Do You Think Lower Prices More Incentives ?

Bigbroad55

But things have been bad all summer and prices haven't been that great so far. The grocery stores around here seem like they've raised prices and haven't had any really great sales. And stores like Target, CVS and Walgreens seem to take much longer to clearance stuff out. No real great back to school sales on school supplies compared to past years.

I sure hope so. It would definitely make things more interesting this year than last. I could really see some stores doing whatever they had to get customers in.

Im with you. I know retailers know that BF is like their absolute last chance for them to rake in any kind of $$. So Im thinking they will do their best with sales to get us to spend with them. I really feel like this BF will be a good one (hopefully, anyway)! I think a few more stores will PM too.

I wish they would, but the reality is; they probably won't. I'm guessing that they hope that people will shop for Christmas anyway.

My one gleam of hope is that maybe people learned from Walmart last year. They had a lot of great deals, and there were many people who never shopped there that started there on Black Friday. Honestly, had it not been for Walmart last year, I wouldn't have been abe to afford gifts for everyone!

I think the stores will be pulling out all the stops this year. At least I hope they do lol

I know most likely I won't change any of the stores I go to unless it's a deal that can't be beat but knowing me I'll end at Kmart as my main store as usual lol

I already have a layaway on right now lol

• 2 weeks later...
I would hope, but prices on grocery items here have gone up. I have not been impressed with sales that have been going on this summer/fall. (at least not for items that I am looking for). I would think tht the retailers would be trying for some huge sales to get us out there this BF.

I would hope, but prices on grocery items here have gone up.

Where do you live? Where I reside prices are low. Add in double coupons and I can get enough food to feed me for a week (mind you I eat like a horse) for under $20.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jiEGi1uZbOyKPTY3TcqYbzRZEgOQD9AJ8T4O0

But back on topic, I think for me the stores are going to have to break out incentives as this holiday season I will need a reason to walk into a store (or stand in a line). That and I am moving and it has to fit in my car.