Official "Countdown to Black Friday" Thread

Brad

lol i had a dream last night that BF was awful and nothing was on sale! I guess i dreamed that because i rem. right be i went to bed that sears christmas card bonus commercial came on and i was thinking that the reward orta be better than 3% lol it was awful! def. a nightmare! lmao

Just an FYI, we'll probably be sending out the big "we're open" e-mail to the full mailing list early next week, so enjoy the forum now while you can before everyone starts finding their way back after Labor Day and it gets much busier :D

Also putting the finishing touches on the "BF survival kits" we're going to give away this year.

Just an FYI, we'll probably be sending out the big "we're open" e-mail to the full mailing list early next week, so enjoy the forum now while you can before everyone starts finding their way back after Labor Day and it gets much busier :D

Also putting the finishing touches on the "BF survival kits" we're going to give away this year.

i am guessing the "my list" feature will open at this time too right?

Thanks for all the work that is put in to this site. It is awesome.

It's funny I got the notice about BF today. My DH, who recently took a job at a New JC Penney they opened in Hiram, GA asked ME if I had heard anything about BF ads yet. (I've been a BF Shopper for 25+ years!) He said JCP is expecting to open at 4am on BF. Seems the retailers are getting as geared up as we are!

With budgets tight, BF ads are more important than ever!

Jacquelyn :D

Already got my son his "Big" gift -= IPod Touch 16gb. Couldn't pass it up at $250.00. So I will be just looking for a few acessories now for him and the Family Guy box sets and stuff for my daughter.

Cannot wait till the ads come!

Too bad you didn't wait! Prices just went down on the Touches and they reveled the new ones today! :(

i just gotta email from kirklands with a sneak peek at there christmas stuff and it says it will start arving in stores on sept 14th!!!!

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m229/southern_cowgirl_emt/09_32_Sep10_15.jpghttp://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m229/southern_cowgirl_emt/09_32_Sep10_09.jpghttp://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m229/southern_cowgirl_emt/09_32_Sep10_10.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The other day my wife asked me if I was taking any extra time off the week of Black Friday. I guess she knows me all too well these past few years. Five years ago she would have asked if I was taking any extra time off the week of Thanksgiving. :eyepoppin

39 Days!

I agree....the ads seem to be coming out much later this year..(especially the big book) or maybe im just getting more impatient!!:tongue1:

Last year on this date we had Polo Ralph Lauren and Harbor Freight (not counting the Ace ad that was taken down), so the ads are not coming out later this year.

Last year on this date we had Polo Ralph Lauren and Harbor Freight (not counting the Ace ad that was taken down), so the ads are not coming out later this year.

you are right, Im just probably more impatient this year!

I think it is because the tru big book isnt out yet to occcupy my time:rolleyes:

Although I would love for the Ralph Lauren ad to arrive soon like it did last year:tongue1:

Although I would love for the Ralph Lauren ad to arrive soon like it did last year:tongue1:

IIRC, the Ralph Lauren "ad" was just one thing - like 20% off a certain $ purchase, so nothing to get too excited about. I think RL sent it directly last year. Maybe I should e-mail them and see if they have this year's offer finalized.

Ever since I went about 4 years ago for the first time, I have been hooked. My first time was with my SIL and then the following year I drug my husband out. Last year my DH had to work and I didnt have anyone to go with, so I ended up just going to walmart by myself and buying a few things. This year, DH took the day off to go. I am sooo excited! I am just itching for these ads to get out. I have been telling everyone I know that they should shop black friday. It was crazy, at my daughters girl scout meeting the other night another mother (also an avid black friday shopper), and I were telling another mother that she should go on black friday. She said she had to be to work at eight, and I was like get up really early and go before work or shop online! It was so funny! I sooo cant wait. Anyone else excited like me??

CrystalP I'm the same way about telling people. I was paying my car insurance this morning and started telling my agent about GottaDeal. She's never been BF shopping, but by the time we got done talking she was like, "I think I'll have to go out this year".

I think a big draw for people is when they found out they can have some advance notice about what's in the ads. A lot of people I know never shopped BF but once I showed them ads from here several weeks before BF last year, they ended up going out because they could really plan a strategy and get in and get out as quickly as possible.

I start thinking about BF in like July...lol.

• 3 weeks later...