How is K-mart on Black Friday?

ChristmasShopping

How is K-mart on Black Friday? How are the deals?

I haven't lived in an area that had K-mart in 10+ years but will soon be moving to an area that has 3 within driving distance.

Any good deals to be had?

I normally do the Wal-Mart, Target and small store shopping on Black Friday.. I leave Best Buy to the pros.... LOL!

How is K-mart on Black Friday?

Pretty much like they are through the year... Not stocked on advertised items.

You might be better off ad matching at walmart, if yours will do that.

I think you can look in the BF archives and see the Kmart ads to see how their prices compare to other stores.

ETA: Yeah, what Cindy said. lol

I guess it depends on where you live. Kmart has different sales on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday- and we always get some great deals down this way. They always seem to have the items advertised, but the employees aren't knowledgeable at all. Last year, I watched a woman ask an employee about an item, and the employee said that they never got the item; but I was looking right at them. The year before that, we went there on Thanksgiving, only to see that instead of putting out the Thursday sale items, they put out bf items.

Either way, if you know the store well, and they have good sales, I'd say go for it. We've saved money there every year; but be cautious. We go every Thanksgiving morning, just to skope out the set up of the store and it has always paid off.

Also, the check out it ridiculously slow, so if you have a person to wait in line for you while you grab the items you need, it'd help out a lot.

Okay, so it's not the greatest place ever, but it's worth it for us; you just have to be smart.

Ours had some pretty decent tv's on sale last year and dvd players for next to nothing after mail in rebate. The tv's weren't top of the line maybe 720p instead of 1080 but very good price compared to other offers and definitely less hassle (electronics was very organized and they had enough in stock for people waiting). You can't miss the popcorn tins, towels and mens jeans they put on sale every year:)

I went to Kmart last thanksgiving in the Am after the Bird was in the oven. Drove 35 minutes to K mart in Bellingham MA..... THEY WERE CLOSED! and not event just a closed poster that says "our employees would like to enjoy Thanksgiving blah blah blah" NO!a marker written closed sign on filler paper taped to the window!!!!

I will never give Kmart my shopping again!

I always go to Kmart on Thanksgiving morning before I start cooking. They usually have some decent deals. I don't normally buy much because I am waiting to go to other places on Friday, but it does help you get into Black Friday mode...:gdlicklips: I think last year I bought some leap frog toys for my daughter they were bogo, and some slippers and blanket for my grandma. I stay focused on other stores on BF, when I make it to Kmart, if I find good deals that great, if not thats fine too. I wouldn't make it my first stop in the morning unless theres is something there that you absolutely must have.

BTW, i just joined the forum and am so happy that there are other nuts like me that are already thinking BF. I can't wait to see those ads. My name is Sabrina and I live in NC.:)

I don't bother with k-Mart on Black Friday but I have been for Thanksgiving the last few years. My local store was never really crowded. However, this year I'll be going to a difft store as we have since moved; not sure about how this one will work. I may just take the drive and go to the store that I am familiar with.

I do not awlays shop Kmart on BF but on times I have I have gotten there later in the morning and would get almost everything on my list. I also shop there on Thanksgiving morning and have found out the hard way that if I do not get there right after they open on Thanksgiving I would not get half of the stuff I wanted.

I do not awlays shop Kmart on BF but on times I have I have gotten there later in the morning and would get almost everything on my list. I also shop there on Thanksgiving morning and have found out the hard way that if I do not get there right after they open on Thanksgiving I would not get half of the stuff I wanted.

That's been my experience at my Kmart too. Thanksgiving morning is way busier for them than BF. I definitely have to get there early if they something I must have.

Kmart is one of my last stops...they never have anything I REALLY want (other than the huge tv...but those are spoken for before they even hit the store)...we go later in the day and sometimes pick up their pj sales, but other than that I stick to Thanksgiving Day for Kmart

• 3 weeks later...
The one I go to is rather small, so if you can't "stash" the items you want, you need to be first in line. Also I agree with the fact that the employees are not knowledgable. If they don't know where an item in the ad is, they will say they didn't get them in. The checkout lines were almost intolerable in 2007, the registers kept having problems and they were the longest lines I waited in. On the other hand, there weren't as many people lined up outside the store there as other bigger stores nearby, most of the ad items were in the main aisleways and I did get some great deals. I have never been there on Thanksgiving. Edited by migirlfriday

• 2 weeks later...
I went Thanksgiving day last year to buy video games for dd. It was not ringing up right so they had to call someone over. He did override and when I saw my total, it wasn't right. I added it for him outloud (20+20+20+20+8) and he said something along the lines of he didn't do math in his head, he lets the computer do it. They rang me up 3 times before I realized the problem. The manager was doing the override wrong. I told him it was BOGO and he said "no, it buy 1 get 1/2 off" and argued with me until someone found an ad and what do you know, it was BOGO!!!! After driving 35 min each way with 2 small kids and then having to argue for 20 minutes over the price when I was correct......

We went to our Kmart on black friday last year and it was crazy! The lines were half way across the door. There was nothing I wanted that bad there so we left. The store was so full you almost couldn't get thru the aisle. But I guess that is why alot of other Kmart's are closing.

I went Thanksgiving day last year to buy video games for dd. It was not ringing up right so they had to call someone over. He did override and when I saw my total, it wasn't right. I added it for him outloud (20+20+20+20+8) and he said something along the lines of he didn't do math in his head, he lets the computer do it. They rang me up 3 times before I realized the problem. The manager was doing the override wrong. I told him it was BOGO and he said "no, it buy 1 get 1/2 off" and argued with me until someone found an ad and what do you know, it was BOGO!!!! After driving 35 min each way with 2 small kids and then having to argue for 20 minutes over the price when I was correct......

There is a case for making sure you have the ad with you if I ever heard one!

I had never been to Kmart until last year we went Thanksgiving morning. We went for that stinking Nerf gun. We found like 3 of them crammed on a top shelf with random toys. We got ours, and were close to the front of the line before open. Before we left the toy section there were at least 5 or 6 people looking for that same gun. I can't believe they would only have 3.

K-Mart has been open on Thanksgiving Day for many years. They usually run 3 different sales ads - one for Thanksgiving Day, one for Black Friday, and one for Thursday-Saturday. The sales are usually pretty good for small electronics and household items. Holiday clothing is usually half price and so is all their outerwear. Not a huge sale but usually some pretty good stuff. The stores here in AR no longer match competitor's ads but Wal-Mart will match theirs on the sale day in case Kmart runs out of something you wanted. Hope this helps!

I've only been to Kmart for their Thanksgiving sale two years ago when they had the Wii and there were only 3 of us until about an hour and a half before they opened at which point a line (of about 40) formed when they opened.

We never shop at Kmart during the year so I guess we never have looked at their BF ads as an option for our BF list...