Contact lens

I just bought acuvue oasys from visiondirect.com it took about a week and a half to get them from the time the order was placed and I got 15% off for being a first time customer so a 6 month supply was around 85.00. There is also a mail in rebate on the acuvue website for 30.00 off a years supply with your receipt from your eye exam and tags off the lens boxes. eta: I bought my solution at Walmart my dr. recommended the Optifree Replenish and I think it was 8.00 for a good sized bottle. He also recommended the Systane Ultra rewetting drops and those were closer to 10.00 for 1/3 ounce bottle.

We typically get all our lenses from 1800Contacts (3 in our family wear contacts). Our eye doctor happily hands out the rebate forms in the office. A friend of mine has been getting her contacts at Costco and claims better prices than online, but I have not checked that out yet. Really depends on the type of lenses though.

As far as solution goes, you don't need to use a specific brand. So you can go with what works for you...JMO. We like the Alcon brand, but I'll buy the Renu products periodically when they're on sale. I typically buy our solution at Target or WalMart.

I used this blog:

http://www.lenspundit.com/

I was able to compare, find a $5 off code to cover the shipping and get the cheapest for the lenses we needed.

I ended up ordering from Discount Contact lenses. Shipping took about a week. Got an email notification after a few days that the shipper had screwed up the first leg so they were shipping them at their own cost at a quicker rate.

Was very happy with the service and will check the prices again in 6 mos when I need more. BTW, I am pretty sure all the rebates were on the sites I looked at. We just didn't want to buy more than 6 mos at a time.

the solution doesn't make a difference? my doctor told me not to change solutions without asking him first.. is that maybe because of the type of lenses or is he just crazy? lol

As long as you get a similar solution you shouldn't have an issue. However, some solutions have different cleaning guidelines. We always speak to our dr first...no sense in having to go back because of eye issues. We have a few that we use and my kids actually have preferences (they notice less dryness etc with their preferred brand.)

thanks I guess I'll hold off on changing till I talk to him my lenses are the Oasys that are supposed to need rewetting less often but they still seem dry to me... maybe because I'm not used to them yet. Dr. also said I could sleep in them if I wanted but every morning ( I've tried 3 times ) they are in the top of my eye and folded in half so I have to take them out anyway and fix them might as well just do it at night. Edited by jbrawn26
eta:

thanks I guess I'll hold off on changing till I talk to him my lenses are the Oasys that are supposed to need rewetting less often but they still seem dry to me... maybe because I'm not used to them yet. Dr. also said I could sleep in them if I wanted but every morning ( I've tried 3 times ) they are in the top of my eye and folded in half so I have to take them out anyway and fix them might as well just do it at night.

We mentioned to the fitting clinician at our clinic about the dryness factor and she suggested we try a different solution. My dd has been happier with the new solution. But I wouldn't switch until I talked to them because I could switch to one that did the opposite of what we needed.

Thanks for that tip about Vision Direct, and especially for the rebate that will definitely help (only $20 rebate for hers, but still good). I will definitely check out WM prices on the solution.

Vision Direct and many other online contact ordering companies have discounts just before you place the order google the company name and coupons. Every time I've ordered from vision direct I use either a free shipping or percentage off coupon

i get mine from vision direct

i use clean care for my solution

get a sample from eye doc more pricey but you basically put the solution into a bottle and your contacts into a holder that goes/dips into the solution

you must keep it in for at least 6 hours in solution as it fizzes away 100% of residue and grime

after getting GPC this was the only solution that let me keep wearing my two week Oasis and not have to go to dailies

i get mine from vision direct

i use clean care for my solution

get a sample from eye doc more pricey but you basically put the solution into a bottle and your contacts into a holder that goes/dips into the solution

you must keep it in for at least 6 hours in solution as it fizzes away 100% of residue and grime

after getting GPC this was the only solution that let me keep wearing my two week Oasis and not have to go to dailies

thanks =)

I got a flyer in the mail for 1800contacts.com has anyone ordered from them before? Are they reliable? I haven't priced them out yet, but a good price from someplace unreliable is not a good price, so I'd like to know about others experiences.

I got a flyer in the mail for 1800contacts.com has anyone ordered from them before? Are they reliable? I haven't priced them out yet, but a good price from someplace unreliable is not a good price, so I'd like to know about others experiences.

I have ordered from them but they are more expensive.

I ordered and got great service from the one I listed above. They were cheaper and I was very happy with the service and how they handled the sale. I will order from discount contact lenses again.

http://www.discountcontactlenses.com/

I also used a coupon code from the blog I listed above. They honored it and sent me another one to use on my next order. Fast, good price and good product.

1800 contacts was fast and a good product also. They just cost more.