24 PK Pepsi $3.98 @Walmart YMMV

guilliam

I went grocery shopping at our Super Walmart this morning, and there was a guy walking out with a cart full of cases. I asked him how much he paid for each, and he said as long as you have a Meijer ad that you only have to pay $3.99, then he gave me his Meijer ad and went on his way. I was able to grab 4 cases of pop for that price, but they did ask to see the meijer ad.

Why do people have to pay a deposit on pop? I'm confused.... Never heard of that. Is it expensive?

.10 a can in MI...then you haul the cans back, spend much time feeding them into a machine, and get your .10 back. Keeps the roads cleaner and recycles too.

The cases are available at the Grand Blanc Mi store.

i hate returning cans....always full machines broke etc

We normally cross the boarder to IN and buy them there and then don't worry about taking back. Plus when we have out of town guest most are from IN, PA or OH and trying to remind/tell them to save the cans isn't worth it. And for some odd reason if my WM has the cubes at 5.50(plus deposit) the WM in IN will be 5.00(no deposit) add to it that gas here is typically 15cents minimum higher then IN and it nearly pays us to shop down there. Glad its only a 13 mile jaunt plus its where DD's swim team is so going there anyways.

I know they *claim* its to help with litter BUT I so don't see that as the case. We live 13 miles from IN and about 28 from Ohio boarder and there is no change litter wise. Now maybe its the non-depositers driving up here and doing it since we are so close to the boarders BUT I just do not see it making a difference locally.

We would probably mess with it but even when we rinse and bag ours to take back the smell and the filth of the bottle return area is just intolerable.

Gal at work was stocking up on her at-home soda stash and came back from WM on Weds and said they were $3.98 for the 24 pks of Pepsi products. We do not have a Meijers here, so I guess it's not dependent on that stipulation here. I'm going to do grocery shopping today, so we'll see if it's still going on....fingers crossed!

Update: Been to WM for my shopping...had the 24 pks of Mt Dew, Pepsi, Diet Pepsi and Caff. Free Pepsi @ $3.98. Dr Pepper & something else were at $4.98. Only bought 2 cubes, but I think I'll go back again tomorrow to stock up on the Dew!

Edited by Crue2001