Good website to buy new cell phones-no contract

Anyone know of a good, honest website that I can purchase a new phone without a contract? Nothing too fancy. My Verizon contract just ended and the rep said that we can keep on paying month to month without a new contract, even add a new line for my husband. I am on a family plan and do not want to sign a new contract. Any help is appreciated!:)

This will sound real crazy. I was listening to clarkhoward.com about a month ago. He had a caller talking about this very thing. But there was a twist, it was a cell phone rep who was complaining about the customer wanting to pay more for the phone.

What the caller suggested, was to get the phone with the contract (so you get a nice discount) then after you get your rebate, pay your ETF ($175).*

This way you also make sure that you know what you are getting (new or refurb), and you know that you are fully covered by the manufacturers warranty.

*This is what I heard. I have not tried this.

do you have a metropcs in your area? boost mobile is also a new service with no contract. we have been very happy with metro-month to month with no contract, unlimited minutes etc. they even have a family plan for up to 5 phones. i have had no coverage issues, but they arent available everywhere yet. you do buy the phone up front, but you get your first month of service free. check out the website for details. HTH

I buy all my extra cell phones from ebay stores. They are much less than 175. I just bought my son a Kyocera Strobe he's been wanting for 22.00 and my local store wanted 125.00 for it. When I signed my new contract I looked at Rokr's and they have been going on ebay for about 50.00. I usually buy the excellent or mint condition ones and have never been disappointed.