IKEA sieze the day event this SAT SUN & MON in stores

brithug00

Ikea is having another one of their in-store only special sales events, some great deals to be had, and and a free small breakfast and coffee to boot!

I think the deals at all the stores are the same, but the ad does state not avail at certain IKEAs, so

check the ad for specifics..here are the highlights as mentioned in my email..

SAT-poang armchair in a variety of color combos 39.99-usually 89.99

SUN-ritva curtains 2 pack 9.99 usually 29.99 available in 5 colors

MON-BEDDINGE LÖVÅS sofa-bed $149-usually 249 shows a black cover, doesnt mention other colors being available at this price

AVAIL ALL 3 DAYS-EXPEDIT bookcase $49/ea usually 89.99 avail in 3 colors

here is the link with photos and details

http://info.ikea-usa.com/seizethedays/

I just have to comment-- that book case is GREAT!

We have 2 of them in this size. STURDY STURDY STURDY What a super price.

My DH has to wear jeans/heavy clothes for work. He had 2 different sets of chest-of-drawers but the bottoms would push or fall out from the weight of the jeans :shock:

This is the perfect solution, he must have 20-30 pairs of jeans..on various shelves,..tons of thermal knits.... on this book shelf.

He puts his undies and socks in the "drawer"

Ikea sells these drawers--they are made specifically for these shelves-I think they are like $10 (i bought them 2 years ago)

It is a great solution to a chest of drawers and gives a nice appearance. Easy to put together too...and if he wouldn't have that many clothes he could just stack magazines, books, golf balls on the other shelves.

It may sound odd, but it is really practical and affordable.

I also have the bigger one....way bigger, it covers the length of the wall in my laundry room, neat alternative to a built-in. You can pile a ton of jars/can goods on these things!!!

GO BUY SOME!!!

The chairs do come flat packed in a box, so if i were you i would buy them in the sale and just keep them boxed until your move (checking of course that all the pieces were there first). Make note that the ad does say while supplies last for each item. I would go early, bec last time i went to one of the sales they were giving out tickets for the items and by the time i wandered around to get them, most of the colors were gone.

I just have to comment-- that book case is GREAT!

We have 2 of them in this size. STURDY STURDY STURDY What a super price.

My DH has to wear jeans/heavy clothes for work. He had 2 different sets of chest-of-drawers but the bottoms would push or fall out from the weight of the jeans :shock:

This is the perfect solution, he must have 20-30 pairs of jeans..on various shelves,..tons of thermal knits.... on this book shelf.

He puts his undies and socks in the "drawer"

Ikea sells these drawers--they are made specifically for these shelves-I think they are like $10 (i bought them 2 years ago)

It is a great solution to a chest of drawers and gives a nice appearance. Easy to put together too...and if he wouldn't have that many clothes he could just stack magazines, books, golf balls on the other shelves.

It may sound odd, but it is really practical and affordable.

I also have the bigger one....way bigger, it covers the length of the wall in my laundry room, neat alternative to a built-in. You can pile a ton of jars/can goods on these things!!!

GO BUY SOME!!!

Sold! :D

I'm going Saturday. I've been wavering on treating myself to that Poang chair since our new Ikea opened here a couple of weeks ago. And 2 sets of those bookshelves are just what I need for my office! I can't wait!

ETA: Dang! I just found out that my store isn't participating in the sale. There is a handful of locations that aren't participating (listed at the bottom of the sale page; link in first post). I called to ask why and was told those stores are too new.:(

Edited by lakerb

The chairs do come flat packed in a box, so if i were you i would buy them in the sale and just keep them boxed until your move (checking of course that all the pieces were there first). Make note that the ad does say while supplies last for each item. I would go early, bec last time i went to one of the sales they were giving out tickets for the items and by the time i wandered around to get them, most of the colors were gone.

Would we have to be there before opening?

As i remember it was just the featured items that were in the really cheap sale, but there are usually lots of unadvertised specials throughout the stores. Its worth it to go have a look.

as for getting to the store super early, i guess it depends on what your store is like, we didnt go at the crack of dawn or anything-but probably before lunchtime. they were giving out tickets at the front door and telling you where to get the items in the store. I got 400 thread count sheets for 9.99 that day. nice! I would suggest going straight to the section and getting the chairs first thing, then looking at other stuff.

as for the poster who said they dont have the items on sale in the new Tampa store-its really not a bad drive to the orlando one, its actually right off i-4 before you even get to orlando downtown. from the beginning of 4 it would probably only take an hour at most.

as for the poster who said they dont have the items on sale in the new Tampa store-its really not a bad drive to the orlando one, its actually right off i-4 before you even get to orlando downtown. from the beginning of 4 it would probably only take an hour at most.

Thanks. I didn't even think about that. It might just be worthwhile to make the trip!

The things we do for deals.... :D

ETA: Dang! I just found out that my store isn't participating in the sale. There is a handful of locations that aren't participating (listed at the bottom of the sale page; link in first post). I called to ask why and was told those stores are too new.:(

thanks for pointing that out. I was all ready to do a road trip (2.5 hours) to our only IKEA in North Carolina - glad you pointed out to read the fine print!

I ended up not making the trip to the Orlando Ikea for the sale but did decide to head over to the new Tampa location anyway.

To my surprise (and sheer delight :cheesy:), the Tampa store was honoring the sale prices for anyone who asked! I ended up getting 2 of the Poang chairs ($39.99 reg. $89.99) and 2 of the Expedit bookcases ($49.99 reg. $89.99) allshoppedout gushed about above.

Happy, happy day for me! Here's hoping others with new stores in their area will have similar luck.

Now excuse me while I go assemble my new furniture... :D