Leapfrog Didj and Leapster2 on sale @ amazon.com

brianacolie

Bummer. I missed that one. It is $45.68 now. I would have paid $21.99. I've heard such mixed reviews on this one. My son will be 7 in May. I've been looking at this because I can't think of anything else to get him. We already upgraded from the Gameboy Advance to the DS and I wasn't ready to pay $169.00 to upgrade to the new one. So thought this seemed interesting enough. And $21.99 seemed like the perfect price I'd be willing to pay. Hope that sale happens again.

What an awesome deal for the leapster!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_84052511_3?ie=UTF8&plgroup=2&docId=1000356871&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=08XY6KB82F3V5A755J5Q&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=474093131&pf_rd_i=B00134TC10

This is the page where you pick the game for FREE, but it also states that you get $10 off, so the total would be 26.14! My cart didn't automatically adjust, so I called and this lady, Margaret, told me they will credit me within 24-48 hrs. Great find, Thanks!

Bummer. I missed that one. It is $45.68 now. I would have paid $21.99. I've heard such mixed reviews on this one. My son will be 7 in May. I've been looking at this because I can't think of anything else to get him. We already upgraded from the Gameboy Advance to the DS and I wasn't ready to pay $169.00 to upgrade to the new one. So thought this seemed interesting enough. And $21.99 seemed like the perfect price I'd be willing to pay. Hope that sale happens again.

you may want to check around. My friends son upgraded to the dsi by trading in his old ds ad it ended up costing him only $70 for the new one. hth

you may want to check around. My friends son upgraded to the dsi by trading in his old ds ad it ended up costing him only $70 for the new one. hth

Really? That may not be so bad. Thanks for that advice. I may look into something like that.

Do you know if you can play all the old games on the new system? Is it worth it? I know it has a camera but is there anything else that makes it worth it?

Really? That may not be so bad. Thanks for that advice. I may look into something like that.

Do you know if you can play all the old games on the new system? Is it worth it? I know it has a camera but is there anything else that makes it worth it?

You can't really compare the two as the Didj is not as graphic intesive as the DS (or DSi). Both my older kids (8 and 10) have the Didj and they love it. It greatly depends on the parent taking the time to sync the Didj with the latest on the Learning Path software. It's a great learning tool that got off on the wrong foot with the general public. (take a close look at all the negative reviews and the majority of them were because the system was released too early or the online software too late) That's all fixed now and I haven't had issues otherwise.

What an awesome deal for the leapster!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_84052511_3?ie=UTF8&plgroup=2&docId=1000356871&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=08XY6KB82F3V5A755J5Q&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=474093131&pf_rd_i=B00134TC10

This is the page where you pick the game for FREE, but it also states that you get $10 off, so the total would be 26.14! My cart didn't automatically adjust, so I called and this lady, Margaret, told me they will credit me within 24-48 hrs. Great find, Thanks!

OK, the link isn't taking us to the page where it shows the extra $10 off to make your total $26.14. To get there, click on the link above, then click on the spongebob game itself (little icon) slightly to the right of the picture of the Leapster 2 then it should take your to a page showing the green and pink Leapster2 with the promo above in orange letters.

It states: "Get $10 Off and a Free SpongeBob Game with Purchase of Leapster2 through April 30, when you purchase a Leapster2 in green or pink you can get a SpongeBob SquarePants: Through the Wormhole game free. Here's how (restrictions apply). (Applies only to products sold by Amazon.com. Does not apply to products sold by third-party merchants and other sellers through the Amazon.com site.)"

I used the "call me" feature and had to show/explain to them the 1 page that explains this. I did this to make sure that they adjusted the price before it went through to my credit card. Last time, I needed to get a refund and that took some time so I'd rather pay less now than wait for a refund.

Mine too came out to $26.14 (no tax, free shipping, and free Spongebob game) Great Gift!! (I bought this last Blackfriday for $40 from amazon with free sonic game which I thought was a great price back then too!)

Edited by KoopawnKode
link not working exactly as it should

they were 29 something at some walmarts, which is where i picked up mine. They dont offer the 20 dollar coup anymore, but as of like last week there was a 10 dollar off one on the site. If its not still on the leapfrog site, i would say even the 30 bucks is worth buying it-my 6year old is quite happy with it. there are also 5 dollar off game coups online and in the sunday paper a few weeks ago. I bought the system sans an extra game, and that night i checked ebay and found used games for around 8 dollars. Im going to check ebgames too, to see if theyve got any games. I have heard that price is not available at all stores, and so its possible the deal wont be avail. I would suggest waiting for a coup, seems like they keep posting good ones.

Was anybody able to score the $20.00 coupon for the Didj or know how to still get one?

They are $39.99 at Toys R Us right now. I think the sign said through May 5 in the store.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3053358

so with the coupon they'd be $19.99 but the coupon isn't online anymore. Not that I can find.

This is the only coupon available right now

http://www.leapfrog.com/en/landingpages/coupons.html?siteID=RjWYtCqO0.M-5.2xVc_5Zuq9jClvCC5k4Q

check COUPONS.COM every week as they sometimes have them available too

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...