Thanksgiving/Black Friday store opening times prediction

vchristianman

Nothing firm yet but I think more store will do like a few did last year. Open from 5 or 6 to midnight, close and reopen early Friday morning at 6 or 7. Difference sales for each event.

I’m hoping that the overnight closures with reopening early on Friday catches on with more stores. Also it would be great if the stores do different sales events for both days so I have a better chance at actually getting some more doorbusters this year (I don’t go out shopping until Friday).

• Like 2

Wasn’t Walmart’s first sale at 3pm last year/the previous year? I’m hoping they do push it back to 5 or 6pm at least. I’m not holding out hope for a push back to Friday unfortunately.

Walmart started at 6:00 last year. Maybe you got there at 3:00?

• Like 1

I think pretty much the same as they have been the past few years. About 5 or 6 pm. JC Penney will likely be 3pm as usual. I still remember when Black Friday was on FRIDAY! lol. Stores used to open at 7am Friday, lol.

Friday is now forbidden, lol.

Wasn’t Walmart’s first sale at 3pm last year/the previous year? I’m hoping they do push it back to 5 or 6pm at least. I’m not holding out hope for a push back to Friday unfortunately.

Walmart did one lackluster sale last year. Let's hope that they knock one out of the park this year.
  • Like 1

I know for years Kmart and Meijers opened at 6am on Thanksgiving morning then closed at some point to open again Friday morning.  Then everyone else started to start their sales Thursday night, then Thursday evening, it would not suprise me if it was Thursday aftertnoon or morning now.

I know for years Kmart and Meijers opened at 6am on Thanksgiving morning then closed at some point to open again Friday morning.  Then everyone else started to start their sales Thursday night, then Thursday evening, it would not suprise me if it was Thursday aftertnoon or morning now.

Well no Meijers here, but our Kmart usually opens at 6am Thanksgiving morning and stay open all night into BF... 

Posted Oct 15, 2018 - 1:13 pm

TazErase, on 13 Oct 2018 - 12:20 AM, said:snapback.png

I think pretty much the same as they have been the past few years. About 5 or 6 pm. JC Penney will likely be 3pm as usual. I still remember when Black Friday was on FRIDAY! lol. Stores used to open at 7am Friday, lol.

Friday is now forbidden, lol.

BFgrl79, on 14 Oct 2018 - 8:59 PM, said:snapback.png

Walmart did one lackluster sale last year. Let's hope that they knock one out of the park this year. 

I don't think Walmart started until 6pm. I believe they remained open all day, but you could not get the doorbusters (or at least pay for them) until 6pm. To be honest, I was on line at Best Buy waiting for them to open, but I will check the archives CONFIRMED, Walmsrt both online and in stores started at 6PM!

https://blackfridayarchive.com/Ad/WalMart/2017