What has been your Toys R Us experience on BF?

brinak2005

I am thinking of making Toys R Us a priority on my BF shopping list, depending on their ad. I was just wondering what everyone else's experience has been with TRU. My only problem is they open at the same time as Walmart and that is where I usually start my shopping day. I have tons of toys on my list this year for my 3 year old and thought maybe TRU would be a great place to start this year. Any suggestions/advice?

I am thinking of making Toys R Us a priority on my BF shopping list, depending on their ad. I was just wondering what everyone else's experience has been with TRU. My only problem is they open at the same time as Walmart and that is where I usually start my shopping day. I have tons of toys on my list this year for my 3 year old and thought maybe TRU would be a great place to start this year. Any suggestions/advice?

BTW - I am new to the forums, my name is Sabrina, I live in NC and it is great to know there are folks like me who LOVE BF and are already thinking and plannning.:D

I made my trs purchases the day beforehand and then I went later in the morning on BF to trs and received a credit for the bf prices. I think their sale on bf ends at noon. So as long as you're there by noon to get your credit, you should be okay.

I will pretty much go anywhere on BF for my kids. EXCEPT TRU. Everytime I have gone to one they are unorganized. The lines are soooooooooo long, toys are in the aisles, no employees to help out, etc. The list goes on and on. Walmart is the place to be and BB. Good luck, better you than me. lol

I've been going to TRU for the last 4-5 years and I never have a problem getting in and out. In my area they open @ 5; I am usually there no later then 3:30. I have my list and I stick to it; I go through get what I want and I am out of there no later than 5:30 to get get in line for Target's 6:00 opening.

Back about 4-5 years ago I used to try to go to Toys R Us early. It was always crazy. You could barely even get through the aisles because of all of the stuff they have sitting every where. The lines are horrible. One year I wanted an electronic item. I was told I had to wait in line in that department. I waited over two hours and was then told it was OOS.

About 3 years ago I discovered a Toys R Us that I had not known about before. For the last three years I have stopped there about 11:00 am and have always bought everything on my list. never had a problem of anything being OOS and I usually dont have to wait in line. Not sure if many people dont know about this store (as I hadn't before). It is kinda hidden.

NO way will I ever go to Toys R Us as my first stop any more.

Hate TRU. Thank goodness my kids are older.........It was always crowded, people were crazy and mean.

The one time I got my 6'5" dh to help with Black Friday was to get 1 thing for my oldest son from Toys R Us. The ladies beat him up so bad that he swore he would never go again (he did get the present though). He hasn't been out on BF for the last 14 years...

TRU is NOT one of my stops....last year I went with my sil and HATED it...it was better than years before...but not again

lines that wrap around the entire store (this is not an exaggeration), things in aisles that are not where you are looking (ie barbie in the kids shoes, GI Joe by electronics, etc)...NOBODY to help you

AND they do NOT have a friendly return policy

I made my trs purchases the day beforehand and then I went later in the morning on BF to trs and received a credit for the bf prices. I think their sale on bf ends at noon. So as long as you're there by noon to get your credit, you should be okay.

I wouldn't count on this though, not all stores may do it.

TRU has pretty long check out lines, it gets so bad here that they stop letting people in the store until people come out, especially a little later in the morning after people are done shopping at other stores. I won't go there by myself, you need at least 1 other person with you, someone to grab the stuff and someone to hold your place in the checkout line. I did it online a few years ago when they gave out free shipping. I won't go in there store on BF anymore. If you got there early enough and had someone with you it would be OK.

And WELCOME to GottaDeal!

Everytime I have gone to one they are unorganized. The lines are soooooooooo long, toys are in the aisles, no employees to help out, etc.

As a former holiday worker at TRU I can say they are unorganized because they treat the holiday help like trash and there is no communication. The morale of the workers is soooo low because they just don't care anymore.

Didnt read any responses but if your TRU is like ours then I would skip it unless there is a MUST have only can get there on your list- especially if you bring you kid(s) w/ you.

It takes a nano second once the doors open the line goes from the registers to the outside doors. If you buy something you are guaranteed to stand in line for at least 1.5 hours if not more.

No fun

*eta* and our store the aisles are smallllllllllllllllllllll so its hot and stinky and icky and crowded. Seriously I would rather eat my own eyeballs than step foot in a TRU at all on BF. LOL

i have done toys r us in the past. the times i had good luck was when i was one of the first 10 in the door. got the items i wanted and was in and out in 10 mins. however if you are not one of the first few in line...then the check out lines are horrible. so if there is a must have item(s) on your list from toys r us..i suggest getting there early. i have done price adjusting at my local store and had no problems...but have never tried on back friday.

DITTO! It worked perfectly! I used the ads - thank-you GottaDeal.com - and purchased the items I wanted that were going to be on sale... on BF I took in my receipts w/the ad and they credited back my credit card! :D

I haven't really had too much of a problem with TRU in years past, except for the very first time out on BF. Since then, I have a policy: You go to TRU with a buddy, or you don't go. I stick the buddy in the line with a cart, and I do the shopping and bring it back to the cart while they make their way through the line. That way, when I'm done, I'm not at the back of the 2 hour line. :) I know, I know! It's cheating!

Last year was the first time I ever went to TRU on BF. I'd go again. I went to Walmart first and got to TRU around 6 (they opened at 5). The lines were horrendous but in some ways it wasn't too bad because the big sale items were in the aisles that you had to wind through on your way to the register so you could get in line and shop your way through. I got everything I wanted.

BTW - I am new to the forums, my name is Sabrina, I live in NC and it is great to know there are folks like me who LOVE BF and are already thinking and plannning.:D

Hey im from NC too! I go to the TRU in Hickory! I love it with a 2 yr old its my FIRST stop really its not that bad the first yr we went we were late and got there at 7 or so the lines were soooo bad!!! In 08 when we went we got there at 4:30 or so? only b/c we went to goodies b/c they opened at 3 or 4 and there wasnt anyone at TRU when we came thru! When we got back there were like 30 people in line but i still got everything i needed!!! They did the winding lines last year but i dont think they will do that this year beacuse it just caused ciaos! I love it though!!! I can get everything my son wants and more for under 200 bucks! Its much better than walmart!!! you get really good quailty toys! unlike walmart!!!

Hey im from NC too! I go to the TRU in Hickory! I love it with a 2 yr old its my FIRST stop really its not that bad the first yr we went we were late and got there at 7 or so the lines were soooo bad!!! In 08 when we went we got there at 4:30 or so? only b/c we went to goodies b/c they opened at 3 or 4 and there wasnt anyone at TRU when we came thru! When we got back there were like 30 people in line but i still got everything i needed!!! They did the winding lines last year but i dont think they will do that this year beacuse it just caused ciaos! I love it though!!! I can get everything my son wants and more for under 200 bucks! Its much better than walmart!!! you get really good quailty toys! unlike walmart!!!

Yay another NC Tarheel!!!. I live in Winston-Salem. My hubby has some family in the Hickory area. I will have to wait and see the ads so I can decide what I am going to do. I may have to go to TRU and send my friend to Walmart with my list.