I pod touch 8GB second generation

My son 16 has saved and saved and wants to buy a ipod touch. Apparently his Sony mp3 player that I paid Way to much for is not cool anymore. I was wondering if anyone knows of anyplace to get a good deal on one. I cannot complain about this kid he is 3rd in his class of 765 and has a conditional nomination to west point military academy and works 2 full days a week at a retirement home doing activities. He also plays soccer, swims, and lacrosse. Also is a youth group leader at church.

Apple products rarely go 'on sale'. A refurb is probably the best deal you'll find, or a free gc/case promo that stores sometimes run. Let him know that the new version is coming in a few months so he may want to consider waiting as it will probably cause a price drop (closeouts) on the 2g. The 3g is rumored to have a camera, but that is only speculation so far.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a little "off topic" since your question has been answered, but since over 200 people have looked at this post I thought I would share:..

FYE has come of the larger ipod's (120gb, 160gb) for their regular price, but then have mail in rebates as well, so one that costs $249 regular at the apple store is $199 at FYE... at least at the store I was at last night!!!

hope this helps someone out!!!