reason it is online then I may try to snag it if shipping is that much and take the one back from target.

Does anyone know where the Acer is advertised in the Black Friday ad for Office Max? I can't find it in the ad, but I am sure that I am just missing it. Thank you.

Hmmmm....wonder if they changed the ad, because when I did a search on the Acer Aspire yesterday on the BF page here, it showed up, and now it doesn't. Now I'm not feeling as bad about ordering the one from Amazon.

Hmmmm....wonder if they changed the ad, because when I did a search on the Acer Aspire yesterday on the BF page here, it showed up, and now it doesn't. Now I'm not feeling as bad about ordering the one from Amazon.

It makes me feel better that you didn't see it either.

Officemax is ad for $150 netbook was faked I heard. ACER netbook at Target sold out in most of the Targets here. Most stores had less than 10 in the store. Amazon as some sort of promo codes for $20 and $30 off these netbooks. I didn't know about the $20 off I would have gotten $25 off the $229 on 11/21. They gave me $5 off and then I called them on Sunday to get the $20 off since when you order on Amazon they lock you out so you can't cancel the order. I am told I'll get the $20 off for my next purchase which they're good for doing that. Amazon had the HP for $199 today I had missed that deal oh well. Toshiba next Netbook to get hit with a reduction. Just have to wait and see. These deals are going quick to act on them. No time to think about it anymore!

Albertson's has mini netbook for $169 that runs Windows CE on it.

Officemax is ad for $150 netbook was faked I heard. ACER netbook at Target sold out in most of the Targets here. Most stores had less than 10 in the store. Amazon as some sort of promo codes for $20 and $30 off these netbooks. I didn't know about the $20 off I would have gotten $25 off the $229 on 11/21. They gave me $5 off and then I called them on Sunday to get the $20 off since when you order on Amazon they lock you out so you can't cancel the order. I am told I'll get the $20 off for my next purchase which they're good for doing that. Amazon had the HP for $199 today I had missed that deal oh well. Toshiba next Netbook to get hit with a reduction. Just have to wait and see. These deals are going quick to act on them. No time to think about it anymore!

Albertson's has mini netbook for $169 that runs Windows CE on it.

Where did you see a Toshiba that is going to be reduced? When? What Window's program is on it?

HP mini was $199 on Amazon on Monday I had missed that one. Toshiba is the only one that has not bee reduced with Windows XP on it. I did find another ACER One for $229 online late last night and it's still available. I don't know if the shipping is free? Newegg is suppose to have one go on sale BF at 6am for $190 with 6 cell instead of standard 3 cell.