Who has done some shopping for xmas already?

cc1824

I have bought a few things already due to sales, clearance items, so far trying to work on a smaller budget this year as well due to the economy.

Deals i've gotten; 4 cameras uji on easy pay love QVC for small easy pays.

Toys r us; clearance items on baby stuff -- awesome

Childrens place $2.99 stuff in the clearance section on line; with 20% coupon and 10% extra off for having a card of theirs.

Target; new stuff for my daughter's new apt; $16.00 each crockpot, blender, 7.00 chopper-mini

What deals have you'll gotten?

have been picking up the hamster stuff as i see it just cause i do not want to have to pay ebay prices in Nov.

waiting for summer stuff to go cheaper. My mom and stepdad own a resort so i can grab cheap outside decor stuff and put it up for them as they always say to just get something for the business

been trying to watch for steeler/lions tickets (which would be DH gift but will be given before due to date of game) but just havent managed to commit to the stinking prices yet

I know there's stuff I bought after xmas stored in the house courtesy of target 90% off(jewelry boxes,towel sets+some little electronic gadgets in the already wrapped boxed),and just scored some leapfrog tags and the books for kid gifts under $10 for reading system and 3 books, think I did pretty well thanks to the target offline post.

Plus I got lucky at walmart last week and got all my new (2 mo old) nephews gifts from family members(4 gifts) this year for under $25. Would have had birthday or xmas next year done too but mother enjoys being a party pooper when I'm getting excellent deals. She usually comes around and realizes it made sense to get stuff, but sometimes its too late.

She made me promise I would only get 2 tag reading sets at 2.48 reg 49.99 then I get home and she remembers other gifts she needed and sends me looking for more :)

i got 3 of the tags and so far only 2 of the tag books but looking for more.i found two of the hamsters at tru and some ds games and wii games for 4.98 at target.got my cousin three newborn baby outfits at wal-mart for 6.00. don't have as much done as i would like.

I bought some American girl books for my DD at Borders the other day. They were on sale and then buy two get one free.

I have picked up some accessories for the zhu zhu pets, put have not been able to find them yet.

Bought one wrestling ring for DS(3). HE loves wrestling. Got this one for half price at Meijer.

Got my oldest DD (14) ALOT of clothes from Aeropastale. They had an awesome half off sale last week, and all jeans were buy one get one free. Then I had a coupon for $10.00 off of every $50.00 you spend. So I spent $400.00 and they took $80.00 off. I got her a TON of clothes. Gave her some for school, and put some up for Christmas.

I know I have bought more than this, but I can't think of it right now.

Have about 75% done...was able to do really well with the Target toy clearance and the recent Tag readers and books clearance as well!! Now just looking for the bigger electronic items: digital camera, Nikon camera, Touch Zune player, laptop/minilaptop and DSi. Pretty sure the best deal I will find on those will be on black Friday!!!

I want to cut down this year, but this is the earliest I have started. Got my DD7 2 toys already, that were great deals (you know, I couldn't pass em up), got both of my DDs today a Wii game for under $7 thru Amazon (HSM3), and just got my wife a new 8gb zune ($60). Somebody stop me already!

I got lots of stuff from the after Christmas sales last year :yup:

We too are doing a small Christmas as we are going on a family cruise from 1/3/10 to 1/10/10

so that is the BIG gift and we will be doing excursions etc.

I will still buy more than I should no doubt:blush:

Yes! About half done. Purchased S'mores after Xmas last year for my daughter - so excited to give it to her! Stocked up on stuff from The Body Shop when they had their huge sale in late June. Picked up a few DVDs on sale and a bunch of other good deals. Trying to save the rest until closer so I don't go overboard at the end!

I started in July buying great deals as I saw them. I also loaded up at the Target toy clearance sale and scored some good stuff for hardly nothing. Some of the stuff I have stashed is a remote control car, magna doodle, RC racers cars, car race set, magnetix, some video games, karoake machine and more!! I could go on forever. Finished shopping for my nephew and 2 nieces and about 50% done for my kids. still looking for DH and other family members!

I have started... however, do you have the ONE person who is SOOO easy to shop for?!? Mine is my sister... I have gotten her like 4 things because i keep saying "she would love this" or "really like that" so i keep finding great deals and picking them up!!!!! i would say i'm about 1/4 done (which isnt much) but its something!!!!

I've got to go through the closets and see how much stuff I still have stuck up!

I have a lot of little stuff- I picked up some stuff at Borders on clearance and purchased lots of the $1 books from Scholastic. I also snagged 21 free bottles of nail polish yesterday for stocking stuffers- headed back for more today.

We are really cutting back this year! I save so much and spend so little anyways, but I'm really trying to clean out and organize our small house. Christmas gets out of hand around here!