furniture stores..

Just curious if anyone could recommend a good and very affordable/budget friendly store to purchase furniture?

I'm moving at the end of the month and am searching for a wood kitchen table (preferrably round or oval) & chairs, a sofa & a recliner (or a sectional) and an entertainment center. basically i need to furnish the kitchen and family room. everything else (bedrooms) i've got covered and actually.. I've too much furniture for..

i don't want to die from the shock of purchasing this stuff though. i've been stalking craigslist for weeks, but the items are normally absolutely horrible or too gross to even put in the back of a truck - or i'm beaten to the punch by someone else (or outbid)..

any recommendations or ideas of where to go/look?

Check Sam's club....they had a wide price range on sofas, recliners that were nice looking and sturdy built. I was really surprised at some of the pricing. If used is ok, Sunday classifieds or look and see if there is a place that resells motel furniture that is being upgraded. Depending on price and quality, I've heard Big Lots (if out your way) also sells furniture at some of their locations. Check and see if there is a Freecycle group in your area.Good luck!

Big Lots or Mardens ( not sure if AZ has Mardens ), JcPenney has tables but the shipping is a little high if you order online. I signed up for emails at big lots and got a 20% off your purchase coupon you could print a while back ( not sure if they still do this but worth a shot if there is one in your area ) Overstock.com has furniture too and the shipping cost won't kill you.

Thank you!!

I'm going to go check out Big Lots and Sams Club today!! I just found out that costco has a 'home outlet' center nearby too. I didn't realize that Big Lots sells furniture, I've never been in it even though I work in a store 2 doors down from it!

I'm so excited!