LG Washer and Dryer (front load)

Was wondering if anyone has purchased a new washer/dryer set lately? I am desperate, but am in a pickle trying to figure out which sets are best. From everything that I have read and spoken with salespeople, it seems LG is the way to go. Does anyone have an opinion and where can I find the best deal?? Right now I'm leaning toward Sears as they are having F&F this weekend and they also send their own repair people. I've heard a lot of people have had problems when they need their LG's worked on, but Sears assures me they are on top of it. Of course, I would hope to never need them...;)

I read a lot on GardenWeb's laundry forum before I decided on the Electrolux set. Lots of info on the different brands, models, common probs & solutions, good & bad customer service experience with the different suppliers (ie Sears/Lowes/HomeDepot) and the manufacturers for repairs (Bosch,Whirlpool,GE,LG, etc).

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/laundry/

I chose the Electrolux set for a few reasons, but mainly because they were the biggest capacity I could find and I could not (at that time) find one bad review...none. I am in love with this set...and I hate to do laundry.

A year ago I purchased the LG Steamwasher and dryer from Best Buy. It was my first purchase from the LG brand. I was a little hesitant, just because I haven't owned anything LG before and didn't know anyone that did to ask them how they liked the brand. I run at least a load of laundry a day through them and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. I haven't had anything go wrong with them. I would definitely recommend and purchase LG again. :) The only thing we did do was I didn't spend the extra money on the pedestals that they can sit on. My washer/dryer is in the garage, so I don't need anything fancy. After living with them about a month, hubby built me a plywood box that we just painted white to sit them up on so they were raised up off the floor.

I purchased LG washer and dryer in Jan or Feb of this year. I checked the reviews on HD, Lowes, Best Buy and Sears. At that time they were having the one I wanted on sale at Best Buy so I went to HD and got it because they gave another 10% off. Did purchase the extended warranty which I don't normally do. HD the warranty is $99 but in Sears it is more.

I just bought a new set this July, and after reading Consumer Reports - went with one of the top rated, GE frontloading sets. I am very happy with them. My main advice would be - whatever you decide on, DON'T GET IT FROM SEARS! I have a refrigerator and a vacuum from them, and their service is a nightmare!!! It took 5 service calls to get a part fixed on my fridge that was less than a year old and under warranty. Their service people don't work out of the stores, don't come when they say they will, have no managers to deal with complaints - and basically don't care if you're happy or not. I will never buy an appliance from them ever again. I called a local appliance store for my washer/dryer and they price matched the lowest price I found (which happened to be at Best Buy).

Not sure if you got one yet..but there is a great deal @ sears $511.99!! :eyepoppin

Samsung Neat white 4.0 cu. ft. High Efficiency Front Load Washer ENERGY STAR®

Sears Item# 02638302000 Model# WF219ANW

Not sure why the link isnt working just cope/paste item #

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02638302000P?keyword=Samsung+Neat+white+4.0+cu.+ft.+High+Efficiency+Front+Load+Washer&sLevel=0

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02638302000P?keyword=Samsung+Neat+white+4.0+cu.+ft.+High+Efficiency+Front+Load+Washer&sLevel=0