Walmart not taking an item back?

Ainslee got a few items from my baby shower that are too big and she will not be able to fit in. (summer dresses that are 3-6 mo and she is barely wearing 0-3 month outfits now) I took them to Walmart yesterday and was told that I could not return the items because they were remote location items? So even though they are from Walmart which is clearly stated on the tag, I cannot return the items. She told me I would have to go to the store where they were purchased. I had 3 different showers and two were in AR and one was in LA. HOw am I supposed to know which walmart the item was purchased at? There are 3 different walmarts that I pass just coming to work in the morning...Has anyone ever heard of this?

i would give corporate a call... sounds fishy

if you have the tags the barcodes should ring up in the system no issues

That's the weird thing is the price came up on the display right after it said remote item location.

Here is the response I got. I am not sure why they think its an online return though...Do you think the return policy would still apply though?

Dear Jessica,

My name is Kathryne. I am with the Walmart.com Customer Service Team.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you today.

We're sorry you had trouble returning your gift items to a Wal-Mart

store. So we can resolve this issue, we ask that you click "Return" on

your email toolbar (or copy this message into a new email addressed to

[email protected]), then type the location of the Wal-Mart store that

would not accept your online return in the space below:

Wal-Mart Store Location: ___________________________________

(Street name, City, State)

We will contact the store to make sure that the Courtesy Desk associates

at that location understand our returns policy. They should be able to

accept the returns regardless which Wal-Mart store it was purchased

from. For additional assistance please contact 1-800-WALMART, Monday ?

Friday from 7 am to 5 pm CDT.

Jessica, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Thank you for visiting Walmart.com. We appreciate the opportunity to

serve you and look forward to your next visit.

If we may be of further assistance, please email us at [email protected].

We're here to serve you 7 days a week!

Sincerely,

Kathryne

Customer Service at Walmart.com

Here is the response I got. I am not sure why they think its an online return though...Do you think the return policy would still apply though?

We're sorry you had trouble returning your gift items to a Wal-Mart

store. So we can resolve this issue, we ask that you click "Return" on

your email toolbar (or copy this message into a new email addressed to

[email protected]), then type the location of the Wal-Mart store that

would not accept your online return in the space below:

I was told that the don't have to accept a return from another store without your receipt. If it is an item that they don't normally carry, the service desk will need to add it to their inventory first and then they can return it. I returned a shirt one time that I bought 15 miles away from another walmart and they had to add the barcode to the system and then adjust the inventory and then return it. It took forever but I did have my receipt. They are suppose to take an online return at every store but, again, with a receipt.

are the items available for you to buy in the store you were returning to? If so, maybe the barcode is the same on the smaller sizes and you can just buy the ones that fit her then return on the receipt you have (from the purchase) the other items? Did you ask the person who gave you the items for a receipt? Maybe they still have the receipt

Another Update:

The GM from my local walmart called me. She stated that even though that store did not carry the product, if it was a walmart product and it comes up in their system then they have to take it back. She told me in the future to ask for a supervisor. I told her I was able to take it to the other Walmart and exchange it today and she apologized that I had to go somewhere else. She asked me who had helped me but I never pay attention so I couldn't tell her the ladie's name.