Foldaway bed or airbed

AngeP

I've got family wanting to come to my house for the Thanksgiving holidays. I must find sleeping solutions for my incoming family. They insisit on staying at my house (I don't mind at all) but I have to find some type of temporary sleeping solution for 2 brothers (plus their families) and my mom. One of my sister in laws occasionally has back problems so i need to find something raised (not on the floor) for her. If anyone knows where i can find reasonable priced foldawaybed or airbed please share. I am totally open for suggestions.

• 1 month later...
I am a little hesitant now to buy the airbeds. I have gotten mixed reviews about them. Some say they are wonderful some say a waste of money, etc. I am now considering a cot type bed. Does anyone own one? I am wondering if i put a mattress topper on the cot would it a fairly comfortable place for someone to sleep for a week or so.

Last year we bought a blow up bed that has a raised frame for the mattress. The frame is metal and collapses down so it all fits in a dufflebag type holder that came with it.

It is actually really comfortable. We have slept on an Aerobed brand bed and this one and I don't really see any difference. We got our at Kmart.

I ordered the NEBO XXL cot from overstock.com. It is extremely comfortable - i tested it out myself! :). Not like the traditional cot - it is extra long, extra wide and it sits high off the floor. Also, it has a weight capacity of 500 lbs. This one is definitely a keeper. I am going to purchase aero bed as well. Thanks fellow GDs for all ur input and help.